- File Size: 2927 KB
- Print Length: 318 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: July 20, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0744YYL57
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #626,733 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $9.00 (64%)
Nocturne In Ashes: A Riley Forte Suspense Thriller, Book One Kindle Edition
|Length: 318 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Nocturne In Ashes: A Riley Forte Suspense Thriller, Book One
Never miss a new release from Robert Dugoni
Follow Robert Dugoni for new book notifications, email exclusives and more. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This is a fast-paced, action thriller with a ton of suspense, distinct and memorable characters, and a unique setting. The main character, Riley Forte, is genuinely sympathetic with a passion for music that permeates the story and helps her to unravel her personal misery, even as she fights for her life. Short chapters with multiple points of view, including the killer and those who hunt him, help to maintain tension and make for a fast read. Lightly seasoned with potential romance and a mysterious secret organization, this book also holds the promise of possible sequels. I read the Kindle edition, though I much prefer hard copy reading, and found it well-formatted and easy to read. I thoroughly enjoyed this story.
I gave it 4 rather than 5 stars for two reasons:
1. Every chapter switches to a different characters Point of View. While she does an excellent job of letting you know whose view you are looking in at the beginning of the chapter; there is a cast of 7 or 8 people that we jump to, some more than others. For those which have less coverage I found myself struggling to remember who they were and what exactly they were in the process of doing when we left them a dozen chapters ago. There are 4 or 5 subplots going on which are all tied up in the end and masterfully told, but in the heat of the moment, when you are dropped into one or the other, it can be mildly confusing.
2. This is a Riley Forte novel. She is the main character as is made clear by the title and the wrap up of the story. However as I was reading this on Kindle, I only saw the cover a couple of times. I thought Nate, the detective was the central character of the story, until it was made clear at the end that this was the first of many possible novels. This is due to his assertiveness and confidence, as well as the fact that he is leading the hunt for our killer.
Overall an excellent read and one worth buying.