Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 2, 2014
After only 2 months of use, I finally noticed how the area of the cord that connects into the end that goes into the Gameboy Advance SP was loose. It was difficult to fit into the game system to begin with. I figured it was simply because it was cheap, but since it worked, I didn't bother complaining about it. A couple of weeks ago, I was playing while it was being charged, which I used to do as a kid, and it was fine. But while I was playing, it started making crackling sounds without warning, so I immediately thought it was simply getting loose. Unfortunately, it didn't help to try to push it in more; the crackling sounds continued. So, I shut off the system, unplugged it from both the system as well as the wall, and calmed down. A few days ago, I was playing until it ran out of juice. When I plugged it in to charge it, the charging light did not turn on. I waited. Nothing. Unplugged it, plugged it back in. Still nothing. So, I unplugged it and examined the cord. The cord was loose when I wiggled it inwards and outwards, making little crackling sounds inside. I'm not using it again, and the next time I get a charger, it's not going to be made for two game systems. It's past the returnable/refundable date, so there goes that. Never again.
review image
on February 1, 2012
I wanted to play my old Gameboy SP and couldn't find the charger, so I bought this one. I ordered it before I read the reviews (always not a good idea). Almost half of the reviews were saying that this wasn't the charger advertised, so I freaked out and prepared to be pissed if they gave me the wrong thing.
Well I can say that I was part of the lucky half that received the right thing. I got the charger, it works fine. Like new, even. It charges my Gameboy fine and now I can relive my Mario Party childhood again :)
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 21, 2014
Works great on the Nintendo DS that my younger brother gave my son. My son doesn't realize the DS is like 10 years old, but he thinks it's cool. Charger was priced right at under $5 and received it in 2 days with Prime (as always). Which was good, because my son couldn't wait to play his "new" DS. Thanks Amazon!
on September 25, 2015
This works very well but the cord is ridiculously short. Make sure you're near an outlet.

I've heard of incidents where the male portion of the adapter has actually come off the electrical wires that run to the AC plug. I have had this happen once before but I fixed it myself and it may be the result of aged glue. How old are these things, anyway? That might be a question that the vendor doesn't want to answer if indeed it is aged glue that is causing the problems reported here and elsewhere.
on March 10, 2016
I'm more into the idea of charging rather than the act taking place. It brings me such joy to watch my GBA SP sit on my desk with the charger plugged into it and the wall and know there is no electrical current running through it.

This adapter is such a piece of garbage. The quality feels cheap, it came in a bag rather than the advertised box, the plug feels bigger than the charging port, and most of all it does not work.
on July 26, 2017
Easy to use. Works great.
on December 20, 2013
Well, for starters, the feel of this charger is very different. It feels cheap and is extremely light. You may like this or not. The only real problem I encountered was that upon charging my system, the charger would stop charging after a short while, even though my system needed more charge. It also did it on my Gameboy Advance. However, it is a great cheap replacement for those who just need one, for you can play and charge at the same time. Feel free to buy this, but look out for better chargers at a better price. Hope this helped anyone. :)
on October 23, 2017
Exactly what I needed!
on December 6, 2011
I guess you get what you pay for.

While I bought this item for $2.50, the shipping made it equal to a charger I could have bought at a local gaming store and received the same day. I was able to use this charger once until the Gameboy Advanced end of the charger literally slid off from the remainder of the cord as if the internal wiring had never been attached. This won't deter me from shopping on Amazon in the future, but perhaps electronics like this should be best left to a store that has a decent reputation for quality goods and can accept an immediate in-store return or replacement. The internet is a great place for cheap electronics, but unfortunately the price usually isn't the only thing that's cheap about it.

The shipping was affordable and quick just as I'd expect from Amazon. Thanks for the product anyway, folks.
on April 13, 2014
These other reviewers claiming false advertisement have not actually bought and tested this. I bought this for a Gameboy advance SP and have been using it successfully for about a month now.

In fact I get a full battery charge in under an hour.