Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on February 2, 2014
I read the reviews of this product before purchasing 2 of them for my kid's new WiiU and was apprehensive about whether they would hold up but I couldn't find any better reviewed alternatives so I purchased them. The products worked fine for a couple weeks with moderate use but then would continually stop working with the controller and the Wiimote that is was attached to becoming either frozen and unresponsive, or having the character on the game continue moving in the same direction regardless of which way the joystick was being pushed. Disconnecting the Nuchuck from the Wiimote would fix the problem for a few seconds but it would reoccur. Re-syncing the remotes didn't solve the problem. I purchased another brand of nunchuck controller and it has been working well thus far (although it has been less than 1 month) I finally logged on to return or exchange the remotes today but I missed the return date by 2 days. 60 days is apparantly not the return policy on all products (the product was purchased December 18 and not used until the 26th). I hope that they can address their quality issues. On the plus side the item was shipped quickly and in box as shown on website.
on February 11, 2016
This items cord is coming apart from the base of the hand piece. I bought 2 and they are both coming apart. Barely used, and coming apart. Purchased 3 months ago. Past time that I can return it. Stuck with it.
on April 22, 2017
It pairs up with my Nintendo Wii with ease. I can now use it to play a whole new array of games. The button swirls around with a simple glide. I was leary of purchasing the off brand controllers and i'm glad that I went with a Nintendo brand one.
on June 7, 2017
We purchased 2 of these to replace 2 that are about 3 years old.
The older ones have not been used that much and do not work well.
The apparently have damaged wires.
Just hope these last longer.
on December 7, 2012
With so many fake Wii controllers being sold on Amazon, we were hesitant to buy this one, even though Amazon had it listed as an updated version of the Wii Nunchuck. But, since it was a little cheaper we decided to trust Amazon and give it a shot.

We used it to play Smash Brothers on our Wii for about an hour so far and it's worked fine. It looks like real Nunchucks we've bought in the past, has the same feel, the only difference we've seen so far is that it's a few dollars cheaper and it just came in a box marked Wii U.

I'll update this if we notice any problems, but so far it seems like a good, authentic, controller for Wii.
11 comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 30, 2013
Before I begin, let me just say that the Nunchuk that I received works fine (so far).

However, bear in mind that the source you receive your Nunchuk from will determine just how "genuine" it is. When I ordered mine, it was through a third-party vendor named "Pegasus Toys&Games" for $16.99. I see that, at the time of this posting, it is a different vendor. I am always concerned about getting genuine Nintendo accessories. In this case, I don't believe that is what I received. I won't go into too many specific details, but here's what I did:

I compared my original Nunchuk that shipped in the box with the console. If it was a true genuine product, everything should appear exactly the same. However, I found subtle to great differences in multiple areas with the controller I received. Take the cord as an example. One, there is a cable marking that identifies the quality/standards of the cable on the Nunchuk that I ordered; the original one is unmarked. Also, where the cable meets the base of the Nunchuk, there is a shorter length of the flexible section than on the original. Other differences, like the texture of the joystick and the pins inside the connector, make it just seem cheaper. Even the little book that comes in the box seems like it is printed on cheaper paper (not glossy like other manuals, but still has the "Nintendo seal" that "proves" its authenticity).

Though it has been working fine so far, I am disappointed that it is not quite the same thing. Yes, you can buy cheaper third-party manufactured controllers, but I was hoping to pay for the real deal. You are better off purchasing this type of thing from a big name retailer or department store (and paying the $19.99 plus tax rather than trying to save a few bucks).
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 21, 2014
Had to return this - it says Nintendo, but when I sent it to Nintendo for repair, they said it was counterfeit.
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 14, 2017
The price is high but from my experience none of the generic controllers are as reliable or last as long as the ones made by Nintendo so I just go direct to them when I need a replacement.
on March 7, 2016
Used to play Legend of Zelda Skyward sword and is was pretty temperamental. Didn't want to register movements/gestures all the time. It was pretty frustrating when it didn't work properly. Best results were achieved with regular black remote. Mario and Luigi themed remotes had the worst results with the nunchuck. Don't know if its the game or what, but looking into the problem suggests unofficial remote/nunchuck issue.
on September 10, 2015
Mainly bought it so I could play The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. For some reason, even though I've had a Wii/Wii U for the longest time, I never bought/played Skyward Sword. I just recently bought Skyward Sword about 2-3 weeks ago along with this nunchuk for the sole purpose of playing Skyward Sword, but I'm just now writing a review for this today. It does it's job, and it does it's job well. All the buttons function fine, aren't sticky or malfunctioning in any way, and have good response times too.

I just don't think this little nunchuk is worth the $20 pricetag Nintendo is putting on it, but it does do it's job, hence my review title and why I still gave it 5 stars in the end.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.