Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on October 12, 2014
Dan Miller is a great writer! I don't know where to start with my review because the book had so many great nuggets of wisdom. I have a new perspective on work and risks after reading the book. Dan shares tangible ways to find work that is enjoyable, rewarding and profitable. Dan makes a great point that a failure or setback may be a better opportunity in disguise. I would highly recommend this book to everyone, especially people struggling to find meaning in their day jobs. Thanks Dan for a wonderful and inspiring book!!
on August 23, 2016
I've been following Dan Miller for a few years now. I have to admit that this book has had an impact on my work transition journey like none other recently. Dan's insight and experience is invaluable and has been an encouragement for me as a "late-bloomer" entrepreneur. What's cool about this book is that not only did Dan get me thinking about things like work models in a new way, but in many ways this book made me feel like I wasn't alone -- that someone else was articulating what I'd been feeling for so long. I wrote so many notes in my journal as I went through this book back in the spring. And now, I'm happy to say that I have resigned from my day job to pursue full time entertainment and entrepreneurship. Dan Miller is one to read for sure. Get ready to be challenged, encouraged and inspired!
on January 28, 2017
I got this book for my wife and it must have worked because she quit her job and started her business. Didn't read it myself so only giving 4 stars.
on July 29, 2013
I greatly enjoyed this read. It has a small religious bias to it but it's easily ignored. Definitely has me motivated to go out and start my own thing! It won't answer life's questions and it won't give you BS tricks to making millions but it will use real examples (I bet you can relate to at least one of them) of people who turned their life around and help you get past your barriers, whatever they may be. I would highly recommend but give it 4 stars only because it's a little dated and it would have been nice to have some more resources for getting a business up and running.
on March 14, 2013
Have not been a big fan of self help books in the past but this book is a bit more than that. Mr. Miller takes common sense a little bit further than most of us take it ourselves. He uses common sense and humor and gives us the mental shove we sometimes won't give ourselves. If you are feeling sorry for yourself and need that SHOVE, get this book and read it. Then with a little determination, common sense and making fun of life, you can get rid of MONDAY!!!!
on January 21, 2010
This book was a page turn after I got by the first hour. The first hour I was convinced it was only for some one who was not happy with their job, but I was still interested. Then it became really interesting and loaded with interesting statistics, facts and real life stories about Thomas Edison and Albert Einstien etc...

You cant go wrong with this book. I told my son about it and he was inspired to start his own business after reading it. This book gave him the inspiration and the know how to do it sucessfully. From pricing, to resources to residue income. He bought his own copy for his book shelf too.

Great book.
on April 25, 2008
I've been a "student" of Dan Miller's for about a year now. I listen to his podcast and have read his books. Don't read this book if you are not ready to take action! Following the 48 Days outline and now with No More Mondays I have mapped out a plan to go full time with my own business. In fact I turned in my notice at my day J.O.B. last week! The only reason I give this book four stars is that there are several stories and illustrations that are almost verbatim repeats from 48 Days to the Work You Love. It's still very much worth the read, especially if you are looking to get away from the traditional work model.
on May 4, 2011
I recently bought and read "No More Dreaded Mondays". When you buy a book like this you run the chance of wasting your time and money. I don't need someone to lie to me and tell me that I will be a millionaire next week, nor do I need another voice full of expectations of me pushing harder. I already push myself too hard. What I need is straightforward thinking that challenges convention and makes me ask hard questions about who I really am and what in life is worth putting effort into. That, friends, is what I got from this book.

I heard about this book while listening to the Dave Ramsey show on the radio and I thought it would be interesting. I'm not at the point where I want to quit my job -- in fact, I find the work I am in both compelling and typically very satisfying. I haven't quit my day job (yet), but I have started a couple of very small business that I hope will someday become revenue streams that lead to greater financial independence for me.

Although each chapter of the book is beneficial, the section that deals with security and stability has really got me thinking. This book affirmed what I think most people my age (mid-twenties) already know intuitively: there is no such thing as job security. Someone can get rid of you any time, for any reason. So if it comes down to it, why do we exchange meaning in our lives for a steady paycheck that could be gone at any time? I'm grateful for Dan's words on this subject - I feel less trapped now that ever before (even though I love my work).

Other pluses: tons of great (free) resources, book suggestions, quotable passages, good mix of research and anecdotes, high readability, moral grounding.

I'm gifting this book to several friends this year.
on June 8, 2008
This is an informative, inspiring book.

Dan Miller of 48Days (dot com) is a great life/career coach and I highly recommend you sign up for his free weekly email newsletter. (And no, I don't know Dan or anyone on his staff or stand to benefit in any way if you do sign up.) Dan's writing style is relaxed, personable, friendly, and accessible... making the information seem like it's coming a smart friend you've know for years.

A lot of this book is taken from his "48 Days to Creative Income" course, which I ordered about 4 years ago or so. But Dan has included more & updated information to make it worth the purchase. If you've always wanted to start your own business, or have just thought about it from time to time, this book is for you!
on April 12, 2015
I've had the bad habit of being in jobs I didn't fit with. This book at least gave me more options to think of. This is a great resource for someone in the same situation.