Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nintendo DSi XL - Midnight Blue
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Color: Midnight Blue|Change
Price:$189.00 - $299.00

Showing 1-10 of 900 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on December 30, 2010
My kids have a regular DSi and we just upgraded to the DSi XL and we LOVE IT! The bigger screen size really makes a huge difference in how much you can see what's really going on in the screen. It makes it much more enjoyable.
on April 14, 2016
I'm in my 50's and I love the dsi xl! Main reason I purchased it is because of the large screen size. I honestly don't know how younger people keep from straining their eyes out with the regular ds and dsi
on April 10, 2011
I love this thing! My boyfriend wanted to play DS with me, so I got this and gave him my old DS and a gift. If you already have an old GBA and don't care about backwards compatibility, the DSi XL is great. For as big as the screen is, it is really not much bigger overall than the original DS. The original had a 3in screen, the DSi had a 3.25in screen, and this is 4.2in. However, it has the same resolution as the DSi. This almost scared me off, but I'm glad I got it. The large screen means you can hold it further from your face and still read it, which is very comfortable, and the bright and vivid colors totally make up for the low resolution compared to the screen size. Also, the DSi XL screen has a much better viewing angle than even the DSi, which makes it easy to show what you are doing to your friends and to see the screens if you want to play with it set on a table like a laptop. All-in-all, a great system and great purchase.
on June 9, 2015
Well, having gone through alot of trouble trying to get a DSi, I hoped it would be worth it. And it defineately was! The problem I always had with the old versions of the DS was that it was just a games console, nothing else, it jus played games. That's why I spent time trying to find games that were like tools (e.g.the web browser game you could buy). But the DSi has met my expectations.

It's cameras may be low res, but do we expect them to be 10 megapixel super cameras? No, they're just for fun, and that's what some people are finding hard to grasp, the DSi is for enjoyment.

The DSiware was slow to load most of the time, as was the bowser, but it was very useful for good games like Wario snapped or apps lke Flipnote Studio. A problem I found though was that you couldn't link your WiiWare account with your DSiware account, so you had to buy separate points, but this won't be a problem for people who don't own a Wii.

I was dissapointed by the internet, as it didn't use a 3G connection or special Nintendo hotspot connection, but an extra cost would probably be added if this was the case. On the other hand, the wi-fi is easy to use if you are connecting to a free hotspot like McDonalds and your wi-fi at home is also simple to log on to, you can get surfing in a couple of minutes.

Overall, this is a brilliant update from the previous DS's, and next up will probaby be a DS with video recording and software for it. But this is perfect for me, being just 11 years old and just wanting to play around with photos and sounds for fun. Well Done Nintendo!
on November 15, 2016
my nephew really liked this DSI, I got it for him as a birthday party and I can tell you that he loves it and it was fast shipping and wow honestly this thing is really good quality and the material that is made of is really hard and resistant, he had drop it a couple of times and it still not broke
on August 2, 2015
Excellent DSi XL. Loved the color and the dual-screen functionality, which at the time I purchased was a new concept to portable consoles. However, after 5 years of use, this thing is still running strong. Would recommend getting the newer ones at this time since this device is kind of outdated, but loved it while I had it.
on January 16, 2012
I bought this for my daughters for Christmas, and they loved it so much, my in-laws bought them a second so they could play multiplayer. Works perfectly and with the options for wifi internet access (under adult supervision of course), camera, and free downloadable games, it is the perfect gift for tweens to use in their spare time. Highly recommend that you manage your kids play time on it, or they will never put it down, but the larger screen, internet access and general ease of use made it the perfect gift for 8-13 yr olds.
on November 22, 2014
We love the XL. I am too old for that tiny DS screen. We ended up returning this blue one because there was a Black Friday (2013) sale a bit cheaper and I saved a little money getting a black one. But the product is great, and I wouldn't have been able to beat the price except for the Black Friday thing.
on August 31, 2016
Ahh, I love it. Got it today, already checked how it plays and it's wonderful. Of course there was a photo of a random dude and I don't know parental password to reset it but it's fine. Mega awesome.‼️
review image
on November 15, 2016
I bought a used one of these mainly because the power switch on my Nintendo DS lite was starting to go bad. The picture on this one is much bigger and nicer. I can't comment much on using the internet because it won't work with our router. It can play all of the original DS games and NOT the 3DS ones. The only flaw that I have noticed with this one is when you calibrate the touch screen the upper right corner of the screen doesn't seem to work right. I don't know if this is a defect in the system or what. Overall, it works quite well and it is good enough for what I use it for. I recommend this one for anyone looking to upgrade their Nintendo DS.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.