Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Nintendo DS Lite Limited Edition Pink Ribbon” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 66% off the $129.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Nintendo DS Lite Limited Edition Pink Ribbon
- Take on the world: with a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you can connect wirelessly, chat with friends while you play and compete with Nintendo DS owners across the globe on Wi-Fi-ready DS games
- Get up to 19 hours continuous gameplay on one charge
- Twin ultra bright LCD screens that combine crisp, punchy colors, along with touch-screen technology on the lower screen
- Powerful dual processors bring 3D graphics to life with lightning-fast rendering
- DS Lite doesn't just play DS games – it also features an additional port for Game Boy Advance Game Paks
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
With Nintendo DS Lite, dual screens and touch-screen technology allow you to interact with games like never before. Wireless communication allows you to experience real-time multiplayer gameplay, and the free Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service allows you to compete against players from around the globe.Dual Screens:
Two incredibly bright LCD screens offer one of the most groundbreaking gameplay advances ever developed. Each 3-inch screen can reproduce a true 3D view, with impressive 3D renderings that can surpass images displayed on the Nintendo 64. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection:
Ready to take on the world? Now, with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you can connect wirelessly, chat and play with Nintendo DS owners across the globe. All you need to play is a Nintendo DS and a Wi-Fi-ready game. There are no subscription fees -- the service is free!Touch Screen Technology:
The lower screen offers something never before provided by any dedicated game device: touch-screen capabilities. You no longer have to rely on just buttons to move your character or shift perspectives. Navigate menus or access inventory items simply by touching the screen with a stylus or fingertip. The possibilities are limited only by developers' imaginations. The touch screen features a tougher film cover for durability, and the included stylus is stored in the back of the unit.Microphone Port:
A built-in microphone port means that with Nintendo DS, you only need to tell your games what to do. The Nintendo DS microphone gives you even more ways to interact with your favorite games.Wireless Network:
With Nintendo DS Lite, you can connect with a local wireless network of up to 16 players. The wireless range can be an incredible 30 to 100 feet and for some games, multiplayer requires just one Nintendo DS game card.Note: Nintendo DS Lite wireless communication, including PictoChat, is not private and is not monitored by Nintendo. We recommend that you never reveal any personal information or arrange to meet a stranger.Rich Stereo Sound:
Nintendo DS Lite sound capabilities allow for greatly expanded use of voices and music, and a richer, more immersive game experience. Stereo speakers allow for virtual surround sound and a plug for headphones transmits stereo sound.Backward Compatibility:
Nintendo DS Lite features a separate media port for Game Boy Advance cartridges, allowing you to play all your favorite Game Boy Advance games in single-player mode.Technical Specs:
- Size (closed): 133 millimeters (5.2 inches) wide, 73.9 millimeters (2.9 inches) long, 21.5 millimeters (0.85 inches) tall.
- Top Screen: A backlit, 3-inch, transmissive TFT color LCD with 256 x 192 pixel resolution and .24 mm dot pitch, capable of displaying 260,000 colors.
- Touch Screen: Same specs as top screen, but with a transparent analog touch screen.
- Wireless Communication: IEEE 802.11 and Nintendos proprietary format; wireless range is 30 to 100 feet, depending on circumstances; multiple users can play multiplayer games using just one DS game card.
- Controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone for voice recognition, A/B/X/Y face buttons, plus control pad, L/R shoulder buttons, Start and Select buttons. The stylus is 1 centimeter longer and 2 millimeters thicker than the stylus of the original Nintendo DS.
- Input/Output: Ports for both Nintendo DS game cards and Game Boy Advance game paks, terminals for stereo headphones and microphone. A removable cover for the Game Boy Advance game pak slot provides added protection from dust and other foreign materials.
- Other Features: Embedded PictoChat software that allows up to 16 users within local range of one another to chat at once; embedded real-time clock; date, time and alarm; touch-screen calibration.
- CPUs: One ARM9 and one ARM7.
- Sound: Stereo speakers providing virtual surround sound, depending on the software.
- Battery: Lithium ion battery delivering five to 19 hours of play on a four-hour charge, depending on use; power-saving sleep mode; AC adapter.
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian.
Top Customer Reviews
Definitely a good way to get into the DS if you've been on the fence about it, as I was. Or even if you just want one, it's a great package. It would also make a great gift for just about anyone, young or old. Heck, I'm thinking of getting my parents one for Christmas!
Anyways, the bundle as it is, is very good, both in terms of value and appeal. The Crimson/Black color scheme is very original. The only Crimson part of the DS is the top shell that you see in the picture: the rest is the a matte black. The DS you get functions like any other DS lite, so there's no need to worry about compatibility.
The case that comes with the DS is very nice. The DS lite, unlike the PSP, is a system that will withstand a LOT of abuse. For instance, I have dropped my Onyx DS from a height of 5ft+ MULTIPLE times, and the screen and body still is intact (AND it still works). Anyways, the case's outside is black, with red stitching. The inside is red, and has the DS logo (the two squares representing the screens) printed repeatedly in a diagonal pattern. To keep the DS in the case, there are three elastic bands, that are very well placed. One annoyance that I have is that there's a pretty big Nintendo tag hanging from the side of the case (like you would find on a t-shirt), but with a small pair of scissors, you can easily remove it. The top panel of the case has a slot for 3 game carts; these holders are black. I think the case gives a little more protection in case one should drop it, but it's more scratch protection and appeal.
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day! is a great game. If you have played the first, you will greatly enjoy the second.Read more ›
***Note: Some spoilers within***
It's been a while since I enjoyed a Zelda title on a handheld. This selection doesn't disappoint.
I'm only a few hours in and I'm hooked. The story line, graphics, music and the characters are all excellent. This title, like Wind Waker, uses the cartoonish/younger set of characters versus the young adult set from Twilight Princess.
For now, here is what I like and don't like. Of course, I'll update the review as I get deeper into the game.
- Picks up where Wind Waker left off. A great story!
- Having the map on the second screen is brilliant. Being able to jot down notes on it is even better. This is by far the most useful tool in the game.
- You can save at any point in the game.
- Puzzle mix is pretty balanced. Nothing too simple and nothing aggravating to the point I want to put the game down. I really dig some of the creative elements they've added to the dungeons. That's all I'm saying; I don't want to give away any spoilers. :)
- The boomerang. I love drawing the path out on the screen. Not only is it used to complete certain actions/puzzles, it's a vital tool in fights. Tip #1: Go slow when drawing the path. If you hit walls or obstacles, the throw is not completed. Tip #2: You can hold down the left shoulder button to instantly switch to the boomerang. This is a great way to quickly arm it.
- I feel like I'm always running out of "screen". This just boils down to the stylus control and limited real estate of the DS.
- Getting Link to "roll" is quite difficult for me.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Beware of high quality counterfeits x.x I friend came over and pointed out that the design has no glitters.. indicating that it could be counterfeit/fake x. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Makiling Onsen
I LOVE this DS! The only problem was the microphone, which didn't work. I bought a DS headset and now its all set!Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer
Received this on the day it was scheduled, it works great and charged perfectly. Barely any scratches and it even came with a nice cloth case and a DS and gameboy advanced game. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Wesley
I got the Nintendo DS Limited Edition with the bonus... but just to let everyone know it does not come with a Pokémon game.Published 13 months ago by Richard Arostiga