Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on March 15, 2017
This purchase was accidental. I was searching for 1976's Disney comedy & family DVD, with identical title, (word for word). This disc was filmed & made almost 40 years later. MPAA (Motion Pictures​ Acting Association) rating, is R! (restricted!) If "x-rating" had not been replaced by rating term, "16+", approximately 1978.
on September 9, 2013
The plot involves two siblings (Kim Richards and Brad Savage) no one wants to get stuck with during Easter vacation. I found that odd and not a little sad. A halfhearted case is made that they are somehow rotten to the core: absolute holy terrors, the bad seed. Their grandfather (David Niven) is willing to do anything to be rid of them and cites numerous reasons why. And that's the main problem with this film it's all hearsay. The children aren't unruly, they aren't nasty, they aren't Dennis the Menace. They just want to spend some time with their mother (Barbara Feldon) and are crushed to learn they can't. Instead, they're palmed off on their stuffy old grandfather, who doesn't want them. Some misadventures later, they find themselves in the care of two hapless crooks (Darren McGavin and Don Knotts). A plan is hatched in the mutual interest of all parties, to stage a kidnapping. Unfortunately, grandpa isn't willing to pay anything to get them back, causing a rapid mark-down in ransom demands. Most of the humor isn't subtle. There's a skunk involved. There's also a pencil breaking thug (Vic Tayback), and an equally hapless detective (Herschel Bernardi as Sgt. Max Turner) and his seemingly dimwitted sidekick (Charles Martin Smith). Don Knotts provides most of the laughs. There's a long-long-long chase sequence that seems rather pointless. It's all tame and tepid and utterly predictable. But I enjoyed it because of Don Knotts and the skunk. I can easily see myself watching this film many times. I just wish it was in widescreen instead of fullscreen. But I'll take what I can get.
on September 6, 2010
I remember seeing No Deposit, No Return in the theater when I was a teenager and it left a lasting impression as one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. So I am very happy to find it now on DVD. This movie is hilariously funny and will have you and your whole family in stitches! And it accomplishes this without the suggestive lines, double entendres, and bathroom humor that seem obligatory in comedy films today--even in many so-called "family" movies. Here is definite proof that you don't have to use cheap sleaze to be funny. I wish Hollywood would return to making films like this!

Some reviews I have read here and elsewhere question the plausibility of this movie's story line. Others say that the plot gets too bogged down in such slapstick diversions as Don Knotts' high-altitude skunk rescue or the climactic cops-and-robbers chase scene. My response to such comments is simply this: This is a COMEDY MOVIE! Plausibility and plot development were never meant to be high values in this genre. If you're looking for something plausible and straightforward, watch a documentary. But if you want to bust a gut, watch this movie! It is comedy at its best, in my opinion!

Apparently some customers received defective DVDs, and this is unfortunate. But ours played just fine, so hopefully Disney has fixed this problem. Order and enjoy!
on May 4, 2014
Once again I am extremely happy about the transaction with Amazon.com. This time it was for an "old" movie, No Deposit, No Return. This is one of those your young grandchildren can watch without you (or them) being embarrassed by language or compromising situations. It is a funny movie all the family will enjoy. I also enjoyed (and appreciated) that all the order was promptly handled, arrived safely and timely. Thank you, once again, Amazon!
Craig
on December 25, 2013
I love this movie. I'd seen it before (many years ago). I remembered that it was funny but that was about it. So I bought it this time. I'd forgotten just how funny the movie really was. It has a good plot and good acting. If you love to laugh and want a nice, clean, funny movie to enjoy, this one is it. I would definitely recommend this.
on February 21, 2014
Enjoyable

When those two thieves tries to steal money from other safe...The two kids get away and went into the wrong taxi with the two
thieves into the same taxi...those two kids when with the thieves to cheer them up...everything the act, the way those people act is so funny and silly...
on March 24, 2014
In a day and age when there is nothing worth watching on television, this is a good way to spend a couple of hours. You can't beat Don Knotts and Darrin McGavin! They are a good comedy team. We liked this show.
on March 29, 2015
So cute! Don Knotts is such a funny actor. His facial expressions are hilarious. Disney put out some great movies during this time period and this is one of them. I really liked it.
on June 3, 2015
For years I have shunned Disney films thinking them primarily suited to children. My mistake. Apparently Disney made some screwball comedies and this is one of them.
on June 29, 2013
It was a pleasure to view a movie with children and not have to worry about language or sexual situations or innuendos. A great movie for the whole family to watch and a good lesson - It's not what you have but family that is important.