Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Color: Midnight Blue|Change
Price:$189.95 - $249.00

Showing 1-10 of 922 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,012 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 7, 2017
I bought this in 2011 for my son until I upgraded it to a 3D XL and he gave this one to his cousin and he is still playing it now in 2017. Great purchase. You can play games, take pictures, connect to the internet. It's made very well and easy to use and easy to hold and control. This one comes with 3 pre-installed games, a charger, stylus and a manual.

The screen is larger than the older DS. I bought him the midnight blue one and my daughter the maroon one. The colors are pretty. These are obviously very durable - we haven't had any kind of problem with the console or the charger - it charges fairly fast.

I have no complaints, all kids love these.
on October 8, 2013
I like Nintendo handhelds to be sure, My first was a Gameboy Advance. I've also had a Ds Lite, the original Dsi and now this. First off I have to say, this system has trade-offs to be sure, the screen is considerably less clear than my Ds lite. It's also 1/3 heavier at least, than the Ds lite. But don't lose hope! While the screen has the same ppi rating as the Ds lite and Dsi, It still looks great. It's bright and seriously, the ds lite now feels like a Gameboy micro in my hand. The fit and finish are excellent, The Midnight Blue looks exceptional and battery life is decent.

-Pros-
Very Comfortable
Screen is Beautiful, if not crystal clear
Gigantic
I repeat, Very, Very Large
Finish is Nice

-Cons-
Screen is a little bit Blurry
Little heavier than some might expect
Super Big (not necessarily a con)
on June 9, 2015
Well, having gone through alot of trouble trying to get a DSi, I hoped it would be worth it. And it defineately was! The problem I always had with the old versions of the DS was that it was just a games console, nothing else, it jus played games. That's why I spent time trying to find games that were like tools (e.g.the web browser game you could buy). But the DSi has met my expectations.

It's cameras may be low res, but do we expect them to be 10 megapixel super cameras? No, they're just for fun, and that's what some people are finding hard to grasp, the DSi is for enjoyment.

The DSiware was slow to load most of the time, as was the bowser, but it was very useful for good games like Wario snapped or apps lke Flipnote Studio. A problem I found though was that you couldn't link your WiiWare account with your DSiware account, so you had to buy separate points, but this won't be a problem for people who don't own a Wii.

I was dissapointed by the internet, as it didn't use a 3G connection or special Nintendo hotspot connection, but an extra cost would probably be added if this was the case. On the other hand, the wi-fi is easy to use if you are connecting to a free hotspot like McDonalds and your wi-fi at home is also simple to log on to, you can get surfing in a couple of minutes.

Overall, this is a brilliant update from the previous DS's, and next up will probaby be a DS with video recording and software for it. But this is perfect for me, being just 11 years old and just wanting to play around with photos and sounds for fun. Well Done Nintendo!
on April 10, 2011
I love this thing! My boyfriend wanted to play DS with me, so I got this and gave him my old DS and a gift. If you already have an old GBA and don't care about backwards compatibility, the DSi XL is great. For as big as the screen is, it is really not much bigger overall than the original DS. The original had a 3in screen, the DSi had a 3.25in screen, and this is 4.2in. However, it has the same resolution as the DSi. This almost scared me off, but I'm glad I got it. The large screen means you can hold it further from your face and still read it, which is very comfortable, and the bright and vivid colors totally make up for the low resolution compared to the screen size. Also, the DSi XL screen has a much better viewing angle than even the DSi, which makes it easy to show what you are doing to your friends and to see the screens if you want to play with it set on a table like a laptop. All-in-all, a great system and great purchase.
on November 15, 2016
I bought a used one of these mainly because the power switch on my Nintendo DS lite was starting to go bad. The picture on this one is much bigger and nicer. I can't comment much on using the internet because it won't work with our router. It can play all of the original DS games and NOT the 3DS ones. The only flaw that I have noticed with this one is when you calibrate the touch screen the upper right corner of the screen doesn't seem to work right. I don't know if this is a defect in the system or what. Overall, it works quite well and it is good enough for what I use it for. I recommend this one for anyone looking to upgrade their Nintendo DS.
on May 9, 2017
This product is functional, read, learn, educational, I recommend it to all people, excellent to be informed without any problem.
on May 4, 2014
I bought this awhile ago. The DSi XL itself works perfectly and it came in perfect condition. All is well until i wanted to charge the device. The charger wouldn't charge the device at all. So, it is either a problem with the battery or the charger. The customer service was really helpful though. They replied me promptly and gave me contact information of the person i need to contact. Turns out it is a problem with the charger. I couldn't be bothered to get an exchange as the shipping will cost me a lot more than if i go to the local game store and purchase a replacement charger. Once that is done, the device is perfect.
on November 22, 2014
We love the XL. I am too old for that tiny DS screen. We ended up returning this blue one because there was a Black Friday (2013) sale a bit cheaper and I saved a little money getting a black one. But the product is great, and I wouldn't have been able to beat the price except for the Black Friday thing.
on August 10, 2013
My son 6 yr old son broke his DS XL so I made him do chores to save up money for another one. We found this for 59.00 which is awesome compared to most places that sell them used. The bottom screen has a few scratches from the stylist pin but that is normal for a used product. Plus I bought one that said used-acceptable which means it won't be in perfect condition. It was a little dirty when I got so I cleaned it up with rubbing alcohol. The Dsi looks great plus now it sanitized. I ordered it on a Monday and receive it on Friday now that's fast shipping! All in all I'm very happy with the Dsi and my son is too!
on August 30, 2010
I've owned the original "phat" DS, I still own the DS Lite (even the great gold Zelda edition) and I prefer playing the DSi XL now whenever possible. I sold my old DSi to get the DSi XL and I'm very happy I did. Besides the extra screen real estate of the XL, the battery life of the DSi was noticeably less compared to the DSi XL. The bigger screens of the XL are excellent--yes they do slightly render graphics a bit softer than the DS Lite. If you compare the welcome screen text on the DS Lite to the DSi XL, the DS Lite text is sharp as a tack, whereas it is slightly, slightly blurred on the XL. Being a home theater buff I'm a stickler for visuals presented in the best way possible, but the slightly softer, or in some cases slightly more blocky graphics (I emphasize slightly) of the larger DSi XL screens are not off-putting in the least. I greatly prefer to play games on my DSi XL unless:
A) I want extreme portability, the DSi XL is much larger than the DSi or DS Lite in terms of fitting in your pocket.
B) I want GBA support, like the DSi, the DSi XL sadly loses the GBA slot for an extra camera--I really hardly ever use even one of the cameras.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.