Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 27, 2015
I bought this directly from Amazon, and received a sealed new official Nintendo nunchuck. To summarize, I love the product.

A couple months ago I got Mario Galaxy 2 for my Wii U which requires a nunchuck. I didn't know how much I would want to play it so at first I went with a couple of the cheap knockoff nunchucks, which can be found in multi-packs for a fraction of the price of the official product. I could play the game with the generics, however the analog sticks were really terrible, almost impossible to do anything less then "full run", or "stop", and becoming loose over time.

Now, I absolutely love Mario Galaxy 2 decided to be a completionist with it, getting every last star. Getting sick of the sloppy control from the generic nunchuck, I bout the Nintendo official product. Although they look very similar it is like night and day, tight control with the superb analog stick, and instantly improved my game.

To summarize, a generic nunchuck might be ok to explore some otherwise unplayable games with your Wii U (example, some of the levels in Nintendo Land), but the official Nintendo nunchuck is a major improvement and well worth the extra cost if you are planning to put any serious time into a nunchuck-requiring game.
on June 20, 2014
After reading some of the reviews here claiming that this is not a genuine product, I did order it anyway and I am glad I did. This contoller had the same exact feeling as my original nunchucks that worked fine for years, and this nunchuck had been working great till now.

I just want to point out that I had problems with my games before in which characters would move by themselves, and that's why I ordered this nunchuck believing that the problem was with my original nunchucks. Well, I was wrong. The problem was still there even with this new nunchuck I ordered, which led me to believe that the problem is with the remote itself. To be clear, the remote worked fine by itself but had issues when the nunchuck is connected to it. I ordered a new genuine remote and all my problems were gone.

so for those who ordered this nunchuck and still have problems with characters moving by themselves, you should try getting a new remote. It seems that the remote can be causing this issue even if it works fine without having the nunchuck connected to it.
on February 2, 2014
I read the reviews of this product before purchasing 2 of them for my kid's new WiiU and was apprehensive about whether they would hold up but I couldn't find any better reviewed alternatives so I purchased them. The products worked fine for a couple weeks with moderate use but then would continually stop working with the controller and the Wiimote that is was attached to becoming either frozen and unresponsive, or having the character on the game continue moving in the same direction regardless of which way the joystick was being pushed. Disconnecting the Nuchuck from the Wiimote would fix the problem for a few seconds but it would reoccur. Re-syncing the remotes didn't solve the problem. I purchased another brand of nunchuck controller and it has been working well thus far (although it has been less than 1 month) I finally logged on to return or exchange the remotes today but I missed the return date by 2 days. 60 days is apparantly not the return policy on all products (the product was purchased December 18 and not used until the 26th). I hope that they can address their quality issues. On the plus side the item was shipped quickly and in box as shown on website.
on February 11, 2016
This items cord is coming apart from the base of the hand piece. I bought 2 and they are both coming apart. Barely used, and coming apart. Purchased 3 months ago. Past time that I can return it. Stuck with it.
on April 22, 2017
It pairs up with my Nintendo Wii with ease. I can now use it to play a whole new array of games. The button swirls around with a simple glide. I was leary of purchasing the off brand controllers and i'm glad that I went with a Nintendo brand one.
on June 7, 2017
We purchased 2 of these to replace 2 that are about 3 years old.
The older ones have not been used that much and do not work well.
The apparently have damaged wires.
Just hope these last longer.
on December 7, 2012
With so many fake Wii controllers being sold on Amazon, we were hesitant to buy this one, even though Amazon had it listed as an updated version of the Wii Nunchuck. But, since it was a little cheaper we decided to trust Amazon and give it a shot.

We used it to play Smash Brothers on our Wii for about an hour so far and it's worked fine. It looks like real Nunchucks we've bought in the past, has the same feel, the only difference we've seen so far is that it's a few dollars cheaper and it just came in a box marked Wii U.

I'll update this if we notice any problems, but so far it seems like a good, authentic, controller for Wii.
on June 30, 2013
Before I begin, let me just say that the Nunchuk that I received works fine (so far).

However, bear in mind that the source you receive your Nunchuk from will determine just how "genuine" it is. When I ordered mine, it was through a third-party vendor named "Pegasus Toys&Games" for $16.99. I see that, at the time of this posting, it is a different vendor. I am always concerned about getting genuine Nintendo accessories. In this case, I don't believe that is what I received. I won't go into too many specific details, but here's what I did:

I compared my original Nunchuk that shipped in the box with the console. If it was a true genuine product, everything should appear exactly the same. However, I found subtle to great differences in multiple areas with the controller I received. Take the cord as an example. One, there is a cable marking that identifies the quality/standards of the cable on the Nunchuk that I ordered; the original one is unmarked. Also, where the cable meets the base of the Nunchuk, there is a shorter length of the flexible section than on the original. Other differences, like the texture of the joystick and the pins inside the connector, make it just seem cheaper. Even the little book that comes in the box seems like it is printed on cheaper paper (not glossy like other manuals, but still has the "Nintendo seal" that "proves" its authenticity).

Though it has been working fine so far, I am disappointed that it is not quite the same thing. Yes, you can buy cheaper third-party manufactured controllers, but I was hoping to pay for the real deal. You are better off purchasing this type of thing from a big name retailer or department store (and paying the $19.99 plus tax rather than trying to save a few bucks).
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2014
Had to return this - it says Nintendo, but when I sent it to Nintendo for repair, they said it was counterfeit.
on March 14, 2017
The price is high but from my experience none of the generic controllers are as reliable or last as long as the ones made by Nintendo so I just go direct to them when I need a replacement.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.