|Item model number||NH-L12|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||5.9 x 2.6 x 5.04 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||5.9 x 2.6 x 5.04 inches|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||February 22, 2012|
Consider these available items
Noctua NH-L12 Low-profile Quiet CPU Cooler for Louqe Ghost S1 MkII Case
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Power Connector Type||3-Pin|
|Noise Level||17.6 dB|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The NH-L12 can be used with the NF-B9 92mm fan only in order to reduce the overall height to 66mm. This way, the cooler is suitable for many typical µATX or Mini-ITX enclosures and ideal for whisper-quiet HTPC systems.
- PWM support and Low-Noise Adaptors. The NH-L12's NF-F12 and NF-B9 fans support PWM for convenient automatic speed control. In addition, the maximum fan speed can be reduced to 1200/1300rpm using the supplied Low-Noise Adaptors for even quieter operation.
- Noctua's enthusiast grade SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting provides broad socket compatibility (LGA 2011, LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA775, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1) and meets the highest demands in safety, performance and ease-of-use.
- Some Intel based Mini-ITX main boards don't allow for the installation of backplates. The NH-L12 thus comes with an extra set of Intel mounting bolts which make it possible to install the cooler without using the SecuFirm2 backplate.
- Fan Size: Noctua NF-F12 PWM & NF-B9 PWM. Compatibility: Intel LGA 2011, LGA 1366, LGA 1156, LGA775, AMD, AMD2 AM2+, AM3, AM 3+, FM 1 (Backplate required). Bearing: SSO-Bearing (Self-stabilizing oil-pressure bearing). RPM +/- 10%: 1500/1600 RPM (Max), 1200/1300 RPM(w/L.N.A).
- Min Rotation Speed (PWM): 300/300RPM. Air Flow: 93.4/64.3m³/h (Max), 74.3/52.6 m³/h (w/L.N.A.), 63.4m³/h (W/U.L.N.A). Acoustical Noise: 22.4/17.6 dB(A) (Max), 18.6/13.1dB(A)(w/L.N.A ). Input Power: 0.6/0.96W.Voltage Range : 12V.MTBF > 150,000h.
- Material: Copper (Base and Heat-pipes), Alum.(cooling Fins), Soldered Joints, Nickel Plated. Dimension : 5.04-Inchx5.9-Inchx 2.6-Inch (Without Fan), 5.04-Inchx5.9-Inchx 3.66-Inch (With Fan). Weight: 1.0 Lbs (Without Fan), 1.5 Lbs (With Fan)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Noctua NH-L12S, Premium Low Profile CPU Cooler with Quiet 120mm PWM Fan (Brown)
Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler (65mm, Brown)
Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition, Premium Low Profile CPU Cooler with Quiet 92mm PWM Fan (Brown)
Scythe Big Shuriken 3 CPU Air Cooler, 120mm Low Profile(69mm Tall), Intel LGA1151, AMD AM4/Ryzen
Noctua NH-U9S, Premium CPU Cooler with NF-A9 92mm Fan (Brown)
|Sold By||—||Noctua Cooling Solutions||Noctua Cooling Solutions||Noctua Cooling Solutions||Scythe Inc||Noctua Cooling Solutions|
|Item Dimensions||5.90 x 2.60 x 5.04 inches||5.04 x 5.75 x 2.76 inches||3.74 x 2.00 x 3.74 inches||5.91 x 5.04 x 2.60 inches||—||3.74 x 3.74 x 4.92 inches|
|Item Weight||1.00 lbs||2.20 lbs||0.90 lbs||1.10 lbs||1.05 lbs||1.15 lbs|
The NH-L12 is a low-profile quiet cooler designed for use in small form factor cases and HTPC environments. With its flexible NF-F12 (120mm)/NF-B9 (92mm) dual PWM fan setup, the NH-L12 can be configured either for full performance in dual fan mode or extra-low profile (66mm) with the top fan removed. Bundled with the award-winning NT-H1 thermal compound and Noctua's SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system, the NH-L12 packs everything a premium quality quiet cooler needs into a highly compact package. Caution: The NH-L12 is a low-profile quiet cooler designed for use in small form factor cases and HTPC environments. While it provides first rate performance in its class, it is not suitable for overclocking and should be used with care on CPUs with more than 95W TDP (Thermal Design Power). Please consult our TDP guidelines to find out whether the NH-L12 is recommended for your CPU.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Ryzen 1700 at stock speed 3.0 Ghz + 2133Mhz Ram
AIDA 64 Stress TEST RESULTS
Test length 12 minutes - Maximum Load CPU Test + FPU Test + Cache Test.
Max CPU Temp - 47*C (went down to 46*C soon after reading 47*C)
Max Watts from the wall 120-W (At idle only 60 watts)
120mm Fan 1 Speed - 937 RPM (60% of max speed)
??mm (smaller one) Fan 2 Speed - 1324 RPM (same 60% of max spin speed)
Fairly quiet setup here.
Same test but now with CPU Overclocked to 3.9Ghz and 2933Mhz Ram OC as well.
Test length 15 minutes
Max CPU Temp-66*C
Max Watts from the wall 215-W (Idle at 67 to 90 Watts, mostly on the lower side)
120mm Fan 1 Speed - 1442 RPM (100% of max speed)
??mm (smaller one) Fan 2 Speed - 1814 RPM (same 100%% of max spin speed)
Fan profiles for both tests are as follows. 1-(40*C=50%fan) 2-(45*C=60%fan) 3-(50*C=70%fan) 4-(60*C=80%fan) 5-(64*C=100%fan)
Your temps may improve in a larger case, I tested inside an SFF Ncase M1 with limited airflow. Would recommend the smaller of the 2 fans replaced with another large one identical to the one already included for the top of the heatsink. That should reduce noise while increasing airflow.
It did require me to purchase the noctua AM4 mouting hardware
Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor
Biostar - X370GTN Mini ITX
G.Skill - Trident Z 32GB
SanDisk - Z410 240GB
Hitachi - Travelstar 1TB
Western Digital - Black 1TB
Asus - GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX
Cooler Master - Elite 130
Lian-Li - PE 750W 80+ Platinum
i'm using this sink on intel i7 7700 1151 socket (no over clocking...)
on Asus H110M-E/M.2 MicroATX Motherboard
in Rosewill 2U Server Chassis (RSV-2600)
Sane, well written and organized manual (step by step), concise and clear instructions, and excellent mounting system (including alternate screws for mITX motherboards to clear MOSFETs and other components on the back) make installing this a breeze. Mounting clips on fan are extremely easy to use. Fan cables are typical Noctua quality and come sleeved.
If you are planning on installing the 120mm fan in a bottom configuration, be cautious and do plenty of research ahead of time. The fan itself is 25mm, but more like 27mm+ if you include the rubber vibration mounts. You are going to need low profile ram that is no higher than the fastener tabs. You will also need to be careful of components that may get in the way. You CANNOT use the L12 in a 120mm bottom fan configuration with the Z97i-PLUS (at this time, only 1 version exists).
Noctua's NT1 thermal paste that's provided is excellent and easy to use. It is considered a very good thermal solution (you don't need to buy extra / replace it). I can't speak for how difficult it is to clean up after application, but it seems to be fairly easy to clean within a few hours from application.
For those who are considering OC with this HS, you're probably going to be heavily limited by the heat dissipation rate. The L12 simply isn't designed for heavy overclocking, and makes a lot of compromises to get into a small form form factor.
edit: I've been in contact w/ Noctua for the past few days trying to figure out how to reduce my temperatures. Despite this fact, that this probably has more to do with my build form factor and less to do with their heatsink, Noctua has answered all of my questions and gone above and beyond what I expected, even air shipping me an alternate mounting brace.
Top reviews from other countries
Legendary Noctua quality
Excellent and quick support when emailed them
Fits as it should snugly
Multiple connections and bolts to basically fit any type of LGA socket
Cools CPU rather nicely
Not a con, but my TDP is 130W which is pushing this CPU cooler a little bit to its limit. I'm guessing one will get even better cooling with the newer chips whose TDP is lees than mine.
I would very highly recommend it and will be using it when I upgrade to a newer Intel Chip. I can't stress enough what great quality it is
Works a champ!
The packaging, all the included accessories (splitter, low noise adapter and extension cable) and the easy installation are all welcome extra.
Not really for overclooker, but for a silent low temp cooler for an HTPC I cannot ask for more