- Size (LWH): 9 inches, 4.13 inches, 7.8 inches
- Weight: 4.06 pounds
Nokia 500 4.3-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Take time out from your travel to enjoy music, movies, and photos with memory cards up to 16 GB
- Download your own phonebook, voice dial, and manage your calls from a compatible device.
- Get a clear view with the intuitive Nokia interface, large 4.3" touch screen
- Stay on course with turn-by-turn voice guidance combining Nokia Maps
- Communicate with excellent Bluetooth handsfree functionality, and digital signal processing (DSP)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I've updated the review dealing with the FM transmitter's signal quality as well as the clock being reset when using the bottom power switch and dialing from the unit when using BT speakerphone.
I recently purchased mine from another online vendor. This will be a long and fairly detailed review and in it I will clarify some issues that some people are having.
Powering up from standby works both under battery power mode or charging mode. All you need to do is hold down the top power button for about 2-3 seconds and let it go. To put it back into standby hold the top power button for the same amount of time. For everyday use, the top power button is very convenient and allows faster boot ups than using the bottom power switch which requires a pointed device to switch it on/off. Make note that if/when you use the BOTTOM power switch make sure you do not power off when the unit is in standby as it will reset the clock. Only power off when the unit is on and out of standby. This is only an issue with the BOTTOM power switch.
BT pairing only works on some phones not all phones...duh. There are different versions of BT as well as different BT profiles support so don't expect every phone to work with this Nokia 500. My LG CU500 pairs fine and the speaker phone works great, loud and clear. My contacts however would not upload since my phone does not support Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) so I have to initiate calls using my handset's phonebook. You could direct dial calls using the touchpad if you already know the phone number. You could also save 9 speedial numbers into the "favorites". When receiving calls I can answer using the Nokia via the touchscreen. The BT speaker phone can use the built-in speaker or your car stereo via the FM transmitter.Read more ›
1. The keyboard: It is an alphabetical keyboard but it autosearches for you as you go so you don't even have to type a whole address.
2. Fm Transmitter: Ok so it does turn off after one minute but really unless you are listening to music on it while your driving you don't need it and then it would stay on because you are using it.
3. Bluetooth: The bluetooth works great with the built in speaker and mic.
I don't know where to begin because this GPS is great. Honestly if I could find another one for the price I paid for this one I would buy it in a second.
1. Directions are dead on. It even names the ally way between my house and the ones behind me. I didn't even know they had names.
2. Has an auto search function that looks up where you are going before you finish typing.
3. Display is bright and easy to use. I have large fingers and the touch screen worked fantastic.
4. POI's fairly up to date but they all have some measure of old to them. Found everything I was looking for.
5. Bluetooth easy to hear and be heard on, so I've been told.
6. Ease of use. I didn't even read the manual and figured it out. Some people said it is hard to use but they probably can't even use the tv remote. All settings are easy to follow, menus are self explainitory.
I don't know what else to say unless you are a electronics lemon you will be able to use this and love it.
But it now.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I traveled around Europe this past summer. I used this Nokia GPS. Was soo awesome. I did not have to preload maps. It has the world map on it so was easy to get around. Read morePublished on December 22, 2011 by greatness
My GPS just stopped working after 1.5 years . :(it would not light up.
I have used it very moderately, and carefully. Read more
I bought this product for $90 from eBay. I bought it hoping that it will live up to the standards set by Nokia Maps that I've used on my Nokia N75 phone. Read morePublished on May 4, 2009 by Rahul Chaudhary
i bought this equipment 2 mounths ago... my comment is only 3 words it is sucks..... also it doesnot work and i couldnt connect repair service...Published on March 16, 2009 by Fatih Kaan AKYAR
I purchased this for $110. Great price for all this can do. I love the integration with the phone, it is an excellent speakerphone in the car with great noise cancelling results. Read morePublished on January 27, 2009 by R. Bilyk
So far very happy with the product for me it was a steal compared to everything else with the same features. Would definitely recommend!Published on January 20, 2009 by David Pereira
Summary: Many people complain about this GPS for little glitches it has, but if you forget the idea "you get what you pay for" for a moment and stop finding its flaws, it's really... Read morePublished on January 15, 2009 by Saurabh Upadhyay