$ 39 $29.99 Save $4.60 (15%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Experience Nintendo's greatest game worlds in one giant theme park! Nintendo Land is a fun and lively virtual theme park filled with attractions based on popular Nintendo game worlds.
- Each attraction features unique and innovative gameplay experiences made possible by the Wii U GamePad controller.
- Depending on the attraction, players can play solo, compete against other players, or even team up to play cooperatively.
- The experiences change depending on whether players are using the GamePad, a Wii Remote controller, or just watching others play on the TV screen.
- Up to five players can participate in dynamic multiplayer modes in select attractions. Multiplayer modes require additional accessories, which are sold separately.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Nintendo Land is a mini-game compilation specifically for play on Nintendo's Wii U game console (sold separately). The compilation releases concurrently with the Wii U console, and features 12 Nintendo franchise themed games, referred to as "attractions." These are set in an interactive theme park environment, and are designed to highlight the functionality of the new console. Additional features include: multiplayer support up to five players in select mini-games, support of Wii Remotes and Wii Remote Plus controllers, and familiar and expanded Nintendo Mii functionality.
Nintendo's Greatest Game Worlds in One Giant Theme Park
Nintendo Land is a fun and lively virtual theme park filled with attractions based on popular Nintendo game worlds. Each attraction features unique and innovative gameplay experiences made possible by the Wii U GamePad controller. Depending on the attraction, players can choose to play solo, compete against other players, or even team up to play cooperatively. Up to five players can participate in dynamic multiplayer modes in select attractions. The experiences change depending on whether players are using the Wii U GamePad, a Wii Remote controller or just watching others play on the TV screen. However you choose to play, a whole new realm of fun awaits on the Wii U with Nintendo Land.
Key Game Features
- Nintendo Land features fun-filled theme park attractions based on Nintendo's greatest game worlds, including Mario Chase, The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest, Pikmin Adventure and more. There are 12 attractions in all.
- Different activities take advantage of the second screen of the new Wii U Gamepad controller in different ways. For example, simply slide a finger across the touch screen to seamlessly fire ninja stars in the action-based Takamaru's Ninja Castle. In Donkey Kong's Crash Course, tilt the GamePad left and right to safely navigate an elaborate obstacle course.
- Dynamic multiplayer that offers different experiences in the same game. Even in the same attraction, the player using the GamePad will have a completely different experience than players using the TV: In Luigi's Ghost Mansion, the player using the GamePad is able to control a ghost invisible to players using the TV. In Metroid Blast, the player with the GamePad controls an aerial gunship versus the ground-based players using the TV.
- The attractions are easy to pick up and play, but also contains deeper levels of play that are sure to challenge even the most experienced gamers. Metroid Blast, for example, contains a deep mission mode as well as a competitive surface-air combat mode.
- Attractions are grouped into three types:
- Team Attractions like Metroid Blast and The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest that offer depth and challenge for 1 to 5 players.
- Competitive Attractions like Mario Chase and Animal Crossing: Sweet Day where 2 to 5 players compete against each other.
- Solo Attractions like Takamaru's Ninja Castle, Donkey Kong's Crash Course and Balloon Trip Breeze, that offer simple but fun and engaging play for one player.
- Each attraction has multiple fun challenges designed to keep visitors coming back for more. Players will receive stamps upon completing special challenges.
- The game includes Miiverse functionality to maximize customization and fun (broadband Internet access required).
Supports up to 5 players.
Fun Miiverse functionality.
Crisp Wii U HD graphics.
Gamepad touch play options.
Top Customer Reviews
The packaged-in disc for NintendoLand seems to serve the same purpose as Wii Sports did for the original Wii--to demonstrate how to use the features of the new system and show the user how to use the system's hardware and software. While Sports was ultimately very simplistic in graphics and purpose, it ended up being a lot of fun for most Wii users. Despite its relative simplicity, NintendoLand has a very similar feel, and it may be enjoyable for some time to come.
In NintendoLand you are greeted by Monita, a floating screen with a single arm. Monita shows you around the NintendoLand system, and introduces you to the tablet's controls as well as the mini games that are available to you. Mini games include fan favorites such as Metroid, Link, Mario, Yoshi, Pikmin, and several others. Despite the fact that I've already picked up two other games (which I will review later) my wife and I have been playing NintendoLand for several hours. It is a lot of fun. The interaction with the wii plus remote and nun chuck are (not surprisingly) very similar to the predecessor system, so I'm not going to go to deep into those features here.Read more ›
Each of the attractions have their own "achievements" or in-game special challenges. There's five in each game. Many are fun challenges, some are just insignificant fluff that striving for doesn't necessarily add to the fun (good thing fun is what this game has in spades).Read more ›
I WAS 100% wrong! Not only are all the single player mini games a complete blast! BUT the multiplayer is among the BEST fun I've ever had playing a multiplier game with anyone from kids to adults. 5 player multiplayers never been so FUN! Uses great use of the gamepad.
Im honestly pretty amazed by this game.
Great for kids, and expert gamers, as well as multiplayer.
Best party game of 2012 for sure.
There are other fun mini games, like a Mario game in which you play tag, pretty much, with 4 players attempting to catch one Mario player.Some of my friends enjoy this one most.
These were the two main highlights for me out of all the mini games.
Get this game, and you will have a BLAST with your friends.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a great game that really uses the Gamepad and it's fun whether you're playing alone or with friends.Published 4 days ago by Jay Smith
A ton of fun! Great at parties. One of the best wiiu games I've played to date.Published 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
It's a repackage of about a dozen older games for the Wii with a cute amusement park mini-game to tie them all together. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Amazon Customer