Industrial Deals Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on August 1, 2016
Relieved counterfeit Chinese product. No Nintendo seal and not an exact match in the button positions. The box did not match the images. Near the top of the box there was Japanese text where it should say "Nintendo " and there was almost no English writing on the box - it all appears to be Japanese. Pulled up label on the back and saw it was a product of China. Because the nunchuck had no official seal and the buttons misplaced (wrong depth) I returned the item unused.
on December 6, 2015
This is Nintendo's standard Nunchuk controller add-on for the Wii Remote. It works for both the Wii and Wii U, even though this version is packaged for the Wii U. It's also Nintendo's standard add-on for the Wii Remote, so it's kinda' a necessary accessory for Wii and Wii U owners. This is the one made by Nintendo, which I believe makes better accessories than third party companies, so if you're looking for a Numchuk, this one (or a similarly-packaged version with a different color) is going to be the way to go.

For those unaware how this works, the Numchuk attaches to the Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus. Not every game supports or requires a Numchuk, but most Wii games do, as do many Wii U games. And you'll want one pairing of Wii Remote and Wii Remote Plus for every person playing, unless someone is playing with another controller or Wii Remote combo.

That's really all there is to it.
on February 27, 2015
I bought this directly from Amazon, and received a sealed new official Nintendo nunchuck. To summarize, I love the product.

A couple months ago I got Mario Galaxy 2 for my Wii U which requires a nunchuck. I didn't know how much I would want to play it so at first I went with a couple of the cheap knockoff nunchucks, which can be found in multi-packs for a fraction of the price of the official product. I could play the game with the generics, however the analog sticks were really terrible, almost impossible to do anything less then "full run", or "stop", and becoming loose over time.

Now, I absolutely love Mario Galaxy 2 decided to be a completionist with it, getting every last star. Getting sick of the sloppy control from the generic nunchuck, I bout the Nintendo official product. Although they look very similar it is like night and day, tight control with the superb analog stick, and instantly improved my game.

To summarize, a generic nunchuck might be ok to explore some otherwise unplayable games with your Wii U (example, some of the levels in Nintendo Land), but the official Nintendo nunchuck is a major improvement and well worth the extra cost if you are planning to put any serious time into a nunchuck-requiring game.
on June 20, 2014
After reading some of the reviews here claiming that this is not a genuine product, I did order it anyway and I am glad I did. This contoller had the same exact feeling as my original nunchucks that worked fine for years, and this nunchuck had been working great till now.

I just want to point out that I had problems with my games before in which characters would move by themselves, and that's why I ordered this nunchuck believing that the problem was with my original nunchucks. Well, I was wrong. The problem was still there even with this new nunchuck I ordered, which led me to believe that the problem is with the remote itself. To be clear, the remote worked fine by itself but had issues when the nunchuck is connected to it. I ordered a new genuine remote and all my problems were gone.

so for those who ordered this nunchuck and still have problems with characters moving by themselves, you should try getting a new remote. It seems that the remote can be causing this issue even if it works fine without having the nunchuck connected to it.
on March 4, 2014
Yes, I purchased two Nunchuk's & two Remotes but for some reason they would work fine for about 1-5 minutes and then die. pulling the nunchuck out reset it but it progressively got worse and worse. eventually I gave up. Later I re-ordered two more nunchucks and now they work perfectly fine.

from the reviews I've read this seems to be a common issue. so don't be surprised if you have to order double the amount or even more! I've only been using the new and the old for about 2 months if these new ones die you will for sure be hearing back from me on an update.
on September 10, 2015
Mainly bought it so I could play The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. For some reason, even though I've had a Wii/Wii U for the longest time, I never bought/played Skyward Sword. I just recently bought Skyward Sword about 2-3 weeks ago along with this nunchuk for the sole purpose of playing Skyward Sword, but I'm just now writing a review for this today. It does it's job, and it does it's job well. All the buttons function fine, aren't sticky or malfunctioning in any way, and have good response times too.

I just don't think this little nunchuk is worth the $20 pricetag Nintendo is putting on it, but it does do it's job, hence my review title and why I still gave it 5 stars in the end.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 26, 2013
This worked well, no problems using it with the Wii or controller. This is the official one so I'd expect no issues.

**EDIT** The above review was after one use and months ago. At the time it was a 5 star rating. I've since adjusted it.

I got this for a Christmas gift, a few months early and tried it out once and put it back in the box until Christmas time. Now that Christmas is here I've used it for a few days with the kids and it's already stopped working. Since I purchased back in September I'm out of warranty though. The Wii Remote doesn't recognize the nunchuck for more than a second or two, other nunchucks work fine for this controller. Tried different combinations of remotes and chucks and the issue is deff this device.

Clearly going with the official brand is not fool proof. Given how quickly this one quit I'll take my chances with a cheap knock off.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 2, 2014
I read the reviews of this product before purchasing 2 of them for my kid's new WiiU and was apprehensive about whether they would hold up but I couldn't find any better reviewed alternatives so I purchased them. The products worked fine for a couple weeks with moderate use but then would continually stop working with the controller and the Wiimote that is was attached to becoming either frozen and unresponsive, or having the character on the game continue moving in the same direction regardless of which way the joystick was being pushed. Disconnecting the Nuchuck from the Wiimote would fix the problem for a few seconds but it would reoccur. Re-syncing the remotes didn't solve the problem. I purchased another brand of nunchuck controller and it has been working well thus far (although it has been less than 1 month) I finally logged on to return or exchange the remotes today but I missed the return date by 2 days. 60 days is apparantly not the return policy on all products (the product was purchased December 18 and not used until the 26th). I hope that they can address their quality issues. On the plus side the item was shipped quickly and in box as shown on website.
on September 25, 2014
I have gotten some really lame rip offs, this one is the real deal though- legit from Nintendo. I typically wouldn't advise against trying to pinch pennies where you can, but if you buy nunchucks- don't do it. If you can get it for cheap, great. But make damn sure you are getting it from Nintendo, as the 3rd party companies usually have shoddy products (madcatz, i'm looking at you) that don't last. Even worse are the backwards engineered and imitation asian produced products.
on April 29, 2014
Had a huge Easter brunch and knew I'd have to entertain the kiddos for a while. I'd bought a knock-off remote and nunchuk that had given out quickly. Bought this original Nintendo Nunchuk and the remote on Amazon. Got it in record time and had kids yell and scream from excitement because they thought they'd have to play with only one for a while. Best part is I didn't have to stand in line, go to the store and worry that they'd not have it in stock (my experience lately) and seriously I saved about $5 bucks because it was cheaper on Amazon!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.