Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on May 31, 2017
Out of nowhere, I started having serious flaking 1-2 days after washing and conditioning my hair. This has been going on for about 3-4 months. VERY EMBARASSING AND DISGUSTING!!! I did some research and figured its a fungus issue so I went a head and tried this Nizoral product. Nizoral cleared up most of the dandruff/fungus in only 2 months. I washed my hair every 3-4 days and by week 3-4, I'm about 50% flake free... by 2 months I'm 99% flake free. See photos! My only regret is that I did not start using it sooner. It smells like the Blue Magic grease and it is very drying, as it should be, so be sure to follow up with conditioner after you wash.

**this is not a paid/sponsered review - the proof is in the photos**
1st photo is prior to using Nizoral 3.22.17
2nd photo is after 1st wash 3.22.17
3rd photo is 1 month later 4.16.17
4th photo is 2 months later 5.21.17
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 5, 2015
Holy crap. It works. I'm writing a review to give back to to the eczema community which has helped me find this product.

Background: In summer 2014, I went on vacation to Seattle. While there, I started getting dry spots on my face. Though Seattle is a rainy city, the air, when not raining, is very, very dry, so I attributed the cause of my skin problems to that. Unfortunately, my skin problems followed me home. I had these strange, rough patches on my cheeks and chin that refused to be moisturized. I had never had anything like this on my face before. Nothing helped. I still believed at that point that it was related to weather. I just kept slathering on oils and lotions.

Then I started getting bumps on my hairline. And then my jawline. And then they got worse. I thought they were pimples and I didn't understand what was causing them-- I have always used oil to moisturize without a problem. I had no idea what to do since my skin was both dry and pimply. I didn't know what was going on-- my eczema flare-ups had stopped long ago and I never had an acne problem.

Now, 2015, a few months ago, my jawline bumps were getting out of control. Like I said, I thought they were pimples, so I put acne medication on them, which made them much, much worse-- they went from being mildly weird to causing huge scars. I started getting terrible scabs on my scalp from night time itching.

And a few weeks ago, I noticed that I had a serious dandruff problem. At first, I thought it was not a big deal since I have dark hair, and skin sheds-- I thought it was normal. But every movement would send flakes flying and brushing my hair was like being transported to Fargo. I would find flakes and scabs on my shoulders. It was scary and it was painful-- I didn't know what was wrong with me. At this point, I had no idea that my dandruff problem and my skin bumps were related at all.

Finally, I decided to do something about my dandruff problem (I didn't decide to do anything about my skin bump/dryness problem because I had already resolved to this being my new skin "type"). I did a bunch of research and got Nizoral. I started doing more reading and to my surprise I found out that my dandruff and other skin conditions were very likely related, both part of an issue called seborrheic dermatitis. Dandruff? Check. Jawline, hairline bumps? Check. No wonder the acne medication wasn't working... it wasn't acne.

Okay, getting over the disgusting fact that I had facial fungus, when I got in the shower, I took a scalp brush and applied Nizoral. It was really easy to ply into the hair unlike some other shampoos. After I rinsed my hair, I used a tiny bit of Nizoral on my face, to see what would happen. I hypothesized that because the skin issues had the same cause, that the treatment would be effective for both.

It worked. Holy crap. I can't believe it. After one application. I thought I'd have to wait for two applications after reading the reviews, but no. I usually start seeing large flakes in my hair a couple of hours after I shower. I haven't washed my hair in 3 days. My hair is not oily at all. I have seen 3 tiny flakes on my head. My head is not itchy at all. The bumps on my face have shrunk like crazy. I cannot believe it. I'm really happy. I'm so happy to start seeing my old skin again. This has really improved the quality of my life.
33 comments| 327 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 20, 2017
This stuff is absolutely amazing. I was one step away from going to the dermatologist. I had severe dandruff that was so bad I could shake my head and it would come off. With just a few uses per week, I got rid of all of my flakes. My scalp also stopped burning from dryness. My hair has never been healthier. (I bought this product using my own money. I was not paid or given anything free for this review. This is important to me when reading reviews so I thought I would mention it.)
0Comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 31, 2016
I'm SO excited. I have chronically suffered from scalp dermatitis and have PCOS, so the combination has cause my hair to thin dramatically over the past few years. I bought this shampoo as a last resort after trying Head and Shoulders, charcoal shampoos, biotin shampoos and scalp clarifying solutions. My scalp was noticeably clearer after 2 uses so I kept using it about 2-3 times a week. After almost a month I realized I have new hair growth all over my scalp! In the photo the little black spots are tiny hairs coming in.
review image
22 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 29, 2016
This dandruff shampoo is the only thing that works for me. Finally, I stopped itching.
Do not forget that self-medication is not always a good idea because of dandruff and scalp irritation had hidden a lot of problems - psoriasis, eczema or dermatitis. It is necessary to say that to start is to make a visit to the doctor.
It is worth noting that this medical shampoo had prescribed when I had my son's breastfeeding. The doctor said that the shampoo components are not absorbed, so it is safe to use during pregnancy and lactation.
After fourth use, I found that hair stopped falling out. Also, my hair has never looked better. It has become thicker and shiny.
Another advantage of for me is the hair after washing for a long time do not get dirty. Even the hairstyle keeps longer.

[...]
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 2, 2017
I used this product a few years ago after my hair began falling out. One day I went to get my hair done for an event and my hair stylist commented on how thin my hair has become. I told her my distress over it and that I’m not sure what the problem is and how to stop it. She noticed I had dandruff and said my dry flaky scalp may be part of the problem. For healthy hair you need a healthy scalp. I first tried head and shoulders and it did not work so I bought this shampoo. Used it 2 times a week for about a month and my scalp cleared up in no time and my hair had stopped falling out. I now use it only when I notice my hair is falling out and I see flakes, which is about every other month. The shampoo is great, however the smell...not so much.
on December 10, 2017
I've used this twice a week for a few weeks now and I've seen an incredible difference. My dandruff is all but gone and I don't have the scaling at my hairline like I used to. I'm so glad I found it and I definitely wish I had found it sooner.

Mind you, I have a routine and it might be the whole thing that has made the biggest difference. I use Clear shampoo first if my hair is oily, then I use the Nizoral and leave it in for a few minutes while I wash my face. Then I use a Clear conditioner. After the shower, I use argan oil to make the frizzies go away, so it could be all of it together. But I had this same routine minus the Nizoral before and it didn't work, so I'm giving credit where credit is due.
on November 17, 2017
This has made a huge difference in my hair. I didn't necessarily have dandruff, but with hormone changes I'd been having trouble with a very greasy, itchy scalp, even getting sores from scratching. I've had quite a bit of hair loss too. I used this for three days straight, and by the third day the itching had stopped and my scalp had healed. I've been using it every three or four days since then.

Using this for three days straight did leave a build-up in my hair, but it hasn't been a problem since alternating with a purifying shampoo. My scalp and face seems less oily after using this too.
on December 6, 2017
I had what I thought was dry skin around my nose upper lip and around the middle of my eyebrows. After trying coconut oil, and aloe, it was still there! A couple months later my sister (RN) informed me that she had the same problem and used Nizoral. The areas reduced their color and protrusion after 1 treatment (15 minutes, then wash off), and completely gone after 2nd treatment. I mean completely gone, and hasn't returned since then, which was a couple of weeks ago. Highly recommended if you have seborrhic dermatitis, or dandruff👍
on September 28, 2017
I've been using this in addition to lipogaine for my thinning hairline. After about 2 weeks I began to see gradual results. Now after about a month, the results are greater. I no longer have to wear hats to cover my embarrassing hairline.