- File Size: 794 KB
- Print Length: 408 pages
- Publisher: Cinimod Press (January 10, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 10, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00HQ8WM8M
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,506,977 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $8.00 (53%)
Nits Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The story is a masterful depiction of not just DC society but of probably most suburban societies in America. The motivating forces behind the characters are all very believable. I feel as if I know some of the people I read on the pages, even though I've never lived in DC. The choice of using a critter that is equally despised and feared by all to expose the weaknesses of her characters was perfect. As the lice spreads throughout all levels of society, we see how the flaws the characters have become greater and more difficult for them to hide and deal with properly.
So why only four stars and not five? Two reasons, and they are probably very personal and only applicable to me. One: the book was missing a few pieces to the plot arc that at the end, left me a little unsatisfied by the story structure. For example, there was no true climax to the story. Two: none of the characters were very likable. I like to be able to root for at least one character and hope for him or her to attain whatever goal that person is going for. Frankly, I didn't want any of them to find happiness. I was missing a hero in the story.
However, I was so blown away by Harris' writing that had to keep turning the pages. She is just a joy to read.
And one unexpected benefit -- should I or anyone I know contract head lice I will know exactly what to do! But I will have to sub red wine for the white Zinfandel.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Satire
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Satire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Satire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Satire