Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A No-Nonsense Guide To Vitiligo Paperback – November 23, 2017
"Children of Blood and Bone"
Tomi Adeyemi conjures a stunning world of dark magic and danger in her West African-inspired fantasy debut. Pre-order today
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "This ambitious book is about how to help ordinary patients understand and manage their skin condition. Everyone interested in vitiligo should absolutely read it." - Prof. Torello Lotti
- "A smart, accessible book that takes a look at the whole body and its environment to understand the disease, treatment tools and protocols, and well worth the price." - Prof. Robert Schwartz
- "This is an insightful journey from a patient perspective into the trials and tribulations of living with vitiligo. The author integrates in a flawless form social, medical and psychological burden of living with vitiligo. It is truly the most complete and essential guide to living with vitiligo." - Prof. Andy Goren
- "This book is rare. It looks at vitiligo with an insider's knowledge, wisdom and deep caring about patients." - Ogo Maduewesi, VITSAF
- "Yan Valle is the person to listen about vitiligo." - Lee Thomas, Fox2 TV
- "Yan gave over vast amounts of information in a really readable, cogent fashion. This is really a great presentation of a complex topic. ... I am sure that there are hundreds of other diseases, where a guide like this would be really valuable." - James Adelson, Zanderm
- "I love how easy to understand and comprehensive it is - something definitely lacking in the vitiligo community today." - Erika Page, Living Dappled
- "A No-Nonsense Guide To Vitiligo is deeply original and well-referenced book. Yan doesn't just list all options for you to choose from, but makes sensible suggestions." - Prof. Konstantin Lomonosov
- "I must congratulate author on the achievement and contribution he made for public awareness of vitiligo. Its a wonderful book. Both patients and professionals will benefit from it." - Prof. Xing-Hua Gao
- "Yan explains what's wrong with drug development and why there is still no cure for vitiligo. He also gives a critical, much-needed overview of the effectiveness of various therapies for vitiligo." - Prof. Igor Korobko
From the Author
When I read, I always like to know more about the author or specialist behind the words. It helps me understand the cognitive bias and tools of the person, and to anticipate my learning outcomes. So, here's a bit about me:
My competency in the area you are about to discover evolved from real-life experiences and is built upon a formal education as a computer engineer with a master's degree in business administration. As a professional, I went from nearly three decades in the high-tech and business development sector to become Chief Executive Officer of the non-profit Vitiligo Research Foundation in 2010, upon an invitation from its founder - a close family friend.
And as a patient since around six years of age, I have gone through every common pitfall known to a person diagnosed with vitiligo. Misdiagnosis, years of non-treatment followed by bursts of mistreatment - including under-dose and over-dose - treatment dropouts, self-prescription and self-medication, to name a few.
When challenged with a complicated question, I like to ask myself, "How would I explain this to my mother?" So let's get down-to-earth to make sure you walk away from this book with a clear understanding of your best treatment options and their potential outcomes.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $0.99 (Save 67%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.