Nintendo Bowser's Castle: Mario and Luigi at the Starting Line Building Set, 284pc
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Build Mario in his Sprinter Kart and Luigi in his Sprinter Kart
- Buildable Starting Line
- Mystery Box sound module with start-up sounds from the game
- 2 Super-fast, battery powered motors for karts and 2 collectable items: Mushroom and Star
- 16 pieces of buildable track create a closed loop
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. The track is very easy to assemble and has stayed put--even without the little connectors that are included to lock things in place.
2. The directions are very clear--the pieces that are necessary for each step are shown brighter in color, and then once that step has been completed, the colors are faded so that you know those pieces are in place and you don't make the mistake of hunting for them again.
3. The cars go very fast and are extremely sturdy...but there are 2 construction mistakes that might be made that could hurt their performance.
First--the plastic fronts of the cars actually lock into place and if you don't make sure they are locked, the front of the car can fall off. This makes for some awesome crashes, but is not how the cars are meant to be.
Second--there are 2 types of wheel and if you put them in the wrong place, the car will go in circles or drive poorly. Check that wheel placement!
4. It took my son about forty five minutes to build the track and it has stayed exactly as he built it for a few days now...and several races later.
My son wants me to add to the review that if you miss anything (a piece, a step in the instructions) it won't work at all, so you do have to be careful and read through the instructions slowly. For example: he missed a step on the Thwomps the first time through and then they were very unstable, but assembled correctly, they are great. I bashed on them every 3 seconds for a few races and they stayed put.Read more ›
It did take us the better part of an hour to put together. The assembly is too difficult for a child. There are a lot of details. But it was worth every minute of trouble. This set is a blast! The motorized battery operated cars really fly. I was impressed with how fast they go. Sometimes, it's frustrating how parts of the cars will come undone. They're easily repaired with help from a nearby older sibling.
Don't buy this as a construction project for the little ones. Buy this for the super fast racing and laughs for your Mario Kart fans.
My suggestion to those who considering this track set is don't let those negative reviewers stop you from buying this toy. It is a really great track set if you only take to the time to set it correctly. But if you want something that can put together right away or something for your average 5-6 years old to set it on their own, this is not the toy.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
the instructions are garbage. the quality is garbage. you can't easily tell from the instructions that you need the track connectors to keep it from falling apart. Read morePublished 1 month ago by t
My son who's 6 years old, really enjoyed the track, but the disappointment was the car would not grip the track. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Stephanie Reese-Blyden
I bought this set for my son's 5th birthday. He is a huge Mario fan with everything from games, to Knex, to plush, to his bedroom decorated in Mario and more. He LOVES Mario. Read morePublished on July 23, 2014 by StacieBlair