Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on February 22, 2016
It's important to make clear that this is a "toy camera" and as such the built-quality is very poor, meaning that is just cheap plastic. The camera is fun but you will find yourself with a love/hate relationship as you can't be sure what the final results will be as sometimes the frames will be shoot on-top of another or that you will need more than a fair amount of light to get a good result but even with all the several defects you will have fun using it once in a while.
on February 7, 2013
EDIT: After owning this camera for about a year, I decided to kick it up to 3 stars instead of two. While I still stand by my original review (unedited, below), I feel that shooting with this camera at least provides some entertainment. The results are not particularly moving, but they are unique. Also, the original review was written prior to coupling this camera with a flash on the hot shoe, which has also influenced me to change my rating. This camera is unique - for several good reasons and a number of lousy ones - but again at this price, it's cheap enough to splurge on for nothing more than curiosity's sake. It's grown on me, despite its shortcomings.

One last item for the edit: this camera does feature a frame counter - not a given in the toy camera market, but definitely necessary for a camera that shoots double-wide.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

When I bought this camera, I made the decision based on two factors: first, the diminutive price, and second, the fact that it used plastic lenses. I was hoping to have a camera which achieved a good lomo effect without dropping a lot of money (I believe most toy cameras to be highly overpriced). The results I got from this camera were lackluster and not particularly outstanding in any way.

This camera is a behemoth, covered in chintzy false-features (like the fake LCD and its non-existent pentaprism), but the camera itself feels fairly solid. The drive on this camera is a thumb crank, and all the batteries do is control a light sensor which flashes red if your lighting is too poor. Also, the battery lights an LED on the front of the camera to indicate that the battery is working, which I feel is dangerously close to useless.

That said, after shooting a roll of film with this camera, the results I got were not attractive. I was expecting vignetting and soft focus but got neither. The pictures had no character. There was nothing remarkable about them, other than the film grain.

I have decided to perform some modifications on this camera to help make it at least somewhat more useful, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's not much fun to shoot with, and it's even less fun to carry around.
on October 6, 2016
Love this camera, the gif maker before the birth of gifs. A great gift for any photographer or artist. Arrived in amazing condition in original packaging. Highly Recommend.
on January 18, 2013
I've used it for 2 rolls of film, it works great. Very basic, not for serious work but great for having fun, more than what I expected for the price.
on June 2, 2016
Brand new in box, excellent mint condition, the shutter not working is actually a common problem with this model, great for my Camera Collection, thanks!
on March 8, 2014
First off, this camera was a Nimslo listed alongside Nishikas, so my review may not be accurate depending on what you are purchasing. The Nimslo is a slightly nicer version of the Nishika. The camera is in fabulous condition and works perfectly - I've already made several GIFs using the images. Very pleased, definitely recommend.
on January 5, 2017
my son absolutely loved this
on November 17, 2016
Divertido!
on September 18, 2016
It okay
on January 22, 2014
This is a fun camera to add to a camera-lovers collection. It is almost completely plastic, but the packaging and inserts are all vintage and amazing! Great novelty piece for the price.