Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Color: Midnight Blue|Change
Price:$189.95 - $253.70

Showing 1-10 of 916 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,006 reviews
on January 5, 2014
I was replacing my 7 yr old daughter's old DS unit from a few years ago that broke, and I couldn't decide on which DS unit to purchase for her Christmas gift. There were several options with the 2DS, 3DS, and this DSi XL. I shopped around for several weeks until I came across the 3DS & 2DS on sale at another retail store. I almost purchased one of these units as the prices were incredibly lower than I had seen online or at other retailers. But I decided against it after reading on the back of the packaging that the 3D & 2D units could cause vision damage in children under 7 yrs of age. I have two other children below this age group in the household and didn't want to risk them getting ahold of it and playing a game on it. So I went back on Amazon and ordered this DS with the larger screen. We absolutely love it! My daughter loves the larger size of the screen and my husband plays with it all the time too! Thanks Amazon for carrying this item online as I was unable to find it in any store.
on October 8, 2013
I like Nintendo handhelds to be sure, My first was a Gameboy Advance. I've also had a Ds Lite, the original Dsi and now this. First off I have to say, this system has trade-offs to be sure, the screen is considerably less clear than my Ds lite. It's also 1/3 heavier at least, than the Ds lite. But don't lose hope! While the screen has the same ppi rating as the Ds lite and Dsi, It still looks great. It's bright and seriously, the ds lite now feels like a Gameboy micro in my hand. The fit and finish are excellent, The Midnight Blue looks exceptional and battery life is decent.

-Pros-
Very Comfortable
Screen is Beautiful, if not crystal clear
Gigantic
I repeat, Very, Very Large
Finish is Nice

-Cons-
Screen is a little bit Blurry
Little heavier than some might expect
Super Big (not necessarily a con)
on April 10, 2011
I love this thing! My boyfriend wanted to play DS with me, so I got this and gave him my old DS and a gift. If you already have an old GBA and don't care about backwards compatibility, the DSi XL is great. For as big as the screen is, it is really not much bigger overall than the original DS. The original had a 3in screen, the DSi had a 3.25in screen, and this is 4.2in. However, it has the same resolution as the DSi. This almost scared me off, but I'm glad I got it. The large screen means you can hold it further from your face and still read it, which is very comfortable, and the bright and vivid colors totally make up for the low resolution compared to the screen size. Also, the DSi XL screen has a much better viewing angle than even the DSi, which makes it easy to show what you are doing to your friends and to see the screens if you want to play with it set on a table like a laptop. All-in-all, a great system and great purchase.
VINE VOICEon March 11, 2014
This game was for me...a 60 year old! I love the size, color, and price. I compared to other sites and Amazon has the best prices.
on March 7, 2017
My grandson loves it
on December 30, 2010
My kids have a regular DSi and we just upgraded to the DSi XL and we LOVE IT! The bigger screen size really makes a huge difference in how much you can see what's really going on in the screen. It makes it much more enjoyable.
on January 7, 2017
I bought this in 2011 for my son until I upgraded it to a 3D XL and he gave this one to his cousin and he is still playing it now in 2017. Great purchase. You can play games, take pictures, connect to the internet. It's made very well and easy to use and easy to hold and control. This one comes with 3 pre-installed games, a charger, stylus and a manual.

The screen is larger than the older DS. I bought him the midnight blue one and my daughter the maroon one. The colors are pretty. These are obviously very durable - we haven't had any kind of problem with the console or the charger - it charges fairly fast.

I have no complaints, all kids love these.
on January 4, 2017
My unit did arrive in new condition, but I unfortunately had issues with a creaky/loose D-pad right out of the box. Some creative disassembly/shimming fixed the problem, but it was still a bummer. (you might be luckier than I was)
on January 23, 2017
Very good mobile gaming console from Nintendo.
The packaging was good and arrive in very short time.
In the box came the gaming console, the pencil, the wall charger and some documents.

Very nice console. I still use it very often.

Great product.
on August 31, 2016
Ahh, I love it. Got it today, already checked how it plays and it's wonderful. Of course there was a photo of a random dude and I don't know parental password to reset it but it's fine. Mega awesome.‼️
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.