Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 255 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 319 reviews
on April 19, 2017
I absolutely love this book. It explains a low sodium diet in an easy to understand way. There is a meal plan in the back that's very easy to follow. Starting a big dietary change for medical reasons is so hard to do but this book makes it easy. The recipes DO NOT call for strange ingredients you'd probably never use again or ingredients you're not sure you'd even like....another reason I like this book.

The only con...no pictures of any recipes.

I don't mind it but others may since most cookbooks printed now days have pictures.
on July 13, 2017
Buying food w low to no sodium in the grocery store or out at a restaurant is nearly impossible. I now check all labels to ensure that I don't exceed the RDA of 2000. My DH was Dx w Meniere's & we've learned that controlling Sodium contributes to his well-being, Weight loss & NO bouts of violent nausea! We're sold! Fresh cooking. Controlled to no sodium bc we control the ingredients in our food. Finding low-no sodium was the logical next step. Found this book on Amazon and it is fabulous! Easy, healthful recipes. Thank, Amazon!! Please offer more cook books like this! A no salt diet doesn't have to be bland! I'm the cook, but my DH (dear or damn husband, depending on the day) now co-cooks w/me after 20 yrs! Love the book, the price, the recipes and now, my husband cooks for ME!
on August 5, 2017
Informative for those not aware of sodium effects on health. Some recipes are extreme in my opinion.
I suggest that you discuss with your doctor or a nutritionist the pros and cons of limiting sodium in extreme amounts. But if that is what your health care provider recommends, a drastic reduction of sodium in your diet, this is the book for you. Even some of the extreme low salt recipes seem tasty to me.
I haven't actually tried any recipes, as at this time our Doctors believe our own efforts over the years to reduce salt has benefited us, just need to be aware of hidden sodium.
on September 7, 2017
Bought for my sister who had open heart surgery. She is recovering but doesn't like to cook. I looked at the
recipes and took it back. I think the recipes in book and thought that I didn't need low sat but they all looked
good so I am going to try it out.
on June 3, 2017
Due to my husband's heart condition, I got this book to help create a starting point toward changing our diet. There's some great recipes & useful data for calculating any recipe's sodium content. Don't be afraid to alter recipes to meet your needs, just remember to account for any additional sodium that may have been added. I can use a potassium based salt substitute which helps to give more of a salted flavor to a recipe.
on February 28, 2013
I bought this cookbook for my father's medical condition--he is limited to 1,000 mgs of Sodium a day, so it's exceptionally difficult to find food for him. I actually quite enjoyed the fact that there were no photos, as I feel like I got many more recipes than from a normal cookbook. I also enjoyed that he displayed the total amount of sodium for the entire recipe, as serving sizes are usually way smaller than what the actual person eats. (Of course you could just multiply and do your own math, but what fun is that?)
on June 8, 2017
One of the best informational books on low sodium, it is a great help.
Enthusiast: Cookingon August 21, 2016
Informative.
on May 21, 2014
Trying desperately to control my blood pressure and found that sodium was a trigger to make it spike very high.. But in cutting back sodium your food choices are very limited because of "hidden salt" in so many things.
So the book has given me recipes that are very good and very tasty while limiting the salt content to just a few hundred mgs. A day.... It's been a huge help for me in choosing foods and preparing them without the use of salt....
on April 26, 2015
I've enjoyed reading this cookbook so much that I've given it as gifts to family menbers with hypertension or heading in that direction. The book is particularly effective because it was written by someone who had Hypertension himself. To read how he was determined to take charge of the quality of his life by changing his eating habits, in a way in which we all can do, is both inspiring and hopeful. This book is priceless and I thank Mr. Gazzaniga for writing it and sharing the story of his successful journey with others.