|Item model number||NH-U14S|
|Item Weight||2.06 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||5.91 x 3.07 x 6.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||5.91 x 3.07 x 6.5 inches|
|Computer Memory Type||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||April 8, 2013|
Noctua NH-U14S, Premium CPU Cooler with NF-A15 140mm Fan (Brown)
|Power Connector Type||4-Pin|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Award-winning, slim 140mm single-tower design combines outstanding cooling performance with superb quietness of operation and excellent RAM compatibility
- Does not overhang the RAM slots on LGA2066 and LGA2011 motherboards, ensuring full compatibility with tall modules
- Highly optimised NF-A15 140mm fan with PWM support and Low-Noise Adaptor for automatic speed control and ultra-quiet operation
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA1200, LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD AM4, AM3(+), AM2(+), FM2(+)
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 10900K, 10700K, 10600K, 10980XE) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 3950X, 3900X, 3700X, 3600X)
Frequently bought together
Top trending products related to this item
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The NH-U14S is the 14cm top model of Noctua’s classic U-series single tower CPU coolers, which have received more than 400 awards and recommendations from the international press. While the large, six heatpipe design and the NF-A15 140mm fan with PWM support for fully automatic speed control allow the cooler to best the renowned quiet cooling performance of all other U-series coolers, its 52mm slim shape still assures full compatibility with tall RAM modules on LGA2011/LGA2066. Topped off with the trusted, pro-grade SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system and Noctua’s proven NT-H1 thermal compound, the NH-U14S is a complete premium quality solution that combines superb performance, high compatibility and quiet operation.
Reasonable size for better overall compatibility
Standing 165mm tall, the NH-U14S is short enough to fit most modern high-end cases. Measuring 150mm wide (including fan and fan clips), the NH-U14S provides better compatibility with SLI and CrossFire setups as compared to tower coolers that are wider than 150mm or use fans wider than 150mm.
Full RAM compatibility on LGA20xx
With its 52mm slim design tailor-made for LGA20xx (LGA2066 & LGA2011), the NH-U14S will not overhang the RAM slots on this platform, thus ensuring full compatibility with tall memory modules. On some LGA115x and AMD motherboards, the front fan may overhang the first RAM slot, so standard height RAM (up to 32mm) should be chosen when using the first slot.
NF-A15 140mm PWM Fan
The NF-A15 is a premium quality quiet 140mm fan with a round frame that complies with Noctua's AAO standard. Featuring sophisticated aerodynamic design measures such as Flow Acceleration Channels, the NF-A15 further improves the renowned quiet cooling performance of the award-winning NF-P14.
SecuFirm2 mounting system
Noctua's SecuFirm2 mounting systems have become synonymous with quality, safety and ease of use. Supporting Intel LGA1200, LGA115x (LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156), LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD (AM4, AM3+, AM2+, FM1, FM2, FM2+), the SecuFirm2 mounting included with the NH-U14S ensures perfect contact pressure and maximum convenience on all current sockets.
- Height (without fan): 165mm
- Width (without fan): 150mm
- Depth (without fan): 52mm
- Height (with fan): 165mm
- Width (with fan): 150mm
- Depth (with fan): 78mm
- Weight (without fan): 770g
- Weight (with fan/s): 935g
Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminium (cooling fins), soldered joints & nickel plating
Scope of delivery:
- NF-A15 PWM premium fan
- Low-Noise Adaptor (L.N.A.)
- NT-H1 high-grade thermal compound
- SecuFirm2 Mounting Kit
- Anti-vibration pads and fan-clips for second NF-A15 (optional)
- Noctua Metal Case-Badge
140x150x25 (with 120mm mounting holes), 140x140x25 (with 120mm mounting holes), 120x120x25
Dual Fan Ready
For users who want to achieve even better performance by adding a second, optional NF-A15 fan to create a push/pull setup, the NH-U14S includes fan clips and an extra set of custom-designed anti-vibration pads that allow to off-set the rear fan by 5mm to improve acoustics in dual-fan mode.
|NH-U14S||NH-U14S TR4-SP3||NH-U14S DX-3647|
|LGA2011-0 & LGA2011-3||✓||X||X|
|LGA115x (LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156)||✓||X||X|
|LGA775 & LGA1366||with NM-I3||X||X|
|Xeon LGA2011 Narrow ILM / Xeon LGA1366 & LGA1356||X||X||X|
|AM2(+), AM3(+), FM1, FM2 (+)||✓||X||X|
|sTRx4, TR4 & SP3||X||✓||X|
Compare with similar items
Noctua NH-U12S, Premium CPU Cooler with NF-F12 120mm Fan (Brown)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Coolor, Silencio FP120 Fan, 4 CDC 2.0 Heatpipes, Anodized Gun-Metal Black, Brushed Nickel Fins for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA1200/1151
Noctua NF-A14 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (140mm, Brown)
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4, Premium CPU Cooler for AMD AM4 (Brown)
Scythe Fuma 2 CPU Air Cooler, Intel LGA1151, AMD AM4/Ryzen, 120mm Dual Towers, Black Top Cover
|Sold By||Noctua Cooling Solutions||Noctua Cooling Solutions||Amazon.com||Noctua Cooling Solutions||Noctua Cooling Solutions||Scythe Inc|
|Item Dimensions||5.91 x 3.07 x 6.50 inches||6.22 x 1.77 x 4.92 inches||4.70 x 3.10 x 6.30 inches||5.51 x 0.98 x 5.51 inches||4.92 x 2.80 x 6.22 inches||51.57 x 60.83 x 53.94 inches|
|Item Weight||2.06 lbs||1.28 lbs||2.06 lbs||7.05 ounces||1.76 lbs||2.20 lbs|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this to replace a Hyper 212 cooler that was incapable of cooling my Ryzen 1700 @4ghz. I have tried the following coolers on this CPU:
Hyper 212 EVO
DeepCool GAMMAX 400
CoolerMaster MA610P RGB
Corsair H100i GTX (v2)
None of those coolers allowed stable operation of my Ryzen 1700 when overclocked to 4.0ghz @ 1.4375v. Ryzen is temperature sensitive when overclocked, while 80c @ 3.8ghz is just fine, the higher the clock the lower the max stable temp. I found that when clocked at 4ghz, my CPU is only stable up to 74c. None of those other coolers were able to keep my chip under 75c at max load.
Only the Noctua NHU14S did. At max load under a synthetic stress test or rendering workload my CPU temp maxes out at 72c, and is completely stable for 24/7 operation. During gaming sessions the max recorded temp is 60c. Adding to that the ease of installation and this cooler is the absolute best I have ever owned. I set a max fan speed of 80% in my BIOS and even at full load the computer is still virtually silent, with only the faintest hum audible.
I would strongly recommend this case to anyone who doesn't want liquid cooling but may want to overclock their processor. Just make sure your case and motherboard will accomodate it as it is truly a beast, I've added a pic of it in comparison to the Hyper 212 that it replaced.
Temps are as good or better than my H100i V2 even overclocked to 4.8 GHZ on all cores, I never see higher than 64-65C. Stop wondering, stop looking for reviews and just buy it. You are truly getting the best of the best made by a company who has built a reputation for extremely reliable and excellent products. The included fan is backed up by a SIX YEAR WARRANTY, and Noctua is also known for sending out free mounting hardware for new socket designs that get released.
I will never go back to water cooling, and I'm left wondering why I bothered with it in the first place. Noctua just earned another lifelong customer.
Installed this cooler (very easy install) and was surprised to see my idle temps drop 3c and stress temps drop 5-7c below anything I had been able to achieve with liquid. And no more worries about water damage to my rig or pump failure! Oh, and it costs $37 less.
Also, this cooler is just as silent as the H100i. Coming from liquid I did not like the slight whir of the fans spinning up and down doing normal tasks when my room is really quiet. Speed Fan solve that. I could not get custom fan curves to work properly so I set the fans to a fixed speed. CPU at 50% (800 rpm) and the case fans at 40% (650 rpm). What stunned me was that transcoding video or Prime 95 only shows a 2-3c difference if I increase all fans to 100%. Apparently the large heatsink plus the airflow from my case fans is enough. I even tested turning off the CPU fans altogether and idle temps only went to 29c and transcoding video to 54c, and that's with the cooler's fans blocking airflow since they are stopped!
It should last practically forever. At most I'll have to replace the fans at some point, though my experience with Noctua case fans is they just never stop or get loud.
It is BIG, though it does not overhang the ram slots or any PCI slot on my board. If ram slots are a problem the fan can be moved into a pull position. People report similar cooling. Measure carefully or check Noctua's site for compatibility. If it's too big try Noctua's NH-U9S. I'll be putting one of those into a planned HTPC.
I couldn't resist adding a second fan for push/pull. Runs about 2-3 degrees cooler. Probably not worth the extra cost but it doesn't hurt and the cooler is still silent.
Top reviews from other countries
1. It fit very well on my motherboard. Before buying it, I was fearing that there might be a problem with the RAM dimms but fortunately there wasn’t any. The RAM sockets on my Asus Deluxe motherboard are placed just enough away from the CPU socket so that this Noctua fan can sit all the way down and be next to the closest RAM DIMM instead of above it.
2. If my motherboard's RAM sockets were any closer to the CPU socket the fan of this cooler would be sitting above them. And despite having low profile RAM dimms (Corsair Vengeance) if the fan had been above the RAM it wouldn’t be able to go all the way down and I would be forced to have the fan slightly lifted upwards instead (or install it on the other side of the cooling tower - although this is a suboptimal configuration too).
3. It is a tall cooler but it did fit well in my mid-tower PC case. If you have any of the Fractal Design Define S, R4 or R5 models you will be fine.
4. I would prefer the colour of the fan to be black, instead of poop brown but my PC case is a closed one so I don't mind it.
5. The build quality is premium and you also get 6 years warranty.
6. The packaging is premium.
7. You get a very good thermal paste.
8. I used to have the Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo (which costs £25) installed in my system before. With the EVO 212 I was able to achieve a good moderate overclock on my Intel i7 CPU. With the same overclock settings, the Noctua managed to reduce the temperature by about 5˚C on each core. Now, after increasing the clock frequency by 200Mhz and the voltage by 0.07V, I am getting the same temps as I used to get previously with the moderate overclock and Evo 212.
9. At same overclock settings it is quieter than the EVO 212. At same temperatures it is still quieter than the EVO 212.
10. Very easy installation. It didn't require me to take the motherboard out of the case in order to install it. And the instruction manual was very good too.
11. If in the future you upgrade your motherboard to one the CPU socket of which doesn't exist at the tie of purchase, you can contact Noctua and they will send you the appropriate bracket. So when I upgrade my PC I will re-install the EVO 212 back to my current system and install this Noctua on the new one (after Noctua sends me the appropriate bracket).
If you are building a new PC and you plan to overclock it then definitely spend £27 more and buy this cooler over the EVO 212 (especially if your case is a non-windowed one and you don’t care about colour aesthetics). Even if you already have an 212 EVO (or something equivalent to it) installed on your system, you can still buy this and install it on your current system now and benefit from it and when you build a new PC you can re-install the EVO 212 back to your current PC and install this Noctua on your new build (as Noctua will send you a new bracket for your future motherboard). Overall I think this cooler for £52 is a great product and the sweet spot between cooling performance, quality, acoustics, ease of installation, size and price.
ONE NOTE THAT NO REVIEWERS HAVE SAID IN THEIR YOUTUBE VIDEOS, IT COMES WITH AN X PLATE AND REQUIRES PUTTING ON THE BACK OF YOUR MOTHERBOARD!!
Instructions seem simple enough. Maybe a little confusion for a moment thinking its not going to sit right but it does look at the picture and that. I have the fan facing towards the ram because it pulls air onto the heatsink which then goes out the back of the case where the exhaust fan is at.
Honestly the stuff you get in the box and the quality. It also looks better in person i will recommend this everybody it is an absolute beauty and a beast. Very quiet very high quality. Once you go noctua you don't go back. Ignore your hate for the color scheme when you buy it, it doesn't look too bad. It may stick out if your all nit picky about colour schemes but nothing will serve you as good as a noctua.
Another note the U14s i think stands for 140mm this is the one 140 and the U12 will probably be 120mm this is the fan size. The 140 will generally give you slightly lower temps and/or less noise due to the amount of air it shifts.
It is a little on the big side check if you have room or just go without the side panel on the case like i did. Its not like its a bother.