Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 796 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 837 reviews
on December 6, 2015
This is Nintendo's standard Nunchuk controller add-on for the Wii Remote. It works for both the Wii and Wii U, even though this version is packaged for the Wii U. It's also Nintendo's standard add-on for the Wii Remote, so it's kinda' a necessary accessory for Wii and Wii U owners. This is the one made by Nintendo, which I believe makes better accessories than third party companies, so if you're looking for a Numchuk, this one (or a similarly-packaged version with a different color) is going to be the way to go.

For those unaware how this works, the Numchuk attaches to the Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus. Not every game supports or requires a Numchuk, but most Wii games do, as do many Wii U games. And you'll want one pairing of Wii Remote and Wii Remote Plus for every person playing, unless someone is playing with another controller or Wii Remote combo.

That's really all there is to it.
on February 27, 2015
I bought this directly from Amazon, and received a sealed new official Nintendo nunchuck. To summarize, I love the product.

A couple months ago I got Mario Galaxy 2 for my Wii U which requires a nunchuck. I didn't know how much I would want to play it so at first I went with a couple of the cheap knockoff nunchucks, which can be found in multi-packs for a fraction of the price of the official product. I could play the game with the generics, however the analog sticks were really terrible, almost impossible to do anything less then "full run", or "stop", and becoming loose over time.

Now, I absolutely love Mario Galaxy 2 decided to be a completionist with it, getting every last star. Getting sick of the sloppy control from the generic nunchuck, I bout the Nintendo official product. Although they look very similar it is like night and day, tight control with the superb analog stick, and instantly improved my game.

To summarize, a generic nunchuck might be ok to explore some otherwise unplayable games with your Wii U (example, some of the levels in Nintendo Land), but the official Nintendo nunchuck is a major improvement and well worth the extra cost if you are planning to put any serious time into a nunchuck-requiring game.
on March 4, 2014
Yes, I purchased two Nunchuk's & two Remotes but for some reason they would work fine for about 1-5 minutes and then die. pulling the nunchuck out reset it but it progressively got worse and worse. eventually I gave up. Later I re-ordered two more nunchucks and now they work perfectly fine.

from the reviews I've read this seems to be a common issue. so don't be surprised if you have to order double the amount or even more! I've only been using the new and the old for about 2 months if these new ones die you will for sure be hearing back from me on an update.
on March 16, 2014
OK this really looks like Nintendo, maybe it is but I doubt it.
I wanted all black to replace some white units that have been used for years.
I used it for some Zelda game play and after some time my plays started failing, I couldn't walk forward, go diag. up/ right. and the joy stick felt sloppy.
So, dig out the old white one, ah sucsess....
Now I like the black color so, hmmm swap the guts from my white and put it in the black housing, Not...
The black one had regular phillips screws, I knew Nintendo uses tamperproof screws like philips but with 3 flutes instead of 4, hmmm.
The black one had very flimsy hardware for the switches. no swap.
I'll go shopping for a real Nintendo product.
on June 20, 2014
After reading some of the reviews here claiming that this is not a genuine product, I did order it anyway and I am glad I did. This contoller had the same exact feeling as my original nunchucks that worked fine for years, and this nunchuck had been working great till now.

I just want to point out that I had problems with my games before in which characters would move by themselves, and that's why I ordered this nunchuck believing that the problem was with my original nunchucks. Well, I was wrong. The problem was still there even with this new nunchuck I ordered, which led me to believe that the problem is with the remote itself. To be clear, the remote worked fine by itself but had issues when the nunchuck is connected to it. I ordered a new genuine remote and all my problems were gone.

so for those who ordered this nunchuck and still have problems with characters moving by themselves, you should try getting a new remote. It seems that the remote can be causing this issue even if it works fine without having the nunchuck connected to it.
on April 21, 2014
Had to return this - it says Nintendo, but when I sent it to Nintendo for repair, they said it was counterfeit.
on February 2, 2014
I read the reviews of this product before purchasing 2 of them for my kid's new WiiU and was apprehensive about whether they would hold up but I couldn't find any better reviewed alternatives so I purchased them. The products worked fine for a couple weeks with moderate use but then would continually stop working with the controller and the Wiimote that is was attached to becoming either frozen and unresponsive, or having the character on the game continue moving in the same direction regardless of which way the joystick was being pushed. Disconnecting the Nuchuck from the Wiimote would fix the problem for a few seconds but it would reoccur. Re-syncing the remotes didn't solve the problem. I purchased another brand of nunchuck controller and it has been working well thus far (although it has been less than 1 month) I finally logged on to return or exchange the remotes today but I missed the return date by 2 days. 60 days is apparantly not the return policy on all products (the product was purchased December 18 and not used until the 26th). I hope that they can address their quality issues. On the plus side the item was shipped quickly and in box as shown on website.
on February 11, 2016
This items cord is coming apart from the base of the hand piece. I bought 2 and they are both coming apart. Barely used, and coming apart. Purchased 3 months ago. Past time that I can return it. Stuck with it.
on April 22, 2017
It pairs up with my Nintendo Wii with ease. I can now use it to play a whole new array of games. The button swirls around with a simple glide. I was leary of purchasing the off brand controllers and i'm glad that I went with a Nintendo brand one.
on June 7, 2017
We purchased 2 of these to replace 2 that are about 3 years old.
The older ones have not been used that much and do not work well.
The apparently have damaged wires.
Just hope these last longer.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.