Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 931 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,021 reviews
on October 8, 2013
I like Nintendo handhelds to be sure, My first was a Gameboy Advance. I've also had a Ds Lite, the original Dsi and now this. First off I have to say, this system has trade-offs to be sure, the screen is considerably less clear than my Ds lite. It's also 1/3 heavier at least, than the Ds lite. But don't lose hope! While the screen has the same ppi rating as the Ds lite and Dsi, It still looks great. It's bright and seriously, the ds lite now feels like a Gameboy micro in my hand. The fit and finish are excellent, The Midnight Blue looks exceptional and battery life is decent.

-Pros-
Very Comfortable
Screen is Beautiful, if not crystal clear
Gigantic
I repeat, Very, Very Large
Finish is Nice

-Cons-
Screen is a little bit Blurry
Little heavier than some might expect
Super Big (not necessarily a con)
on June 9, 2015
Well, having gone through alot of trouble trying to get a DSi, I hoped it would be worth it. And it defineately was! The problem I always had with the old versions of the DS was that it was just a games console, nothing else, it jus played games. That's why I spent time trying to find games that were like tools (e.g.the web browser game you could buy). But the DSi has met my expectations.

It's cameras may be low res, but do we expect them to be 10 megapixel super cameras? No, they're just for fun, and that's what some people are finding hard to grasp, the DSi is for enjoyment.

The DSiware was slow to load most of the time, as was the bowser, but it was very useful for good games like Wario snapped or apps lke Flipnote Studio. A problem I found though was that you couldn't link your WiiWare account with your DSiware account, so you had to buy separate points, but this won't be a problem for people who don't own a Wii.

I was dissapointed by the internet, as it didn't use a 3G connection or special Nintendo hotspot connection, but an extra cost would probably be added if this was the case. On the other hand, the wi-fi is easy to use if you are connecting to a free hotspot like McDonalds and your wi-fi at home is also simple to log on to, you can get surfing in a couple of minutes.

Overall, this is a brilliant update from the previous DS's, and next up will probaby be a DS with video recording and software for it. But this is perfect for me, being just 11 years old and just wanting to play around with photos and sounds for fun. Well Done Nintendo!
on April 10, 2011
I love this thing! My boyfriend wanted to play DS with me, so I got this and gave him my old DS and a gift. If you already have an old GBA and don't care about backwards compatibility, the DSi XL is great. For as big as the screen is, it is really not much bigger overall than the original DS. The original had a 3in screen, the DSi had a 3.25in screen, and this is 4.2in. However, it has the same resolution as the DSi. This almost scared me off, but I'm glad I got it. The large screen means you can hold it further from your face and still read it, which is very comfortable, and the bright and vivid colors totally make up for the low resolution compared to the screen size. Also, the DSi XL screen has a much better viewing angle than even the DSi, which makes it easy to show what you are doing to your friends and to see the screens if you want to play with it set on a table like a laptop. All-in-all, a great system and great purchase.
on January 12, 2011
Nintendo DSi XL - Midnight Blue
I originally purchased this for my son, I tried the built in Brain Age and became hooked so I purchased my own. It is very addictive and gave me a slight headache as I went over the training modules.

In the beginning I was pegged as a brain age of 64 but after 2 weeks of 30 minutes of training every day I am a youthful age 25 in Math and 21 in Arts and Letters.

As our brain starts to deteriorate after age 20, age 20 for brain age is ideal. If you have a DSI or the DSI XL that has Brain Age built in, I would mandate that the child/children put in some training every day.

As you get more daily stamps for returning to train, more programs are unlocked. It is loads of fun and my brain is reversing in age.

FYI- there are parental controls that you can use to turn off wi-fi or set limits on what rating of games can be played in the unit.
on November 15, 2016
I bought a used one of these mainly because the power switch on my Nintendo DS lite was starting to go bad. The picture on this one is much bigger and nicer. I can't comment much on using the internet because it won't work with our router. It can play all of the original DS games and NOT the 3DS ones. The only flaw that I have noticed with this one is when you calibrate the touch screen the upper right corner of the screen doesn't seem to work right. I don't know if this is a defect in the system or what. Overall, it works quite well and it is good enough for what I use it for. I recommend this one for anyone looking to upgrade their Nintendo DS.
on May 9, 2017
This product is functional, read, learn, educational, I recommend it to all people, excellent to be informed without any problem.
on December 10, 2016
What not to like about a DS. They last for years and there are always new games available. Great for smaller kids who don't have cell phones yet.
on June 5, 2017
Love the Nintendo - keeps my 70 year old mind active.
on July 12, 2017
fun to play with even if newer tech is available.
on May 4, 2014
I bought this awhile ago. The DSi XL itself works perfectly and it came in perfect condition. All is well until i wanted to charge the device. The charger wouldn't charge the device at all. So, it is either a problem with the battery or the charger. The customer service was really helpful though. They replied me promptly and gave me contact information of the person i need to contact. Turns out it is a problem with the charger. I couldn't be bothered to get an exchange as the shipping will cost me a lot more than if i go to the local game store and purchase a replacement charger. Once that is done, the device is perfect.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.