Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on June 21, 2013
I ordered this bike because it got great reviews and I liked the way it looked. When it arrived, I opened the box and was surprised to see hand brake wires. I checked the bike and it was single gear, so why the wires? I called Amazon and the CSR was clueless. First she said I must have ordered the wrong bike, but we verified what I ordered and what the description said. She said I must have gotten the wrong bike and was going to send me a new one. I told her to not send another one if the new one was going to have a hand brake too. While I was on the phone with her, I checked Nirve's website and all their cruisers come with both coaster foot and hand brakes now. I told her this must be what they are doing now and Amazon's description is out of date. I wrestled with sending the bike back because I really don't want a hand brake. Upon looking at it closer, I determined I could just take the brake off, so that is what I did. I was going to wait to take the brake off until I was sure the bike did in fact come with a coaster foot brake and it worked, but there is no way to get the front fender on without taking the hand brake off. The instructions do not mention anything about how to get fender on with a front brake, so I ended up taking it off anyway just to get the fender on. Now there is an extra bolt sticking out on the front fork where the brake was, but it's better than having the hand brake in my opinion. The bike went together pretty easily. I took it for a ride and it was fun, smooth and easy!

I probably would have given it 5 stars had it been received as advertised and the instructions were better. I suggested to Amazon that they change their description, but just in case they didn't, once again...The single speed DOES come with both hand and foot brakes.
on January 17, 2013
My wife said she saw the bike she wanted at target and it was covered with flowers. So I went and only found this one online. Went to amazon for a better price, which I found. She said she wanted a standard single speed beach cruiser, but I knew she would like some speeds on it even if she was just using it for cruising around. Well, the 3 speed hub looks like the latest technology and I was right, she loved having the speeds. The bike is built very sturdy and has strong fender bars. She has trouble when riding because of her carpal tunnel in her wrists and has always complained about her previous bike (road). We went on our first ride and she said she had no pain in her wrists after the ride. Turns out it was not the bike she has seen prior, and was black, but she said she loved it and it has just enough color in the pink decals and rims to make it a classy womens beach cruiser.
on May 17, 2011
Love, love, love this bike!! The bike did take a bit of assembly, but nothing a little time and common sense can't overcome. When I first started putting it together, I noticed a large, dried drip of paint on the front fender. I called Nirve directly and spoke with Mark...he took my info and shipped me a new fender ASAP! There was no long explanation, no hassle or hoops. The bike is well engineered and I am stoked to tool around on it once the weather cooperates.
The price was definitely the best from Amazon. The shipping was quick and the packaging was as pristine as a FedEx delivery can be. I would recommend both the bike and Amazon for the perfect cruiser bike.
on April 19, 2010
Bike is just what I wanted. Stable no nonsense casual cruiser. I have seen these in a local sporting goods store but was able to get it from Amazon for less. The assembly was minimal, even less than product listing states. My only problem with it is that the seat and the handle bar grips are not the same as if purchased direct from Nirve. The picture on Amazon is accurate, I just had not noticed it and was expecting it to be the same as pictured on manufacturers web site. Black Plumeria Island Flower Beach Cruiser on the Nirve site has pink and white flowers on both seats and grips vs Amazon's version is black with cream floral print, as they do have pictured. No big deal, just wasn't observed prior. Overall, very happy with bike!
on June 6, 2010
I also had seen this bike at the local bike shops and wanted one for a few years, prior I bought a schwin beach cruiser it was nice but not like this bike. It is everything I expected it to be and it's beautiful!! I just love it. I recieved the bike very quickly and it was easy to put together and the 3 speed is great. I liked my schwin but it was a single speed the gears make all the difference.I got this bike even cheaper than Target has it listed for they charge over $80 for shipping...Nirve Island Flower 3 Women's Cruiser Bike (26-Inch Wheels)
on December 11, 2010
This bike arrived in a timely manner, well packaged and in perfect condition. It took about 15 minutes to remove all the padding and about 45 minutes to assemble. Basically, it comes about 85% pre-assembled. It also comes with a small vial of touch-up paint. It is absolutely gorgeous and I love it. Biking is my new passion. It was easy to register online. I had to call customer support regarding terminology, and the customer service tech was courteous and helpful.

(08-10-2011) The weather had been cooperating, so I was riding fairly consistently since January. The bike started making a progressively louder clanging and screeching noise until I was embarrassed to take it out. After finally convincing my son, who knows more about bikes than I do, to take it for a ride, he said, "There's something wrong with the pedal crank and I don't know how you even ride." Since there are no Nirve dealerships in Florida, I took it to the local bike shop. After they diagnosed the problem, I emailed then called Nirve customer service. To make a long story short, Mark handled my problem. Mark was great! Now my bike is in perfect riding condition...and now I'm sad because Florida has officially entered the rainy season and that is impacting on my riding.
on February 15, 2012
what you see is what you get---a little bit of assembly--nothing following the directions can't fix--i did have to replace 2 srews since the heads were broken--i love it--my big ole booty is actually comfy on this seat!!! perfect for cruising
on June 5, 2011
My wife really likes the bike. There is one minor issue. When leaning on it's kickstand, the bike is standing nearly straight up and down. Even the slightest bump, causes the bike to fall over. The stand is welded to the frame, and as such has no adjustment.
on August 7, 2013
Great Nirve Island Flower 3 Women's 3-Speed Cruiser Bike (Black Plumeria) . Saw a picture of this and it looked better.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question