|Item model number||NH-U9B SE2|
|Item Weight||1.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||3.8 x 3.7 x 4.9 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||3.75 x 3.74 x 4.92 inches|
Noctua Ultra Silent CPU Cooler Cooling NH-U9B SE2
|Price:||$59.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$10.00 (14%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Noctua's enthusiast grade SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting provides broad socket compatibility (LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA775, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1) and meets the highest demands in safety, performance and ease-of-use.
- Including two of Noctua's award-winning NF-B9 92mm fans with Low-Noise and Ultra-Low-Noise-Adaptors, the NH-U9B SE2 offers full flexibility in fine-tuning the cooler for supreme quietness and maximum performance in push-pull mode.
- Noctua's much-acclaimed NT-H1 is a pro-grade TIM solution that provides minimum thermal resistance, excellent ease-of-use and outstanding reliability.
- Bundled with a tube of NT-H1,two exquisite NF-B9 fans and the new SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system, the NH-U9B SE2 forms a complete premium quality package that's backed up and contains everything you need to achieve superb quiet cooling performance.
- Socket compatibility Intel LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA775, LGA2011 on request & AMD AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1 (backplate required)Height (without fan) 125 mm Width (without fan) 95 mm Depth (without fan)
- 71 mm Height (with fan) 125 mm Width (with fan) 95 mm Depth (with fan) 95/120* mm
- Weight (without fan) 460 weight (with fan) 550/640* material Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminum (cooling fins), soldered joints & nickel plating Fan compatibility 2x 92x92x25mmScope of Delivery 2x NF-B9 premium fan2x Ultra-Low-Noise Adaptor (U.L.N.A.)2x Low-Noise Adaptor (L.N.A.)Y-Split CableNT-H1 high-grade thermal compoundSecuFirm2 Mounting Kits
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
As I write this, the cooler is 4 feet from my head beside the desk, and I cannot hear it above a very gentle breeze outside.
Do be warned: the heatsink/fan combo is BIG, needs a large case, and can interfere with RAM access depending on the MoBo.
I am unable to remove/replace my RAM without removing this cooler, and I imagine it could interfere completely with the RAM slots on some MoBos.
Check the dimensions carefully, and be sure your computer case is large enough!
After pulling the old fan off and putting this one on, the difference in noise was tremendous. I can't hear anything running now and haven't had any overheating issues at all.
Weird analogy? Check.
This is my first after market HSF, I wanted something that was better than the stock AMD HFS, but at the same time not as loud. Noctua delivers. I'll make it quick:
- It cools. I noticed a a 7-10C drop.
- Quality, just by seeing the packaging and actually touching the product you know you got what you paid for.
- Near-silent. The fans are only 3-pin, not PWM. In reality you don't need the motherboard to control the fan(s) speed. Why? You can barely hear them. And if you do, you can use the adapters that come with the HFS to lower the RPM and the noise. I used the Low-Noise adapter and saw minimal changes in the overalll temperature.
- You might be able to find a cooling solution with a smaller footprint, but perhaps not with the same quality and/or performance.
- If you have AMD, you'll have to set up the fan(s) to draw air from the bottom of your case to the top. While this works, most people prefer to have it the "standard way" which is drawing air from the front to the back.*
- *You can order this Noctua NM-A90 Upgrade-Kit for NH-U12P SE2 and NH-U9B SE2 CPU coolers to set up the fans the other way.
- I got the free kit from Noctua. I taught that would help my CPU, but in fact added about 1-3C to the temperature. I changed back to the original orientation.
- If you're thinking "these are not as quiet as everyone else is saying", please check your other components, most likely your GPU, or case fans are louder than the Noctua fans.
- Colors, weird but not as bad as in the pictures.
One thing I didn't like was that I had to mount the fans on the top and bottom when I would have preferred to have the air flow going horizontally, but it wasn't a huge deal. Very happy with the product overall, and very reasonably priced!
Did not like the idea of pulling the motherboard back out to install this fan but wanted a quieter computer. Installation instructions and design was very good. Quality of components was excellent. This computer has never been this quiet. I also later upgraded the 120mm case fan to Noctua and that made it even more quiet but not the level of improvement that this Noctua cpu fan made. I would highly recommend this to any builders or those who have noisy cpu fans and want a quieter computer.
If you're too lazy to read:
Keeps it cool.
Comes with ultra low noise adapters, they're actually effective. (3 pin only)
Also, comes with a 3 pin splitter making you able to connect both fans to one 3 pin connector.
Cons: A bit big.
No PWM fans, this might be a problem to people that prefer higher RPMs when things get hotter.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It keeps things surprisingly cool. Slap this bad boy into a Corsair Air 240 (like I did for a friend's build) for some humorously tight clearance.Published 13 days ago by Ryan Nahas
Nice quality and it's great how it included the wiring for different speeds setting etc.Published 3 months ago by Morgan Timney
Nothing more to say, these are the biz. Have high profile ram, so clearance on ram side can be an issue. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Stephen To
So far so good.. Looks like a sturdy product. Fan is quiet and quality is there. Instructions were easy to use too. I'll definitely use Noctua in the future.Published 5 months ago by Ernest M.
Really pleased with this purchase. I bought it because the stock fan that came with my AMD FX-4130 was very loud and whiny, especially under load. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer