Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 25, 2011
When I took this out of the package, I seriously couldn't believe my eyes! This is a cheap plastic switchplate cover that someone literally printed the picture that is supposed to be on here and glued it to the cover. The image is even the mirror image of the one pictured, so it's not even a good attempt.
Not only this, but the planets are all foggy and the picture is not sharp and clear, nor are the colors bright.
After taping the printed image on the cover, the screw holes were then punched out, leaving messy punched out holes!
I'm honestly offended by this transaction and I will be contacting Amazon about this.
Seriously, the corners are folded paper because of how this was made! AND not to mention the scratches on this thing!

UPDATE* After contacting the seller, I was refuned the same day for the item and for shipping. I appreciate how they handled it so fast. I still stand by the product review though.
on March 13, 2017
Was paper wrapped over a plain light switch. Still cool and did the job. But for the price I was expecting something screen printed.
on July 23, 2017
I ordered this for my son. It can with a finger print and hair stuck to the paint! I was so upset. I emailed then and nothing. I will not make the same mistake twice with ordering it.
on June 4, 2012
I need to re-tract my earlier comment about the slow shipping of this item. After the seller contacted me by email, I realize I was TOTALLY out of line! She is correct, the shipping date was in the description of the item and I "chose" to believe that she was just being slow. What I DIDN'T realize, is the item is hand made, by the seller, and it actually takes that long to make the light switch cover! As I said in my earlier review, the item itself is PERFECT and is a FABULOUS addition to my grandson's new solar system room!! She does GREAT work, and I'm really thrilled with the cover. My apologies to the seller (Gina, i'm VERY sorry!!), and hope that none of you potential buyers let the long shipping time detour you from buying from her. She really does a GREAT job, and I should have been more thoughtful about leaving a "not so nice" review.
on November 21, 2010
My experience with this product was excellent all around. My item shipped within 2 days of ordering, and arrived 2 days later.

The plate is very nice and is a perfect accent to my son's space-themed nursery. Most notable about this product for me was that Pluto is NOT INCLUDED on the design of the plate. Many times I'm looking to buy items (whether it be books, sheets, posters, etc.) about our solar system for our children they incorrectly contain or present our solar system as having 9 planets, which it of course does not.

For a niche light switch plate, this item is reasonably priced. Many plate covers cost around this price in local hardware stores, and are not specifically suited to a particular theme. Even when compared to generic plate covers, this one is still competitively priced.

Nice gloss finish, good quality metal plate, and a really great design make this product worth what I paid.
on August 31, 2013
This light fixture looks very cool. It compliments my son's outer space themed room very well. However I think it is just a printed sticker on a plain switch plate. It is definitely something I could have made at home. I love to make things myself but expected something a little more professional. Don't get me wrong. I like it and you cant tell it is just a sticker from the front.If you don't have a high quality printer or desire to print one then I recommend this. But I think I'll take a page out of the creators book and print my own covers from now on.
on April 22, 2013
This item is a printed sticker stuck over a white plastic switch plate you'd find at a hardware store for $0.49. The screws included are the white ones that came with the plastic plate, so they look kind of ridiculous against the black background.

The planets are squished by the printing process, not round.

Cost almost as much to ship as the item itself. $5 shipping for this item is pretty steep, but almost forgivable if the item arrived in a reasonable time frame. Waiting 2+ weeks just adds insult to injury.
on October 4, 2016
A special touch ! Easy to install, wipe clean, matches the comforter that glows in the dark, pillows, window valance, clock, wall stickers. Hey this gets her up in the morning and ready for school. She knows space !
on October 6, 2011
Purchased this for a finishing touch on my son's outerspace themed bedroom- the plastic one we had broke, so I was very pleased when this arrived to see that it was a metal cover-even made me feel a bit better about the price I paid for it. My son was so excited when this arrived that he put it up over his light switch immediately. Once I finish painting, I'll mount it to the wall. The only thing I can say that I am not happy with is that both of the screws have plain white heads on them and they are not color coordinated to match the plate.
on December 14, 2015
my grandson's bedroom is SPACE THEME... the decals on the wall, his blanikets, jammies, everything... the lightswitch and nightlight are wonderful details for just the right touch.