|Item model number||NH-L12|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||5.9 x 2.6 x 5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||5.9 x 2.6 x 5.04 inches|
Noctua NH-L12 Low-profile Quiet CPU Cooler with 120/90mm Dual PWM Fan
|Price:||$59.25 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The NH-L12 can be used with the NF-B9 92mm fan only in order to reduce the overall height to 66mm. This way, the cooler is suitable for many typical µATX or Mini-ITX enclosures and ideal for whisper-quiet HTPC systems.
- PWM support and Low-Noise Adaptors. The NH-L12's NF-F12 and NF-B9 fans support PWM for convenient automatic speed control. In addition, the maximum fan speed can be reduced to 1200/1300rpm using the supplied Low-Noise Adaptors for even quieter operation.
- Noctua's enthusiast grade SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting provides broad socket compatibility (LGA 2011, LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA775, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1) and meets the highest demands in safety, performance and ease-of-use.
- Some Intel based Mini-ITX main boards don't allow for the installation of backplates. The NH-L12 thus comes with an extra set of Intel mounting bolts which make it possible to install the cooler without using the SecuFirm2 backplate.
- Fan Size: Noctua NF-F12 PWM & NF-B9 PWM. Compatibility: Intel LGA 2011, LGA 1366, LGA 1156, LGA775, AMD, AMD2 AM2+, AM3, AM 3+, FM 1 (Backplate required). Bearing: SSO-Bearing (Self-stabilizing oil-pressure bearing). RPM +/- 10%: 1500/1600 RPM (Max), 1200/1300 RPM(w/L.N.A).
- Min Rotation Speed (PWM): 300/300RPM. Air Flow: 93.4/64.3m³/h (Max), 74.3/52.6 m³/h (w/L.N.A.), 63.4m³/h (W/U.L.N.A). Acoustical Noise: 22.4/17.6 dB(A) (Max), 18.6/13.1dB(A)(w/L.N.A ). Input Power: 0.6/0.96W.Voltage Range : 12V.MTBF > 150,000h.
- Material: Copper (Base and Heat-pipes), Alum.(cooling Fins), Soldered Joints, Nickel Plated. Dimension : 5.04-Inchx5.9-Inchx 2.6-Inch (Without Fan), 5.04-Inchx5.9-Inchx 3.66-Inch (With Fan). Weight: 1.0 Lbs (Without Fan), 1.5 Lbs (With Fan)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I found the cooler to be very efficient keeping my CPU (Corei7 2600k) Cool and doing it in a quiet manner that I can appreciate and I think you will to.
Some people, like myself, might have issues getting this cooler installed in their system due to the low height and the overall width of it. Due to the integrated heatsinks on my motherboard (Asus P8z68-v Pro/Gen3) I found I could only install it one way and it was a tight fit.
There's also a slight concern regarding ram as with the NH-L12 installed you won't be able to use memory that features large heatspreaders. I'm not sure that's much of a concern though as that type of ram is more made for overclocking and this cooler is not made for that type of system.
+Decent cooling ability
+Fairly easy installation
+Should fit in most any case
+Works great with one or two fans
+Works with 120mm or 92mm fans
+Can be used with lower 92mm fan only to make cooler lower in height where space is an issue
-Can't use large style ram
-Might not fit motherboards with built-in chipset coolers
-Cooler orientation can be limited by motherboard layout
1) A way to keep the CPU cool
2) A low profile cooler that would fit into my Silverstone GD05B case
3) Most importantly - a fan that was as close to silent as could be, without spending big bucks on liquid cooling
You can tell that this company takes pride in their product. The first thing that struck me was the packaging. The design and layout of how this product was packaged told me a lot about how effective it was going to be. From the flip out box to the color instructions, this company put as much thought into packaging as they did into the product.
This fan fit my needs, and then some. First, please know that I do not overclock or do gaming on this PC, so I can't comment on how effective it would be for that type of use. I use it strictly as an HTPC to record and watch TV, stream netflix/Hulu, and convert recorded tv to a more manageable format (this is CPU intensive). For this application, my stock cooler would keep the temp at around 60C. I installed this cooler, and the temp has not gone above 40C since. Temp aside, the most important factor for me was noise level. YOU CAN NOT HEAR THIS FAN AT ALL. I put my head directly next to it to see if it was on. At about 3-4 inches a way, you can only hear it if you really concentrate and listen. Zero noise from across the room.
Installation was a little tricky. You will most likely need to remove the MB to secure the brackets to the backplate if you have an AMD chip, as I do.Read more ›
This heatsink fits (in two fan mode) within that clearance, with about 4-5mm to spare. This minimal clearance will require you to have a power supply with a large enough fan on the bottom to provide adequate airflow to the processor fan. This is not optimal if your PSU generates a lot of heat. I would highly recommend a very efficient PSU to accommodate this.
EDIT:: Wanted to add, this requires reversing your PSU fans as well. Even with them pulling opposite direction though, the performance was not bad at all.
Case: Thermaltake Armor A30
PSU: Corsair HX750W
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning
CPU: Intel i7-2600K
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1866
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z LGA1155 Z68 ROG
HDD: Adata S511 120GB SSD
Optical: Sony BWU-500S BD Burner
Mounted in setup #1, left to right, with heatpipes on the left(while facing the front of the case) drawing the heat away from my GPU backplate.
Using provided Noctua Thermal Compound using 5 dot method.
Not using provided low noise cables.
If you want scientific results, there are a dozen reviews up on websites across the net.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's big, and barely fit into my server. It was too big to fit into a second server that I have (the memory and other components were too tall to fit the fan). Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
awesome fans, very quiet. just get it if your comparing its this in your mini-itx build.Published 1 month ago by Rudy
This cooler didn't work well for me in this build. I'll hold onto it because it is a good cooler, and it may in my next build.Published 2 months ago by Thomas Whetsell
This is a very solid low profile cooler and comes with Noctua's fantastic mounting system. I built an XP machine for some of my old games and settled on the old Intel Pentium... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Nick
really great cooler. So my setup includes an i5 4690K overclocked to 4.2 GHz in a small ML07b mini itx case. Read morePublished 3 months ago by SB
Everything you need, works great in my HTPC, as well as much larger coolers I was using before.Published 4 months ago by W. M.
Great cooler. Used it with the Silverstone FTZ01 mini itx case, so I had to use a different fan on top since there was clearance issues. Read morePublished 4 months ago by David
After switching to this fan, my PC is not only running cooler, but it is running allot quieter. For those with noisy fans, I would recommend this as an a replacement.Published 4 months ago by Ron Simmons