Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 8, 2016
I saw this product listed in a Honda lawnmower owner's manual, and thought it looked like a great idea. I read all the reviews and and watched "No-Spill Jill" show how to operate the gas can. Then I got the product and every time I tried to use it, it would overflow! I thought maybe I had overfilled the gas can to start with, so I kept trying for several weeks (each time overfilling and spilling gas!) Finally the gas was below the max fill line, and it still spilled gas. I then got a small plastic cup and put it in a plastic pan to catch the overflow. I must have tried 10 times, and each time it overflowed! I was now a few days away from having it a month, so I got on Amazon to return it. Guess what? One cannot return a gas can! So I then called the No-Spill company. The lady was a little short with me, and seemed to think that it was probably all my fault. I thought to myself, how can it be my fault? It has not auto-shut off one time in all the times I have used it. I have spilled more gas with this No-Spill can than I have with any other gas can I have ever used. The lady on the phone said that one has to press the button on the gas can ALL the WAY IN, and hold it there as it is filling up. Only then (with the button pressed hard/fully all the way in, and held in during the whole time) will the No-Spill gas can work properly and auto-shut off. For my troubles, she sent me out a new nozzle in the mail. When I received it, I tried it just like she said. And..it worked! Out of curiosity I put the original nozzle back on and tried it the new way, and it worked (at least way better than before.) I took the time to write this in order to hopefully save some folks a lot of grief by not knowing the trick with this nozzle. Have a great day!
33 comments| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2017
Love this gas can!!! If it still performs in the years to come as well as it does now, I’ll be a happy customer! I may have to buy a new washer occasionally, but that’s ok...Amazon sells parts for it 😀 I can easily handle the weight of this can when full, and it doesn’t spill a drop. Just make sure it’s tightened well. My husband and I recently threw away 7 or 8 five-gallon gas cans because they either leaked, the plastic cracked at a seam, or the nozzle was torn up. They were hard for me to handle full, and I could never fill my mower up in the basement because of leaking gas. Now I feel comfortable pouring gas inside so I don’t have to start my mower, pull it outside, turn it off, then fill it up...that is not good for any motor to cut it off before it has time to warm up!!! I also like the features of this can, such as the wide viewing on both sides to see the amount of gas in it, and especially the cut-off feature where it automatically stops pouring when your tank gets full (prevents overfilling), just like the gas station pumps do. I actually have always enjoyed mowing, except for the task of gassing up the mower. After dealing with terrible gas cans for 35 years, I can’t say enough good things about these gas cans!!!
on September 28, 2017
I bought this to use to fuel up my generator before hurricane Irma. I took my 5 gal cans and poured into this and used this one to fill it up. Wow I was amazed at what a great , spill free , system it is. Even with heavy winds and in the dark I did not spill any fuel or over fill.

I can not recommend this more :)
on August 16, 2017
Since the Pussification of America and the good gas nozzles being restricted, I have need a solution for dispensing fuel. AND this is just the ticket. Easy to use, you do not end up with fuel all over your hands and it quickly stops as soon as you let go of the button. Only issue I have is that you have to hold the can all the way over.
on September 12, 2017
At Last !
This is my fourth gas container in a year.
I tried:
Justrite 7220120 - Had a nasty habit of burping out gas at high velocity on hot days. Reported to Consumer Products Safety Commission.
Eagle UI-20-FS - Very hard to pour and fill.
Surecan - Multiple issues. Please see my review

No Spill works great. Great construction. Well thought out.
on October 19, 2017
I’ve been using these cans for about 2 years and they are easily the best I’ve ever used. The build quality has been very good. The spout system is worth the price alone. Just insert the nozzle in the tank and push the button. No long spouts that fling gas all over the place. You do have to be careful with the automatic shutoff. I don’t really use it myself. I have some arthritis in my hands and I had to remove the ratcheting lock from the black ring on the filler cap. It’s a child safety feature so if you don’t have a problem keeping it away from children it makes the can much easier to use,
on July 27, 2013
Some of these CARB gas cans are frustrating to use, but this one is simple and easy, and really does seem to be completely sealed-I don't smell any gas in my shed. I still prefer the old-style flexible nozzle, but can't seem to find one. A funnel might be needed for some cars. Also , a second handle on the side would make it easier to hold while pouring. Still, it's better than anything I found at my local stores.

Update 10/8/17: Still working great, I am changing the rating from 4 to 5 stars. There is a recess on the bottom which functions like a handle when you are pouring. I still cannot detect any gas smell, so quick and easy to use, very stable when filling. You will need a funnel to fill your vehicle to avoid spillage as the fill neck is short, but works great for everything else.
on June 29, 2016
I never thought that I would be praising a gas can but here I am doing it. Ever since EPA has been using the crazy new gas containers, I have spilled more gasoline and caused more harm to the environment than I ever had with the old metal cans where I had control of gas flow. This No-Spill Gas Can gives wonderful control and I can comfortably fill all of my gas equipment without spilling some all over the place. It was always like a game with the other cans, this unit is precise. At first, I felt that $24 was a lot to pay for a gas can and really didn't have any high expectations as I have been fooled before by product information and consumer reviews as everyone has different expertise levels, even for filling up a lawn mower. I was pleasantly surprise and have recommended this can to my friends. Whether they are willing to shell out $24 buck for it is up to them. I highly recommend this Poly Gas Can for those who feel like they are tired of spilling gas when they fill up their lawn mower, weed whacker, or whatever gas equipment that they have.
on August 24, 2017
I really like this new nozzle. The built in safety features are worth the price alone. Mine does drip after releasing the button. Otherwise I would have had no problem giving this a five star rating. Love the sight gauge and the nearly mess free way it works. Nice to have a cover on the tip to help keep it clean too. Well thought out.
on June 23, 2017
Works great so far. Can't smell any gas fumes in the car after you fill it. It would be nice if it had a handle on the back to make it easier to pour when it is full. Also if you only have a push mower, get the smaller gas can. That way you won't buy to much gas as it isn't supposed to sit around for more then a month without adding fuel stabilizer.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.