Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nine West Women's Shiza Knee-High Boot,Cognac Austin Leather,9 M US
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Size: 9 B(M) US|Color: Cognac Austin Leather|Change
Price:$39.99

on September 16, 2012
I bought these boots at another store because I wanted to try them on first. When it comes to boots, I have to be careful because they tend to fit me weird. I have muscular legs so I'm always disappointed by how some boots fit. Wide legged boots look funny on me because they are too wide and sometimes just regular boots are a little bit tight on me. But when I tried these on, the zipper went up without any troubles! I'm so happy I bought these. I can't wait for the cold weather because I can't wait to wear these with a pair of skinny jeans/leggings.

PS. I bought cognac austin leather.
on October 20, 2012
I can't say enough good things about these boots. I have muscular calves that most riding boots don't fit in; these boots not only fit but have a little room to wiggle! (but don't worry, they aren't gappy or TOO wide) They are a good height, coming just higher than mid-calf (I am 5'10) and have held up very well in the rain and mud. Plus, it's Nine West - you know you're getting a quality shoe when you order from them. I have really enjoyed wearing these and definitely recommend them to anyone who also has a hard time finding tall boots to fit their legs!
on February 1, 2013
I bought this boot in-store in the lovely Dark Natural Leather shade first. I had finally found fairly flat boots that didn't hurt my feet! I have custom orthotics that I needed to fit into a boot with about a 1 inch heel or less. These are good for me. I liked the brown ones so much that I ordered these in Black 2. You'll find a few different black shades online. Black Leather, Black 2, and Black Austin Leather. I haven't seen the other shades in person. I ordered Black 2 because it was cheapest on Prime and seemed a bit more dressy than the Black Leather (from online photos).

FIT:
The calf is a bit roomy (you may see this in other reviews). I am an average height and slender/athletic build, 5'5, and there is some room but I'm not "swimming" as another reviewer wrote. If you want a boot that really grabs the leg, these are not the ones for you. More room is more breathable though, which I like. The body of the boot is less stiff than my brown ones. Which is alright, just different.

LEATHER/WEAR:
I sprayed Cole Haan Leather and Suede Protector on the boots before wearing them. Still, these seem to scratch more easily than the brown ones. Nothing major, just light scuff marks that I can probably buff out. I live in Georgia, so I don't have salt stains and snow to worry about.

MATERIALS:
The zipper seems good quality. However, the soles are wearing out faster than the brown ones. Only had these a few weeks and the heel peeled a bit of rubber already.

CONCLUSION:
I would buy them again because the price was right ($94.99 with free shipping vs. the $139 at Macy's) and I have trouble finding comfortable boots. But at full price, no I doubt I would buy these ones in Black 2 again (but in dark brown natural leather, I would).
on November 12, 2012
I'm a big fan of Nine West. The boots are good leather and have a rubber sole. However, the foot is made long and narrower than the average boot. I'm 5'3" and most tall boots fit me at my knee. The shaft height for the Shiza is shorter than expected and definitely not knee-high. I purchased a different brand of riding boots that cost less; and was made so much better. The Nine West Shiza is not worth the money!
1111 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2012
Great boots, but they were way too big on my calves. I was swimming in them. They puckered out on the back of my legs. Unfortunately had to return them. If you have average to slim calves these will probably be too large on you.
on February 1, 2013
I ordered these for comparison with another tall boot (Franco Sarto Clint). I liked these and they were very comfortable, but they were baggy in the calf (particularly around the ankle and lower calf, below the bulk of the muscle). This made them look a bit sloppy, and even though I tightened the buckles, I could still pinch quite a bit of loose leather away from my leg when wearing skinny jeans. I returned them.

For reference my ankles are 8", lower calf 10", upper calf 14". If you have slim ankles and calves, these won't fit very well.
on November 28, 2012
These boots look so classy with any outfit at all, any colour at all -- my most versatile purchase yet. My only complaint is how wide the calf is -- I'm sure there are others who love this attribute. They fit true to size.
on October 30, 2012
I couldn't wait to get these boots in the mail, and put them on! They have went above my expectations. They are soft enough to be comfortable, but yet firm enough not to be saggy. Everywhere I go I get compliments! My wardrobe revolves around these boots, and I have been trying to find fashion peices, just so that I can wear them as much as possible. I ordered the Cognac, and it goes with black ensembles quite well. The calf width is perfect. I usually find boots to be a bit small in the calf but these are just perfect, leaving enough room to wear jeans tucked in. I have not had any problems with the zipper as one person mentioned. I have wide feet, with bunions, and the width of the boot is very comfortable. I would highly recommend you purchase them. They are the best boot quality wise for around $125. I think I am going to order these in black too! :)

Alrightttt...this is 2-3 weeks later. I ordered them in black too. I was bad and ordered the Bandalino ones in black, got them and disliked them. Stupid me, I should have bought these in black to begin with. This time I ordered the Austin black ones. I LOVE these boots. I'm a lucky gal to have them in both colors.;)

Both times I ordered on a Friday evening and recieved them on Wednesday morning. Very fast deleivery!
on February 12, 2014
I bought these for my wife who owns several boots by different makers. These may be her favorite now, as she seems to wear them more than any others. The fit and finish is just what you'd expect from a pair of high quality boots, wife says they're comfortable and fit perfectly. You can't ask for more.
on October 30, 2012
The boots looked nice and I liked the style, but the upper calf area was way too wide for my calf. Had to return the boots.