Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
No Greatness without Goodness: How a Father’s Love Changed a Company and Sparked a Movement Hardcover – April 1, 2014
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Fascinating! A must-read for everyone in business school. (Temple Grandin, bestselling author of The Autistic Brain)
An amazing feat of faith and foresight that comes true. (Allan Cox, CEO counselor and bestselling author of Change the Way You Face the Day)
Heartwarming. (Jeff Kellan, vice president of distribution of Toys R Us)
Exhilarating. Describes the potential power and impact of one person. (Nancy M. Schlichting, CEO of Henry Ford Health System)
The story of how unconditional love, unending patience, and total dedication to a good cause creates miracles. (C. R. Walgreen III, chairman emeritus of Walgreens)
A powerful story! A must-read for all MBA programs. (Thomas F. Keller, dean emeritus of the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University)
Randy Lewis is a real trailblazer. (Bob Wright, Co-Founder of Autism Speaks and Former Vice Chairman of General Electric)
Anything seems possible after reading this book. (Emil Brolick, CEO of Wendy's)
A story that inspires us all. (Senator Tom Harkin)
From the Inside Flap
I had practiced my speech over and over, but I was still nervous as I climbed the stairs to the stage in the middle of the Paris Las Vegas ballroom. Surrounded by an audience of five thousand Walgreens store managers, I said that we were about to undertake something that had never been done beforeanywhere. We were planning to build the most efficient distribution center of its kind in the world.
And we were going to staff one-third of the workforce with people who have disabilities, many of whom had never been offered a job. People with mental disabilities such as autism and cognitive delays. People with physical disabilities such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy, spinal cord injuries, and missing limbs. We were going to pay them the same as people without disabilities, have them perform the same jobs, and hold them to the same standards. We would offer full benefits and full-time employment, taking hundreds of people off welfare rolls.
As I prepared to tell the five thousand store managers how we were going to do all this, the huge screens surrounding the stage filled with a picture of my family. Thats because my family is where the story began.
Youll be inspired by this incredible story of a father who was committed to making the world a better place. No matter where you are or how much power you hold, you, too, can start working for good.
The next generation is waiting for you to act.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The reviewer is the author of the new kindle book entitled: Sex Education For Adults
Secrets To Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too
1. It will give you a greater love for the disabled and a greater appreciation of their gifts.
2. It will inspire you to fight for justice for the disabled and to include them much more in public life.
3. It will inspire those with disabilities, and especially their caregivers and supporters, that so much more can be accomplished than is often feared.
4. It will give you an insight into the burden of fear, anxiety, and exclusion that the families of the disabled live with.
5. It will demonstrate Christian faith tried in the furnace of affliction.
6. It will call the church to emulate and exceed Walgreens. After all, if a corporation can do it, how much more can and should the church.
7. It will challenge businesses and corporations to employ more people with disabilities – not just out of compassion but out of concern for profits!
8. It will teach you leadership principles. Each of the 40 or so short chapters end with a catchy saying, a proverb, that Lewis draws from His experiences. Many of these are pure gold.
9. It will make you cry, it will make you laugh, it will make you shout with joy!
10. It will make you realize how much one person can do with God’s blessing. When Lewis was hesitating at one point, his wife Kay shared the story of Esther with him: “Perhaps you were made vice president for such a time as this.” Then, with absolute conviction in her voice, she said, “All the angels and the powers of heaven are standing behind you.”
Most recent customer reviews
Thank you for sharing this story.