Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Nintendo DSi XL - Midnight Blue
Color: Midnight Blue|Change

on June 9, 2015
Well, having gone through alot of trouble trying to get a DSi, I hoped it would be worth it. And it defineately was! The problem I always had with the old versions of the DS was that it was just a games console, nothing else, it jus played games. That's why I spent time trying to find games that were like tools (e.g.the web browser game you could buy). But the DSi has met my expectations.

It's cameras may be low res, but do we expect them to be 10 megapixel super cameras? No, they're just for fun, and that's what some people are finding hard to grasp, the DSi is for enjoyment.

The DSiware was slow to load most of the time, as was the bowser, but it was very useful for good games like Wario snapped or apps lke Flipnote Studio. A problem I found though was that you couldn't link your WiiWare account with your DSiware account, so you had to buy separate points, but this won't be a problem for people who don't own a Wii.

I was dissapointed by the internet, as it didn't use a 3G connection or special Nintendo hotspot connection, but an extra cost would probably be added if this was the case. On the other hand, the wi-fi is easy to use if you are connecting to a free hotspot like McDonalds and your wi-fi at home is also simple to log on to, you can get surfing in a couple of minutes.

Overall, this is a brilliant update from the previous DS's, and next up will probaby be a DS with video recording and software for it. But this is perfect for me, being just 11 years old and just wanting to play around with photos and sounds for fun. Well Done Nintendo!
on August 25, 2017
Turned it on, set it up, works great so far. Came with extras so that's a plus.
My son decimated his 3DS, and I wasn't a fan of the 3D part to begin with.
Larger screen, nice shell, no obvious signs of wear and tear.
I'm a happy mom for now.
on January 12, 2011
Nintendo DSi XL - Midnight Blue
I originally purchased this for my son, I tried the built in Brain Age and became hooked so I purchased my own. It is very addictive and gave me a slight headache as I went over the training modules.

In the beginning I was pegged as a brain age of 64 but after 2 weeks of 30 minutes of training every day I am a youthful age 25 in Math and 21 in Arts and Letters.

As our brain starts to deteriorate after age 20, age 20 for brain age is ideal. If you have a DSI or the DSI XL that has Brain Age built in, I would mandate that the child/children put in some training every day.

As you get more daily stamps for returning to train, more programs are unlocked. It is loads of fun and my brain is reversing in age.

FYI- there are parental controls that you can use to turn off wi-fi or set limits on what rating of games can be played in the unit.
on November 15, 2016
I bought a used one of these mainly because the power switch on my Nintendo DS lite was starting to go bad. The picture on this one is much bigger and nicer. I can't comment much on using the internet because it won't work with our router. It can play all of the original DS games and NOT the 3DS ones. The only flaw that I have noticed with this one is when you calibrate the touch screen the upper right corner of the screen doesn't seem to work right. I don't know if this is a defect in the system or what. Overall, it works quite well and it is good enough for what I use it for. I recommend this one for anyone looking to upgrade their Nintendo DS.
on May 9, 2017
This product is functional, read, learn, educational, I recommend it to all people, excellent to be informed without any problem.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
What not to like about a DS. They last for years and there are always new games available. Great for smaller kids who don't have cell phones yet.
on June 5, 2017
Love the Nintendo - keeps my 70 year old mind active.
on August 28, 2017
Works great and love the big screen !
on July 12, 2017
fun to play with even if newer tech is available.
on May 4, 2014
I bought this awhile ago. The DSi XL itself works perfectly and it came in perfect condition. All is well until i wanted to charge the device. The charger wouldn't charge the device at all. So, it is either a problem with the battery or the charger. The customer service was really helpful though. They replied me promptly and gave me contact information of the person i need to contact. Turns out it is a problem with the charger. I couldn't be bothered to get an exchange as the shipping will cost me a lot more than if i go to the local game store and purchase a replacement charger. Once that is done, the device is perfect.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.