Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Discover it  Idina Menzel Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Wedding Store Tailgate-Garden Amazon Football TV Wall Mounting shameless7 shameless7 shameless7  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition ErrollGarner Shop Now

No Blu-Ray Ultimate Special Edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 4, 2008 6:47:59 PM PDT
Zero says:
That's great there is an Ultimate Special Edition, but it's only for standard DVD.

With over $100 dollars, would be nice to have one on Blu-Ray as well. Unless I'm jumping the gun here and it just hasn't been listed.

But i cannot find any information at this time about an Ultimate Special Edition Blu-Ray version.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2008 7:42:45 PM PDT
Kami Amaya says:
I was wondering the same thing, no Blu-ray Ultimate set?
You think they would want to promote the film being on a new format with a collectors set like this one. I've already bought this once on DVD but it seems like I'll have to buy it again if I want the Jack bust. :( AND I've already got the Blu-ray pre-ordered... *sigh* I love this movie, but buying it 3 times... I don't know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2008 1:09:03 PM PDT
taleeya says:
It'd also be nice if there was the 3D version as well, I'd like that better than the whole "disney digital copy" thing

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2008 8:26:58 AM PDT
Spaced says:
It's true that they aren't making blu-ray version of this, but the actual discs of the ultimate edition don't have any additional content over the blu-ray edition. You're only paying more for the physical items (the bust of jack, booklet, etc). So if you really wanted everything you could actually buy both the ultimate edition and the blu-ray version, and then just ebay the DVD discs that came with the ultimate set. It's not an ideal solution for sure, but it's an option.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2008 1:09:14 AM PDT
Kami Amaya says:
Well now amazon has removed the Ultimate Special Edition! what the heck amazon! >:(

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 2:54:17 PM PDT
Lee says:
Yeah, I do not understand. What was really happened?!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2008 12:48:54 PM PDT
Nickels says:
You aren't the only one waiting patiently for a true 3D version. I'll run out and spend $150 on shutter glasses if they ever release this in 3D. Still waiting....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2008 6:34:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 26, 2008 6:37:05 PM PDT
I think I read about how shutter glasses don't work on digital TVs (HDTVs). I've never used them, but, from what I understand, they keep the colors true & real, right? ...not like anaglyph glasses. That sucks. I really hope they develop a good way to view 3-D at home on HDTVs, without distorted colors or headaches.

Still, a 3-D version of this movie would be great. I wanted to see it the past couple of years when it was 3-D in theaters, but I was away at college & there was no near-by theater showing it. I'm back home now, so I'm hoping it'll come back this year & I'll be able to catch it somewhere close, but we'll see. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2008 4:19:17 PM PDT
You have to see it in 3D, it gives you a whole new visual understanding of the film. The visual depth is fantastic, it's like watching an entirely different movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2009 3:27:34 AM PST
C. Stoltz says:
3D would be nice, but even if there were the right glasses available, the experience at home would be nothing like 3D in a theater. 3D requires more of a peripheral experience to work properly, which requires a huge screen. Watching 3D on even a 60" screen actually makes the movie feel 'smaller' than watching it in 2D because the 3D experience is confined to the size of the TV.

Try a red/blue movie like Spy Kids 3D to understand. I guess if you kneeled directly in front of your 60" screen, it could work - but from the couch, 3D would be a pretty unfulfilling experience.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 4, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 1, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about