Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 7, 2010, 4:59:06 AM PDT
J. Williams says:
I am very upset that they are releasing this on a freaking flipper disc. One of the reasons I loved blu-ray so much was that there were no more flippers. And then this happens! Why bring back flippers?! Would it hurt Summit to spend a few more dollars and just put in a DVD also? Or just forget the DVD I really do not need it. Please Summit stop with the flipper discs.

Posted on Oct 7, 2010, 11:59:48 AM PDT
If you don't need DVD then you will never need to flip it, so what's the problem?

Posted on Oct 7, 2010, 7:38:12 PM PDT
Flippers needs to die

Posted on Oct 14, 2010, 7:27:20 AM PDT
Atticusbks says:
What is a "flipper" disc?

Posted on Oct 18, 2010, 10:35:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2010, 10:41:05 PM PDT
A disk with stuff on both sides for twilight one side is the dvd the other is the bluray version. For dvds the ones I saw at least one side was full screen version and the other was wide screen. I always thought they were not very well labled and was ushaly confused by which side had what on it. Also just rembered for UHF was the same way but the extras were split between the sides so you would click on the extra and it would say flip the disk to see this extra.

Posted on Nov 21, 2010, 7:44:04 AM PST
pluckiducki says:
I agree...flippers stink. What happens if one side gets scratched. I like being able to have my blu ray version at home and a regular dvd version for the car.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2010, 5:41:49 PM PST
Bob says:
I know why it exists is beyond me

Posted on Dec 22, 2010, 12:29:15 AM PST
One thing I did like was that it said bluray this side up and dvd this side up. None of that side A widescreen nonsence but still don't like them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010, 3:04:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2010, 3:05:26 PM PST
eab173 says:
If I didn't need the DVD then why would I spend the extra money to buy a combo pack? If I had known it was a flipper prior to buying, I would have bought the cheaper single disc blu-ray version. Having separate discs (1 for blu-ray and 1 for DVD) is better. You can use the dvd while you travel. Having 2 discs also gives you a back up in case one side is scratched or you lose the disc. It is also nice so the kids can use the dvd and I can keep the blu-ray disc in a safe place for my own viewing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 7, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.