About the Product
- More than 27 breeds to choose from, including puppies and kittens
- Each puppy and kitten has unique coloring and personality possibilities
- Breed choice depends on game version. These include French Bulldog, Toy Poodle and Golden Retriever
- Utilize Nintendo 3DS StreetPass and SpotPass functionality to share your experience with friends and other players
- With Nintendo 3DS augmented-reality feature, you can watch your puppy play on your dining room table or sit in the palm of your hand
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever and New Friends is a single player, handheld, Pet Simulation game for Nintendo 3DS.* The latest game to date in the wildly popular Nintendogs franchise Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever and New Friends is one of three versions of Nintendogs + Cats released simultaneously along with the 3DS gameplay system. Features include: care, feeding and training functionality pioneered by the Nintendogs franchise; touchscreen and microphone interaction with pets; 3DS camera-based technology; and augmented reality features utilizing handheld game cards.
The Pups are Back and Have Brought Friends
Nintendogs' puppies are back in the palm of your hand in Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever and New Friends for the Nintendo 3DS system. This new, special game features even cuter and more expressive puppies and, for the first time, kittens. The fun from the original nintendogs game returns, with multiple breeds to choose from, accessories for your puppies and kittens to wear, and the ability to let your puppies and kittens train and compete in different challenges and activities. In addition, Nintendo 3DS functionality expands gameplay in a variety of ways, for example: the built-in player facing camera allows pets to recognize you and react accordingly; StreetPass and SpotPass functionality allows you to share your experience with friends and other players wirelessly; and special augmented reality features utilize playing cards to bring your pets into the real world.
Nintendo 3DS is a groundbreaking hardware release that brings 3D gaming to the handheld market for the first time. The fourth major release in the DS product line, the Nintendo 3DS utilizes 3D Slider functionality and an improved top LCD display to present a glasses-free 3D effect in compatible games, while giving players the option to moderate the effect as they see fit. Taken together with additional features including full analog control in 3D game environments, motion and gyro sensors that transfer the movements of the handheld into the game, 3D camera functionality, an adjustable stylus and full backwards compatibility to all Nintendo DS games and you have not only a must-have system, but a revolution in handheld gaming.
Key Game Features
- More Than 27 Breeds to Choose From
- Each puppy and kitten has unique coloring and personality possibilities.
- Breed choice depends on game version. These include French Bulldog, Toy Poodle and Golden Retriever.
- Puppies and Kittens Come to Life
- Puppies and kittens look fluffier, softer and more expressive than ever in 3D.
- Adorably lifelike puppies and kittens react to your touch and your voice using the built-in camera, touch screen and microphone. The facial-recognition technologies on the Nintendo 3DS even let puppies recognize their owners.
- You can take pictures of your puppies and kittens by simply tapping the camera icon on the screen, which you can save to your album and share with your friends.
- Share Your Experience with Friends and Other Players
- Exchange your Mii characters, puppies and kittens, and presents with other nearby players over a wireless connection (StreetPass).
- Seamlessly hop online and download new game content such as new Mii characters and items such as pet accessories (SpotPass).
- Play with Your Puppies and Kittens in Your World
- With the Nintendo 3DS augmented-reality feature, you can watch your puppy play on your dining room table or sit in the palm of your hand.
- You will be able to walk with your puppy and have your steps counted by the built-in pedometer on the Nintendo 3DS system when you have the game inserted and in sleep mode.
- The Journal feature will keep track of your daily activities in the game. You can view other players you've encountered with StreetPass, view your pedometer data, etc.
More than 27 breeds.
Enjoy cats for the first time.
All-new events & functionality.
Classic pet sim gameplay.
* Nintendo 3DS sold separately.
Top Customer Reviews
The main point of this game is to simply take care of your pet. You feed it, give it water to drink, take it for walks, play with it. You practice for competitions (disc competition, lure coursing, and obedience trial) which get you money to buy supplies for your pets or to buy new pets. There are different shops for different things including pet supplies, accessories, interiors, secondhand, kennel, and pet hotel. There are also shops when you walk your pet. These shops have strange hours. Like the shops, there is also a park and gym (depending where you walk your pet) where you can practice for the competitions. There is also a pedometer function where your pet walks with you. You select pedometer, close your 3DS, put the game system in your pocket, purse, or hand, and walk. For every so many steps you take, your pet collects treats and other various things.
2D vs. 3D. The most noticeable 3D effect is when your pet jumps up and starts licking you.Read more ›
Your Neighborhood: A basic neighborhood street with a BARC Botique shop on it that appears randomly,and signs on the sides leading to other paths. Sometimes the roadsign for SECRET PATH appears here.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I like this game a lot but is is supposed to come with an ar card?! Like I've been researching and it seems like it is. I'm very upset that it doesn't have one. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazing!
My 12 year old son (Autistic) loves the interaction with this game. He laughs and talks to the little animals!Published 5 months ago by Mia P
My oldest daughter was feeling nostalgic. She asked for a DS and this game for Christmas. She is still playing it. (She's almost 20)Published 6 months ago by srigle
My 9 year old loves this game. Exactly as described and worked well.Published 6 months ago by Donna
$14.99 for digital version direct from Nintendo
The price for this game is crazy. Nintendo has an unlimited supply of this game in digital format that you can buy and... Read more