Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nixon The Mellor Watch in Matte Black and Saddle,Watches for Men
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on September 5, 2012
I bought this watch in May and two things have already broken. I dropped the watch from about one foot off the ground and the little tick on the face that marks 6 O'clock broke off and now is just floating around inside the watch. The second is the strap. The strap was made with two pieces of leather that were apparently glued together. After wearing the watch for only three times the two pieces of leather started to separate and after wearing the watch for only three months the two pieces of leather were nearly completely separated and the strap came off right where is meets the watch.

I really liked the clean, simple, modern styling of the watch but with quality this bad I could never recommend this watch to anyone. I checked on the Nixon site for warranty information and they do not cover straps under warranty so I could not even get it fixed.
on February 22, 2014
I bought this for my husband for his birthday six months ago. The strap is thin in a great way… super-slim profile and thus is perfect for my husband's skinny wrists. I fell in love with it because it's so attractive, so I ignored the reviews that cited quality problems. Now I'm kicking myself. My husband cycles to work and that's about the only "rigorous" activity this gets put through. Twice now, it has fallen off his wrist on the 10-minute bike ride. The first time it was a pin problem and the second time it was a buckle problem. I still think this is the most chic watch available but really, TWO breaks in six months? Nixon has been very good about sending us replacement parts, but I really don't think cycling 10 minutes on downtown streets justifies two broken parts.
on July 30, 2015
Pro: Styling
Con: Quality/Durability--Band Breaks Easily

I had this watch for 6 months. The styling was lightweight and understated sleek. It could be worn causally or formally. One issue with the styling is that the glass cover sits above the casing causing easy dinging/scuffing of the face.

The major issue: the band is attached to the face with a low quality pin. The pin failed twice in 6 months causing the watch to fall from my wrist -- first fall caused damage to the face which was glaring given the minimalist look; the second time I lost the watch. Only worn for a desk job and going out, never during even moderate levels of physical activity. I also own the Nixon Profession which has lasted me 5+ years, so I was very surprised with the low quality. I will be looking elsewhere to replace my leather band watch.
on December 5, 2012
I chose this watch for my boyfriend and gave it to him as a graduation gift 2 years ago. He absolutely loved it then and still loves it now. The blue and small detail of red make it unique. The leather band is a beautiful dark brown, although it is thin; I find that to be a good quality. Usually thick bands make your wrist sweaty. He's taken good care of it and over the years the creases on the leather band have added a vintage look. He's gotten many compliments and it I like that it matches most outfits, dressed or casual. I'll admit that I wore it once myself and I wanted it! Boyfriend watches are in, and this one is my ultimate favorite. He's nice enough to share it, but if not; I would have gotten my own.
on April 18, 2013
The watch looks good and I like the thin band that it comes with. But the pins that hold the band to the watch face are a joke. The first day I put this watch on I slid my hand through a backpack strap and the watch popped off from the band. It seems like it's a huge product flaw.
on June 10, 2014
i bought this for xmas for my husband..... he is 6'2" and it seemed wayy to small and girly on his wrist. we both loved the simplicity of the design but he prefers a slightly bigger face and slightly thicker band
on April 24, 2015
Love this watch! I bought it for my 13 year old son who also loved the picture but he thinks the band is to small ( girly) so it's mine now and I love it
on February 23, 2013
Son asked for this watch specifically. He was very happy. Band did break within a year but that is an easy fix..
on February 3, 2015
Beautiful, simple elegance. Has been looking very long for this colour and design.
on July 7, 2015
My husband loves this watch! It looks even better in person!