Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Take on the world: with a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you can connect wirelessly, chat with friends while you play and compete with Nintendo DS owners across the globe on Wi-Fi-ready DS games
- Get up to 19 hours continuous gameplay on one charge
- Twin ultra bright LCD screens that combine crisp, punchy colors, along with touch-screen technology on the lower screen
- Powerful dual processors bring 3D graphics to life with lightning-fast rendering
- DS Lite doesn't just play DS games – it also features an additional port for Game Boy Advance Game Paks
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Limited Edition Pink Ribbon DS Lite handheld gaming console is perfectly at home in a backpack, a purse, or along for the ride with you on the wide-open road. The bestselling video game system in the world now sports the famous pink ribbon that has become synonymous with breast cancer research and awareness.
With Nintendo DS Lite, dual screens and touch-screen technology allow you to interact with games like never before. Wireless communication allows you to experience real-time multiplayer gameplay, and the free Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service allows you to compete against players from around the globe.Dual Screens:
Two incredibly bright LCD screens offer one of the most groundbreaking gameplay advances ever developed. Each 3-inch screen can reproduce a true 3D view, with impressive 3D renderings that can surpass images displayed on the Nintendo 64. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection:
Ready to take on the world? Now, with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you can connect wirelessly, chat and play with Nintendo DS owners across the globe. All you need to play is a Nintendo DS and a Wi-Fi-ready game. There are no subscription fees -- the service is free!Touch Screen Technology:
The lower screen offers something never before provided by any dedicated game device: touch-screen capabilities. You no longer have to rely on just buttons to move your character or shift perspectives. Navigate menus or access inventory items simply by touching the screen with a stylus or fingertip. The possibilities are limited only by developers' imaginations. The touch screen features a tougher film cover for durability, and the included stylus is stored in the back of the unit.Microphone Port:
A built-in microphone port means that with Nintendo DS, you only need to tell your games what to do. The Nintendo DS microphone gives you even more ways to interact with your favorite games.Wireless Network:
With Nintendo DS Lite, you can connect with a local wireless network of up to 16 players. The wireless range can be an incredible 30 to 100 feet and for some games, multiplayer requires just one Nintendo DS game card.Note: Nintendo DS Lite wireless communication, including PictoChat, is not private and is not monitored by Nintendo. We recommend that you never reveal any personal information or arrange to meet a stranger.Rich Stereo Sound:
Nintendo DS Lite sound capabilities allow for greatly expanded use of voices and music, and a richer, more immersive game experience. Stereo speakers allow for virtual surround sound and a plug for headphones transmits stereo sound.Backward Compatibility:
Nintendo DS Lite features a separate media port for Game Boy Advance cartridges, allowing you to play all your favorite Game Boy Advance games in single-player mode.Technical Specs:
- Size (closed): 133 millimeters (5.2 inches) wide, 73.9 millimeters (2.9 inches) long, 21.5 millimeters (0.85 inches) tall.
- Top Screen: A backlit, 3-inch, transmissive TFT color LCD with 256 x 192 pixel resolution and .24 mm dot pitch, capable of displaying 260,000 colors.
- Touch Screen: Same specs as top screen, but with a transparent analog touch screen.
- Wireless Communication: IEEE 802.11 and Nintendos proprietary format; wireless range is 30 to 100 feet, depending on circumstances; multiple users can play multiplayer games using just one DS game card.
- Controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone for voice recognition, A/B/X/Y face buttons, plus control pad, L/R shoulder buttons, Start and Select buttons. The stylus is 1 centimeter longer and 2 millimeters thicker than the stylus of the original Nintendo DS.
- Input/Output: Ports for both Nintendo DS game cards and Game Boy Advance game paks, terminals for stereo headphones and microphone. A removable cover for the Game Boy Advance game pak slot provides added protection from dust and other foreign materials.
- Other Features: Embedded PictoChat software that allows up to 16 users within local range of one another to chat at once; embedded real-time clock; date, time and alarm; touch-screen calibration.
- CPUs: One ARM9 and one ARM7.
- Sound: Stereo speakers providing virtual surround sound, depending on the software.
- Battery: Lithium ion battery delivering five to 19 hours of play on a four-hour charge, depending on use; power-saving sleep mode; AC adapter.
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian.
Top customer reviews
PROS: This system rocks! The dual screens are easy to get used to, and once you pick up a few more games you can see how useful having dual screens is. The screens themselves look great as well. The battery life is fantastic, I've only run mine down once and that was after three days of play and not charging it. Having a touch screen really makes some games a lot more fun. The size of the game cartridge is great (like a thick SD memory card). I think the clamshell design of the unit makes it very portable and durable.
CONS: The touch screen can be a little fussy every now and again, but it's no big deal; you can recalibrate it whenever you need to. Graphics aren't as good as the Sony PSP, but I think that's Sony's main selling point. I have a PSP as well, and the load times for it are so much longer than the DS.
I'm not going to give the PSP points because it can play movies, or music, etc. etc. I wanted a game system and that's what I bought. I never play my PSP, the DS is what I pick up every time. The DS games are addicting (Brain Age 2 is a good game, but you'll want to pick up a couple more). I'm also glad I picked up this particular DS. I like the black one, and this is exactly the same except for the crimson lid.
I contemplated buying one for a month, and if you still really want one but you're just not sure if you should fork over the money...do it. It's a lot of fun.
And for those of you who rate this game/system as a 1-star because you have a hard time opening the box...I'm fairly certain that a five year old can open this box. I highly recommend that you invest in a box cutter and some night school/tutoring.
The only thing that has disappointed me so far is the lack of WPA encryption support when connecting to WiFi networks. The DS only supports WEP encryption, which can easily be compromised.
I had a NINTENDO DS original I compare with this and this is seen much more pretty and I have the diversion assured, besides the innovation in the sense to play with the tactile screen and in certain case with my voice,is very interesting and funny.
Nintendo DS Lite is very very pretty, I recommend, buy it ^^
Una versión muy llamativa y muy bonita del NINTENDO DS LITE a un precio muy bueno ^^.
Yo tuve un NINTENDO DS original y lo comparo con este y este se ve mucho mas bonito y la diversión la tengo asegurada, ademas de la innovación en el sentido de jugar con la pantalla táctil y en ciertos caso hacer comando de voz, es muy entretenido.
La Nintendo DS Lite es muy muy bonita la recomiendo, comprenla ^^