|Item model number||NF-A9x14|
|Item Weight||7 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||8.5 x 1.5 x 6 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||8.5 x 1.5 x 6 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Noctua 92 x 14 mm Low-Profile Cooling Fan with A-Series Blades (NF-A9x14)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Measuring only 14mm in thickness, the NF-A9x14 is much slimmer. This makes it ideal for all applications where standard fans would take up too much space, such as low profile CPU coolers in HTPC builds or server environments.
- The NF-A9x14 impeller features suction side Flow Acceleration Channels. By speeding up the airflow at the crucial outer blade regions, this measure reduces suction side flow separation and thus leads to better efficiency and lower vortex noise.
- Noctua's AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimization) frames feature integrated anti-vibration pads as well as Noctua's proprietary Stepped Inlet Design and Inner Surface Microstructures, both of which further refine the fan's performance/noise efficiency.
- Noctua's Stepped Inlet Design adds turbulence to the influx in order to facilitate the transition from laminar flow to turbulent flow, which reduces tonal intake noise, improves flow attachment and increases suction capacity.
- With the tips of the fan blades ploughing thru boundary layer created by Inner Surface Microstructures, flow separation from suction side of the blades is significantly suppressed, which reduced blade passing noise, improved airflow, pressure efficiency.
- Integrated Anti-Vibration Pads made from extra-soft silicone minimize the transmission of minute vibrations while maintaining full compatibility with all standard mounting systems and fan clips used on heat sinks.
- The NF-A9x14 features the further optimized second generation of Noctua's renowned, time-tested SSO bearing. With SSO2, the rear magnet is placed closer to the axis to provide even better stabilization, precision and durability.
- Supporting fully automatic PWM speed control, the NF-A9x14 uses Noctua's novel, custom designed NE-FD1 PWM IC that integrates Smooth Commutation Drive (SCD) technology. By providing smoother torque impulses, SCD suppresses PWM switching noises and thus makes the fan quieter at lower speeds.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Noctua AAO Frame Design SSO2 Bearing Quiet Fan(NF-A9 PWM)
noctua NF-A9 FLX 92mm Premium Quality PC Computer Case Fan 3/4 pin power - NEW
Scythe Slip Stream Slim 120mm Case Fan (SY1212SL12L)
Noctua SSO Bearing Fan Retail Cooling NF-B9 redux-1600 PWM
ARCTIC F9-92 mm Standard Case Fan | Ultra Low Noise Cooler | Silent Cooler with Standard Case | Push- or Pull Configuration possible
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Noctua Cooling Solutions||Noctua Cooling Solutions||Noctua Cooling Solutions||Amazon.com||Noctua Cooling Solutions||OutletPC|
|Item Dimensions||8.5 x 1.5 x 6 in||3.62 x 0.98 x 3.62 in||3.62 x 0.98 x 3.62 in||4.7 x 0.5 x 4.7 in||3.62 x 3.62 x 0.98 in||3.62 x 3.62 x 0.98 in|
|Item Weight||7.04 ounces||—||0.51 lb||3.52 ounces||3.2 ounces||1.6 ounces|
Size - 3.6 x 3.6 Inches, Mounting hole spacing - 3.24 x 3.24 Inches. Featuring Noctua's AAO frame and sophisticated aerodynamic design measures such as Flow Acceleration Channels, the NF-A9x14 is a highly optimized, premium quality quiet fan in 92x14mm size. Due to its thickness of only 14mm, the NF-A9x14 is a perfect match for low profile CPU coolers and all other applications that require slimmer fans. Noctua's custom-designed PWM IC for fully automatic speed control and reference class SSO2 bearings guarantee superb running smoothness and excellent long-term stability. Topped off with modular cabling, a Low-Noise Adaptor and 6 years manufacturer's warranty, the NF-A9x14 is a premium choice for the highest demands.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Nitti Gritty:
This fan has rubber pads in the corners that dampen vibration. As the fan speed increases the air flow noise becomes perceivable, but even at full speed it is not loud or particularly annoying. At full speed this fan is about as loud as a PS3 idling.
Let me be clear. This IS NOT the quietest fan you can buy! It is perhaps the quieteset 92mm x 15mm fan you can buy. If you need the combination of low noise, low profile, in a 92mm PWM fan, I would recommend this fan. On the other hand, if you can fit a 120mm fan then don't buy this. There are much quieter, better performing fans in the 120mm size than the 92mm. I would recommend the Cooler Master Sickleflo 120mm fans. They are not PWM but they put out 69 CFM at a 19 dB. If I could fit one in my case it would have replaced this for sure. Food for thought. Good hunting!
Just be carefull that you order the fan you need. I have found that Amazon has some mixups in the PWM 4 wire models versus the 3 wire models. Also Noctua fans will not start up without 12V on them. Once running the motor will accept lower voltages and slow down but the initial burst needs to be 12V. Most motherboards already do this so it should not be a problem, but its always a good idea to confirm this.
As for noise, there is almost no noise from the Noctua, the fan just moves lots of air silently. I have used almost every model of Noctua and all of the were very good except for the 140mm version which I found was just too slow at 800rpm and moved very little air.
But seriously, Noctua fans are a staple when I need to make cooling quieter. If I can replace it with a Noctua, I probably will. I used this fan on a Silverstone AR06 and it's much nicer than the stock fan. I didn't see much change in temps, but the lower RPM + lower noise are what I wanted anyway.
I compared this one to the full size version and went ahead and grabbed this one instead. I may get another one later and move this thinner one to the front of my computer case, but kinda wanted to test it out first so that's why I started with the thinner one. The fan works great, and they do mean silent. It is extrely quiet. I have no complaints whatsoever.
I am a Noctua fan fan! I have replaced almost every fan in my systems with Noctua units.
I worked in computer systems development for a number of years. My manager once said that anyone who develops a system should be required to sit next to the system for a year just to see how obnoxious fan noises can be. He would be pleased, I can no longer hear my systems.
Most recent customer reviews
Now my GPU (RX560) is super quiet, still can slightly hear it when gaming, but night and day difference between now and with the original fan.