Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 89 reviews
on November 7, 2015
I am not finished reading this book yet, but I have already gained a lot of insight into how I may have projected my expectations onto my children and how I can recoup the situation. Some of the information is geared to children in the formative stages of life - like early grade school to middle school - and my children are grown adults, but there is still some vital information that I can glean from the authors. They have credibility and I want to benefit from their experiences.
on August 21, 2017
I love love love this book. Such practical advice in a world where we are all expected to have pinterest-perfect lives. Let's all get real- we are a HOT. MESS. and this book gives permission to live in that space, and THRIVE in it. Are kids AREN'T perfect, and expecting them to be does WAY more harm than good. Mamas, own your mess and let your kids own theirs.
on May 15, 2014
An approach that helps children & parents to learn how to show acceptance & encouragement & build a relationship instead of tearing it down. It helps kids to understand that our love is not based on their performance & that everyone has challenges in some areas. It doesn't mean there is something "wrong" with them if they don't perform perfectly. We often expect more of our children than we do of ourselves.
on December 30, 2014
Reading along with "How Am I Smart?: A Parent's Guide to Multiple Intelligences" by Kathy Koch.

My daughter left it up for me to read. Now is that a HINT or what? As my dd isn't inclined to do that much,
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
on April 16, 2017
Such a good read. I've found so many helpful tips in this book. I highly recommend
on March 4, 2017
Haven't read this yet but ordered it based on hearing the author on my Christian radio station speaking on this subject. This author has such good, practical and USABLE advice. Highly recommend!
on November 12, 2016
This book is a must-read for moms who are trying to be the best they can be, realizing they will not be perfect and that their kids will not be perfect. Thought provoking and straightforward, this book is great in a public or private setting.
on March 25, 2014
This book is such a wonderful tool not just for understanding your kids, but also understanding yourself. Which resulted in me taking a more Godly approach when it comes to my child. This book helped me to see things clearly as well as enlightened my view of God and how the three relationships work together...my son, me, and God! Thanks for the knowledge bomb!
on October 3, 2014
Wonderful reminder that we all thrive on being respected as individuals. Each of us needs to be treated in a way that considers our uniqueness.
on October 4, 2014
Great book, haven't read to the end. As parents are kids don't need to be perfect, even though we would like that. They are kids and let them be kids as long it doesn't harm them in anyway:)