Praise for NO EXCUSES
No Excuses will really pump you up. Kyle is the real deal . . . and is one of the most inspiring people I’ve ever met.”
When I interviewed Kyle Maynard, he touched the hearts of more viewers than perhaps any other interview I’ve done. No Excuses is the book that Kyle Maynard fans, like me, have been waiting for. And let me tell you, it’s terrific.”
Significant achievement occurs for those who have the courage to overcome disappointment and setbacks to pursue their dreams. This is an inspirational book about the perseverance of the human spirit. Let Kyle inspire you!”
From the Inside Flap
He was born a congenital amputee, his arms ending at his elbows and his legs at his knees. But that didnt stop Kyle Maynard from becoming a champion, on the wrestling mat and in his life.
NO EXCUSES is the inspiring story of Kyles battle against the odds. Youll learn about the family who supported him, the coach who trained him, and the faith that strengthened him to face the toughest fights.
In addition to Kyle Maynards amazing story, revealed in its entirety for the first time, youll learn about:
· How Kyles parents dealt with the shock of his birth
· Why they allowed him "no excuses"and how that benefited Kyle as he learned to eat, type, write, and live without hands
· How Kyle earned his way onto the football teamas a hardnosed defensive lineman
· How Kyle triumphed as a top state wrestler in Georgia
· The core values that Kyle gained from his coach, his family, and the demands of competition
· How Kyles own incredible success met a new barrier: from the federal government, which blocked him from a future NCAA wrestling career.
· How Kyle has changed peoples minds and opinions on the value of life
· The principles that have made Kyle a champion.
· Kyles very own diet and exercise regimen, which helped him compete at the highest levels
· Thirteen ways to live a No Excuses life
NO EXCUSES is a book about a courageous young man who faced the seemingly impossible challenge to live a normal lifeand won a phenomenal victory. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.