Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe forum

No video signal and poppy audio

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2012 11:05:09 AM PDT
Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe

I bought this as a Gold Box deal, and I initially had some trouble running the software and detecting the hardware, but I did a fresh start, fully updated all the drivers and that problem has disappeared.

However, I am getting no video signal through my VidBox from two separate devices (VCR and camcorder). I wiggle the composite cable a tab and sometimes, *sometimes* can get a frame of video. And in addition to no video signal, the audio I receive is constantly popping, even with no incoming signal.

I'm guessing I have a faulty device (and I've contacted customer support), but I wanted to see if anyone else has had these issues.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:06:39 AM PST
I just purchased Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe from Honestech and am having the same problem with both a DVD and a VCR.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:19:23 PM PST
Craig says:
I also could not get a video signal. When I connected the VidBox to a different USB port (happened to be USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0), it started working.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 7:21:41 AM PST
Reddevil999 says:
I have just bought the Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 HD which doesn't have a vidbox ? I have installed the software and made all the required connections to the (fully operational) VCR I am using but there is no video signal showing up in the Honestech window. I have changed USB ports without success. There are no error messages appearing, in fact zilch is happening as with the Easycrap device I used prior to this. Are all these things totally useless ?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:22:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 5:23:21 AM PST
Gagzzy says:
I just purchased Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe from Honestech and am having the same problem VHS to DVD.
and have had it replaced twice by amazon. Both times ,will not capture video signal ,but I am getting sound ,have contacted Honestech service department and after lots of checks told to send back for refund ,will not work with my computer or something installed on my computer ???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:07:47 AM PST
Reddevil999 says:
After uninstalling and re installing the software three times and checking and re checking the scart converter and usb connections the Honestech sprang into life ! I have no idea why, so the only advice this technophobe can offer to other sufferers is to perservere. Once it is working it is ridiculously easy to navigate through as it uses pictorial prompts to guide you through the process. There is no worrying about whether or not its a PAL or NTAC or what screen resolution it should be it just records the feed in real time and then formats and burns the DVD all in one process (so its not quick). However, I have had a number of failures during the burn process with an error code but regrettably no apparent means to re attempt the burn without repeating the whole recording process once again with a fresh blank DVD as the original is somehow compromised (I will have to research whether or not I can wipe and re use them).

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:09:10 AM PST
I have the same problem on my newish Windows 7 PC. However, I have installed it in an older PC with Windows XP and it works just fine in that. I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers for Windows 7, but I only get the odd frame show up and very rough sound quality. So it seems to be a problem with Windows 7.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 3:08:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2012 3:09:34 AM PST
Do you have AMD chip for your Windows 7 PC? I know AMD had some issues with video related software and hardware on Windows 7 PC. You can also reach out to the software company for a patch/driver file if available.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:21:42 AM PST
Dear customers,
First of all, we apologize for the troubles you may have experienced using our product. We have discovered that on small nubers of PCs with AMD processors had trouble providing sufficient power through the USB to the video capture device (VIDBOX NW06). We have a solution to fix this problem, so please contact our customer care team. Email: support@honestech.com; Phone: 512-346-3700 (Toll Free 877-484-6246).

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 11:28:40 AM PDT
Can you please tell me then why i have been told by yourselves that there is no solution to my problem ( plays for a minute or two then freezes.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2013 5:37:41 PM PDT
oldiesdj says:
If you have a solution to this problem please list it here or email the people who have registered it. I can not use this product on my windows 7 based desktop. However it will work on an old compaq desktop with vista. I need a solution to this and so do others.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2014 2:11:14 PM PDT
E. Lloyd says:
I have also purchased this product sent on back and got another because I thought it was faulty, I tried both on two different video players and none have worked. I run a windows 8 system, what is happening?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2014

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe
VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe by VIDBOX (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.7 out of 5 stars (1,104)