|Digital List Price:||$3.99|
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $12.99 (100%)
Nocturne (The Fourth Talisman Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Kindle Feature Spotlight
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Plot line: Really enjoyed the new story line and the world-building - I always loved Ancient Greece and Greek mythology so I was pleased to see that tied in.
2) Main Characters: I liked that Nazafareen is a strong and confident character who doesn't wallow in pity because of her missing hand or missing memories. She makes a decision and the goes forth and makes it happen. I also like her sarcasm and the way she describes things with a dry sense of humor.
3) Side Characters: I like the new characters, like Gerda (crazy old lady with a mean sense of humor) and Javid (ambitious young merchant who was in the wrong place at the wrong time). Moreover, what makes Ross such a great writer is that she writes complex bad guys. Culach in the previous trilogy was a pretty bad guy, but in this book, he is painted in a different light and you actually start feeling bad for the guy. I also like the romance that blossomed between him and Mina.
1) Lack of communication: I really didn't like that Darius and Nazafareen didn't communicate. I also didn't like that Darius is shutting out the past. I know he realizes this mistake, but it annoyed me that they are separated throughout this book because they didn't talk to each other.
2) Lack of romance: I love relationships, but the only touch of romance in this book is between Culach and Mina, which is nice, but honestly, I want Darius and Nazafareen back together ASAP. I hope there is more in the future books.
3) Victor is annoying and needs to be put in his place. And Delilah needs to take a chill pill and attempt smiling more. That's all I'm going to say about that...
4) Cliffhanger ending. Everyone is so close, yet so far apart. Fortunately, the next book will be out in February, so we don't have to wait too long!
Overall, I loved this installment and I look forward to many more. I would recommend these books for anyone who likes the books by Sarah Maas, Maria Snyder, Kelly St. Clare, Alex Lidell, April White, and Lindsay Buroker.
This is how much I am excited for Nocturne!
It feels like I waited for so so sooooo long but I can finally breathe again since I have another series with Nazafareen and Darius. If you do not know what I am talking about and are new here, then I need to make you fully aware of my obsession with Kat’s books. It all started with The Midnight Sea and the Fourth Element series; and my regular readers have likely read the reviews for all 3 books.
Now with Nocturne, we are back with my girl not too long after Queen of Chaos‘s ending and we take it from there. I do not want to go outright and say that you have to have read the Fourth Element series to enjoy Nocturne and I am guessing the 2 more books that will come after but it will sure help giving you a lot of background info to understand what is going on.
Honestly, just go and start with The Midnight Sea and I promise you that you will not regret it!
Have I ever steered you wrong guys?
Nazafareen is not in great shape, she has lost quite a bit of her memories, Darius is not helping (men!!) and well the woman is antsy! Cannot blame her one bit! As usual, she finds herself caught in an adventure and finds herself in Delphi!
The Oracle is a true bitch and I do not like her one bit! Which is funny because I never thought of the Delphi oracles of more than poor girls, stuck in there likely high on some ancient drugs.
There are a lot of other things going on as well, but I will not share because you need to find out everything for yourself. However, I can tell you that I LOVED it! It is expected since I am a huge fan of Kat and her writing!
Do you ever get really attached to characters? I do and I have been hooked in this ancient world pretty much since the first pages in The Midnight Sea. Kat knows how to take us on an adventure and keep you totally sucked in.
I am an addict and not wanting to give up my addiction any time soon…
Nocturne is brilliant and Solis (book 2) is following soon and I will have the review for you here shortly! Trust me this is not a series you want to miss and I am so so happy 2018 is starting off with a bang like that!
Most recent customer reviews
It's like a 4.9 for me, and only because if I'd read just this book and not its predecessors, a...Read more