Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on August 5, 2015
Very bright screen..especially at night. 3d increases color depth and the system is easy to pick up. Not easy to hold without hand cramps so but grips and you will be singing with joy for hrs. Best handheld to date with the most fun games! Trust me ps vita is more HD and I bought it 1st..little did I know they would stop making games for it..but this is still quite relevant and fun 👍👍
on February 17, 2015
The 3DS XL is a good system with a lot of potential, and maybe some of that potential will finally be tapped with the release of the New 3DS. As far as hardware goes, this XL version of the 3DS system is most suited to adults with larger hands. It has larger screens and control surfaces, so the system fits comfortably in an adult's hands without forcing fingers to bend in uncomfortable ways. It also feels sturdier and heavier than the original, smaller 3DS. However, its larger size means it is also significantly less portable than its smaller brother. It is pretty much impossible to bring this system on the go without a bag or large pockets, but the larger screens and sturdier system are a worthwhile tradeoff.
on May 10, 2014
I purchased this for Pokemon X & Y, and found excellent value in this as a handheld device, and not just a gaming device. The system comes with a very cool feature where if you come in close proximity of another person who has a 3DS, you meet their Mii avatar, and can use them in a couple free games as sidekicks. This feature is called StreetPass. I got so addicted, I started bringing it with me everywhere I go, just for the chance to meet new people!

The screen is large, and the 3D effect really does work (but it's a strain on my eyes, and is easily turned off.) My 3DS came with a video from College Humor, "Dinosaur Office," that was funny and neat addition to the system. The 3DS also supports several apps, including the very useful YouTube app!
on July 7, 2014
I haven't purchased a Nintendo handheld since the gameboy advanced, and was glad to discover that the quality is still present in their hardware. I would recommend this for those who are younger, and older. The massive catalog caters to those who want new games, and games that have been released in the past. So far I have been impressed by the new games that have come out this this device, and that it allowed me to revisit games that I remembered from my childhood.
on August 16, 2014
This console has brought me so much entertainment and fun that I can't believe I took so long in buying it since it came out.

Nintendo has made a good job in releasing so many good games for it. It has the perfect size and a very smart design, though it could have another joystick. It doesn't look ergonomic, but its actually quite comfortable to play with. For hours and hours. The battery could last longer but then I would not have contact with the outer world.

I have to note that this console doesn't feel solid enough and it's kind of fragile. Careful with intense people that tend to clutch things with force while playing. They can easily cause troubleshooting problems to the poor thing.
on February 18, 2015
My Son likes it but the 3D is the down side, because if you move your head away and look back at the screen you need to find the right place to see the 3D and after a while your head hurts from just trying to lock in the 3D. So I just tell him to take the #d effect off.
on November 24, 2013
The 3DS launched with too high price and not enough good games. Two hardware updates and two and a half years later the 3DS is an incredible gaming platform. Out of the three versions of the system (2DS, 3DS, and 3DSXL) the XL is certainly the best choice for gamers who want the most out of the 3DS experience. The obvious difference between the original and XL is the screen size, however, one of the best improvements over the original is the form factor. The original 3DS is ugly and keeps fingerprints around with it's glossy finish, inside and out. The XL is a better looking, better feeling system with its rounded edges and matte finish. The 3DSXL is also very durable; I dropped it on a wooden floor from about waist height, and the fall sounded so bad that I was afraid to open up the system to see the damage. To my surprise, there wasn't even a scratch on the outside of the system. On top of being a good looking and durable system, the 3DSXL also has tons of great games to choose from. While most of the system's best games are from Nintendo, more and more developers are jumping on board. The future is bright for the 3DS platform, and the XL is the best choice for gamers who want in on it.
on January 26, 2015
It arrived faster than I expected.
I ordered for a brand new one, but the one I got was unsealed, scratched and worn out (I had it shipped to my country by a global shipping company, who knows who caused that?).
Other than that, it's working fine, but the charger only operates on 110 voltage, which caused me a confusion about whether it's working or not.
Generally, the 3DS is my favorite console ever, everyone can enjoy its games, kids and adults.
on August 6, 2016
A much improved version of the original 3DS, which I had to return a few years ago due to scratching on the screen caused by the touch screen's bezel. The bigger screens are a welcome change as well. To be honest though, the only reason I own a 3DS is for a few exclusives, so it isn't my go-to console or anything.
on December 15, 2014
Nice upgrade from the dsi I last used.Personally I can't use the 3d as it make me dizzy but what I did see was a pretty neat effect.My only complaints is it feels a bit too light/fragile also a bit large to hold right and I'm a adult with average size hands so I would recommend a grip one or any type of protective case to solve those slight problems.Besides that it's a great entertainment device and this big kid at heart loves it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.