Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nite Ize Rugged Optics Case
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.43 (14%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HARD GLASSES CASE FOR DAY-TO-DAY OR TRAVEL - Keep your prescription glasses, drugstore readers, safety glasses or sunglasses safe, protected, and easily accessible in this weather-resistant glasses holster
- SMART AND DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - With a cushioning foam interior, a rugged hardshell exterior, and zippered top closure, this hard glasses case gives you essential protection from crushing, dropping, or scratching fragile eyewear
- KEEP TRACK OF YOUR GLASSES WITH RUGGED CLIP AND CONVENIENT LOOP - The rugged glasses holster features a durable clip that attaches securely to packs or belts. The integrated carabiner loop allows you to clip anywhere so you always know where they are
- FITS GLASSES OF MOST SHAPES + SIZES - Nite Ize Rugged Glasses Case is sized to protect your optical wear of most shapes and sizes. Internal case dimensions: 6.90” x 3.00” x 1.90”
- INCLUDED MICROFIBER LENS CLOTH - Includes a sewn-in microfiber, non-scratch lens cleaning cloth. Wipe away dust, dirt or grime on-the-go, without worrying about losing the handy, full-size cloth
- WORRY-FREE GUARANTEE - all Nite Ize products are backed by our Worry-Free Guarantee™
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The rugged clip attaches to belts or straps up to 2" wide and a durable carabiner loop allows case to be clipped anywhere.
Crush and Scratch Protection
With a hard shell exterior and insulating foam interior, this case provides ultimate crush and scratch protection while keeping your glasses conveniently accessible.
Clean and Safe
Includes sewn-in 12" micro-fiber cleaning cloth to keep your glasses free from grime.
The Rugged Hard Shell Optics Case - keep your glasses safe, protected, and easily accessible.
If you wear glasses of any kind--prescription, drugstore readers, safety, or sun, you want to protect your fragile and expensive glasses from drops and scratches. Also, chances are that every now and then, you lose track of where you put them. We designed our Rugged Hard Shell Optics Case to solve both of these problems. This protective case features a molded deviated foam construction, with a rugged hard-shell exterior, that provide crush protection for your glasses.
Available in two sizes (Medium, to fit regular-sized eyeglasses and sunglasses, and Large, for safety glasses and wider-framed sunglasses), this zip top-loading case is made with a durable, weather-resistant hard shell exterior that keeps glasses safe and sound. A sewn-in microfiber cleaning cloth is always at hand to keep your lenses clean, and the durable clip attaches securely to belts or straps up to 2" wide. This means when you put your glasses in it, they are protected and ready when you need them. Problem solved.
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This item worked fine for a while until the seam which holds the two halves together came apart abruptly. By abruptly I mean the glasses fell out! The "seam" holding the halves together is actually a zipper except there is no tab to zip or unzip. So, when the teeth disengage there is no way to zip it closed.
Really? Haven't the manufacturers heard of stitching?
Horrible design flaw.
Here are my complaints. Since June of 2013, I am now on my third case. The first one lasted 1.5 yrs, then the belt clip simply popped off. The glue and screw that hold it on just gave up. I put a new one into use in December of 2015. It is now April 2016 and the zipper just came apart at the cloth seam.
Also, the belt clip doesn't hang on well. If you aren't careful, you will pop the case off your belt and lose it. Since it's rubberized, it doesn't make much noise hitting the ground I solved this problem with a carabiner that clips around my belt, and around the loop on the top rear of this case. (Talk about nerdy looking! It's OK for me because I'm a computer consultant.) This setup saves me from losing this case 2 or 3 times a week.
For a ruggedized case, this case has some very weak spots. The problems aren't insurmountable, and the product remains the best one for my usage, but it's a pity this company doesn't step up its game slightly.
This is a 90% product.
My favorite feature? The top/vertical opening. So much more convenient for me than more standard eyeglass cases. The built-in microfiber cleaning cloth is nice too - long enough to actually add protection, and since it's attached, it won't go flying when you remove your glasses. I'm really impressed with the design and configuration of this case.
If you truly need something ruggedized - public safey, construction work, rigorous hiking or other recreation - this isn't the item for you. But for routine use, it is much better than any standard glasses case I've seen, and for anyone who needs to store a little extra something, the large size is just large enough.
1) they used to make small, medium and large sizes, and have discontinued the smalls and mediums apparently. that was disappointing.
2) the clips just aren't rugged/sturdy enough. the first one i owned, (a medium sized one) the glue holding the clip to case came free, leaving just one bolt connecting it thereafter and free to spin on that single bolt. the 2nd one i owned (after large ones only were avail) the plastic clip snapped right off, and without any absurd or unrealistic test of it's strength; just normal wear and tear.
....i really wish they would make them in all 3 sizes again.
I wish they would use heavier plastic clips like those on the little tool pockets for maglites and multitools.
Or I wish they would make an actual sewed/bolted down loop you can run your belt through it with.