Customer Reviews: Nixon Men's A1051388 Sentry Leather Watch
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 New Professional Skin Care Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fall24 fall24 fall24  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon Fit for Fall Save on select BOB strollers, Car Seats & Accessories

Color: Gunmetal/Brown|Change
Price:$118.95 - $150.00

TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 27, 2014
I wanted a chunkier modern watch I could wear to work without looking like I was gonna bludgeon someone with my wrist clock. This fits the bill. It is simple and understated while being edgy professional and substantial. I have only had it for a few months now but have not had any issues with the band as noted by a few other reviews. My only negative comment has to do with the day and date display. It is red on black which is pretty cool but very hard to see. I will update my experiences. Overall I am absolutely happy with the watch.

Update:5/13/14 Well I have had the watch for about 6 months now and the band while showing signs of wear and tear is not deteriorating like I had feared and others had posted. I wear my watch to work and take it off in the evenings. I suppose if you wore it all the time, to the gym, when cleaning car, etc... it may break down quicker. Still pleased.
review image
on October 19, 2014
I can tell so much time with this thing.
on September 11, 2015
I fell in love with the photo on Amazon and ordered this watch (natural/tan band with black face and blue seconds hand), but discovered the watch looks quite different in person than the impression given by the photo on the listing. Some people will love this watch in person, but after going back and forth about it, I eventually sent it back, I just couldn't bring myself to love it enough to keep it. It just doesn't look like a $150 watch in person, it's stylish but looks and feels a bit cheap. If it were $20, I would have kept it. At $50, I may have still felt torn.

The light brown leather strap is not the same as the color shown, it's a weird slightly pinkish beige color, it's not tan as shown in the photo. There's a sticker on the back of the watch saying the strap will darken over time. If I had kept the watch, I probably would have lightly buffed the strap with some tan or brown leather polish to darken it, it just isn't a great color. The sides of the strap are unfinished / unbonded leather, and they look like they would fray and splay apart over time.

The watch face is bigger than I expected, but I do like big watches. However, the watch itself is thicker than I expected, which I think makes the watch look chunky, and ruins the aesthetic of a preppy but classy look -- the photo makes the watch look about 3/4 of the true thickness. The metal casing looks "freshly milled" as opposed to the polished look on Diesel watches in this price range. The metal case protrudes about half a millimeter above the glass, protecting the glass surface somewhat if you hit the watch against a flat wall, which is a good design feature, but the edges and corners of the metal just don't feel smooth enough or round enough to give the watch a quality feel.

The glass is just a perfectly flat piece of glass, with a tiny bevel right at the edge where it meets the metal. I don't know how to explain this, but it looks like the sort of cheap flat glass you see in fake eyeglasses in movies, that occasionally reflect a stage light directly back into the camera. Somehow something about the lack of any curvature makes the glass look cheap.

The colored stitching and colored adjustment dial, matching the seconds hand and the background of the watch face, are a great feature, but the features could stand to be a little bit more prominent -- they are dominated by the thickness of the watch, unfortunately, so the flair of these features doesn't pop sufficiently
on March 5, 2013
Would buy it again! Get many compliments on it.

Things I like:

The hour marks on the face are raised. Just looks cooler. Very classic.
Weight is good too, it's a bigger watch, but doesn't weigh that much

Things I don't like:

The hour and minute hands glow, but not very well. Not anything that should sway your decision, but somewhat disappointing.

Good brand, good price. Currently the watch is at Nordstoms and it is roughly 30% less on Amazon. Had the watch for 2 months and no complains. Cosmetically it looks like it just came out of the box. Good classic looking watch. I have 5 other watches and this is my go to when I dress casually. I would reccommend you to buy it!! You won't regret it
on June 5, 2013
I love the classic 60's style of this simple watch. The leather is a bit darker than what it shows in the picture, which is what I was hoping for. The hands & hour markers glow in the dark. The date adjustment has the days of the week in English & Spanish, which is a nice touch... I'll definately have to switch it to Spanish next time I'm in Mexico on the beach.
on April 18, 2016
First leather band watch I've ever purchased. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I've recorded several compliments on it. I'm assuming the large face makes it stand out which I like. If I had to find anything negative, it would be that the band is a little short. I have mine secured on the fourth hole which is fine for me but if you have above average size wrists you may find this to be a problem.
review image
on March 30, 2016
This watch is AMAZING!!! I have the hardest time shopping for my boyfriend, and I finally decided to try to buy him a watch. I bought the Nixon Sentry in two colors because I wasn't really sure if I would like them in person, and I ended up loving both of them! I ended up giving him the gunmetal/navy band for Christmas, and he loved it! The band color is more of a steel blue gray, I wouldn't really call it a true navy. I was actually hoping that would be the case when I ordered it, so I was super excited to see that it looked like I hoped it would! (I think it looks a lot like the picture provided). I also ordered the same watch in natural/black with the blue accents, and I'm saving it for a future occasion. I couldn't bring myself to return it because it is such a gorgeous watch, so I'm keeping it until I find a reason to give it as a gift! Both of these watches are outstanding quality (as you would expect from Nixon), and I absolutely love them both. My boyfriend has worn his watch every day since I gave it to him 3 moths ago, and it still looks amazing. I am SO happy with these watches!!
on May 22, 2016
I've been using this watch now for about two weeks and love it. Feels great and looks great. In reading some reviews pertaining to this watch however I am little concerned about the day/ date to stop working but so far so good. My only complaint is that this watch has two loops to hold the watch strap in place but the 2nd loop seems unnecessary and i've contemplated cutting it off. Because the loop thingy is mobile, i find myself constantly placing the strap back in the loop and its not always easy. But other than this minor complaint its a good watch.
on May 30, 2013
I love this watch. I've wanted a Nixon watch for some time but had always thought they were too expensive. I found this one on sale (~$90, marked down from $125) and I'm so glad I did. It's a very nice-looking watch, is solidly built, and I expect to get years of use from it.
on November 20, 2015
Looks amazing. Bought for a birthday gift for my boyfriend and he loves it! It came in the beautiful Nixon box, and with layers of protective wrap around the watch and more around the face. Seriously amazing!