Nokia C2-01.5 Unlocked GSM Phone with 3.2 MP Camera and Music and Video Player--U.S. Version with Warranty (Warm Silver)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- 3.2 MP camera with 4x digital zoom; view pics on the crystal clear 2 inch QVGA display
- Customize your device with apps from the Ovi Store, and stay connected with Nokia Messaging
- Inbox contents: Nokia C2-01 device, Nokia Battery (BL-5C), Nokia Compact Charger (AC-3), and Nokia Stereo Headset (WH-102)
- 3G, WCDMA0; 850/1900/2100 and 900/199/2100, and GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Unlocked quad-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 frequencies
- 3G-enabled candybar phone with easy access to e-mail and social networks, customize with apps from the Ovi Store
- 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth stereo music, microSD memory expansion to 16 GB, media player and FM radio
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Nokia C2-01 is not only attractive and affordable, it is also 3G capable, which provides a superior Internet browsing experience. Plus, 3G functionality makes it quick and easy to send emails, share pics and download apps. The device also offers a 3.2 megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom and video capabilities. View your pics and videos on the clear 2 inch QVGA display, and then share them via MMS, Facebook, email or instant messaging. You can even customize your device with apps and games (many of them for free) from the Ovi Store. And if you want to stay connected, it is easy with Nokia Messaging; this application is preloaded on your device and it makes it easy to set up your email so that your messages are automatically pushed to your device.
The attractive, 3G-capable unlocked Nokia C2-01 mobile phone gives you the power to connect with everyone important to you faster than ever. Surf the web, check email, capture and share pics and videos, update your status, and more.
Capture moments with the 3.2-megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom and video capability, then view your pics and videos on the clear 2-inch display and share them via MMS, Facebook or email. Customize your Nokia C2-01 with thousands of apps and games (many of them for free) from Ovi Store. Plus, listen to your favorite music with the built-in media player and FM radio.
This candybar-style phone also features memory expansion via optional microSD cards (up to 16 GB in size), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, Opera Mini browser for full web browsing of real web pages, access to personal e-mail, and up to 4.5 hours of 3G talk time.
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
Additionally, this phone can be paired with 850/1900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA 3G networks in the United States (as well as 2100 MHz 3G networks found around the world, including in Europe and Asia). When paired with a compatible 3G network, you'll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services--from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming, and take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive data service via EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
- Fast 3G connectivity on AT&T with broadband-like speeds via 850/1900/2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA (with EDGE data connectivity where 3G not available).
- 2-inch display (320 x 240 pixels, 262K color depth)
- Standard alpha-numeric keypad
- Series 40 operating system
- Preloaded applications including Facebook, Flickr, and Ovi Store
- 3.2-megapixel camera with extended depth of focus (EDOF), 4x digital zoom, white balance and color tone effect settings, and full-screen viewfinder.
- Video capture capabilities up to QCIF (176 x 144 pixels; 15 frames per second), clip length dependent on available memory, and 4x digital zoom.
- Music player compatible with MP3, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+ and WMA formats
- Video player compatible with MPEG-4, 3GPP: H.263 and H.264 formats
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- 46 MB internal memory
- SMS and MMS messaging with common inbox
- Instant messaging via popular services
- Personal e-mail services such as Gmail, Yahoo! mail and Hotmail
- Opera Mini browser optimizes web page rending for mobile devices and supports video streaming.
- Organizer tools including calendar, to-do list, notes, voice recorder, calculator, converter, and countdown timer
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- USB port for syncing and charging
- 3.5mm AV connector
The Nokia C2-01 weighs 3.14 ounces and measures 4.32 x 1.85 x 0.6 inches. Its 1020 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4.5 hours of 3G talk time, and up to 450 hours (18.75 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies.
What's in the Box
Nokia C2-01 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, stereo headset, quick start guide
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After a week, I am in love with this phone. It takes good-enough pictures, does Gmail pretty well, has great bluetooth connectivity, and plays my music. I can tether my iPad and computer to its data connection (AT&T) at no extra cost. The data connection is not fast but it gives me the web anywhere when I want it and, more importantly, its limited connectivity/non-touchscreenness helps me forget the web when I'm with my family.
As a former iPhone user, I used to make fun of people with feature phones. Now, it seems like I'm more aware of actual life when I'm out getting my pizza party on with the wife and kids. Instead of sitting face-down in some Facebook with stuff going on around me, my phone stays in my pocket and my attention stays on what's important.
It's not the phone for everyone, but it helps me be a better dad.
If you feel distracted by your technology, but still want to retain some connectivity (for work or even with other gadgets), this is not a bad choice. And it's cheap.
1) The Nokia phone seems crufty. And slow. It's not because of any defect in the function of the phone. It's just very far away from a modern design. It's my fault for thinking I could go home again, maybe.
2) There's a problem with email that people have been complaining about online for years with Nokia phones. It doesn't appear to have ever been answered. One can set up their Internet connectivity okay, but still be unable to make the Mail application return anything but "Communication error. Try again later." I can't get to the ovi store either. I can surf the web... that leaves me with webmail as an option. That's a really painful prospect on this tiny screen with its clunky interface.
3) When you go from an iPhone to something else using the same phone number, your iPhone (iMessage) friends won't be able to send you messages on your new phone. I haven't figured out how to fix this, though I've tried a number of online recommendations, including unregistering the iPhone.
If I conquered the email issue and the iMessage stickiness, I'm not sure it would be enough to make me feel good about my phone experiment. As a minimum, I will swap the phone numbers back. Will there be any point to keeping the Nokia phone then? Probably not.
UPDATE >> I hunted and pecked until I figured out the solution to the email problem/ovi store problem. Once you've got Internet connectivity through the web browser, go back into SETTINGS/CONFIGURATION/PERSONAL CONFIG/Options/New -> Access Point. Under Bearer Settings, type the name you chose for the Web (internet) access. Back out and activate the new 'access point.' Mail and Ovi should work. I was able to set the phone up for my Google Apps gmail account with no problem -- just by entering the email address and password. I did end up swapping the numbers back. I kept the Nokia phone as a second, unneeded line.
Size - Small enough to easily fit in your pocket.
Battery life - Very good. I can usually go about 5 days between charges. Previous phones I have owned usually lasted about 3 days.
Camera - It takes very nice pictures if the light is good and you hold it still.
Data - It is easy to connect to a computer with a micro USB cable (not included) to access the microSDHC flash memory card (not included). I recommend buying both a micro USB cable and a microSDHC flash memory card when you buy this phone.
Samsung USB Home Travel Charger with Detachable Micro USB Cable for Galaxy S 4G T959V, Vibrant Plus, Vibrant 4G
AmazonBasics 8 GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter
Buttons - The buttons have a nice feel. They are good for the occasional text message. The predictive text works pretty well for typing with only 10 keys.
Media player - You can load MP3s on this phone and play them through the included earphones. It also plays FM radio. You can also select MP3s as ring tones.
Charging - Charging can be done using the included adapter or through the micro USB cable.
Compatibility - I use T-Mobile pre paid. I put my SIM card in, and the phone worked right away. It will not send pictures, but I have read that you can contact T-Mobile to enable picture send if you want it. Since pictures cost $.25 each to send, I choose to keep this feature disabled and upload any pictures directly to my PC.
Nokia Suite software - This is my only complaint about this phone. This software is confusing and difficult to use. It will allow you to put some extra games on the phone, but many of the games will not work without a data plan. Downloading music and backing up the phone is not intuitive. The software needs a Windows Explorer type interface to show you exactly what is on the phone, and it needs a simple copy & paste feature. It also does not provide access to data on the SIM card, so you cannot get a simple list of your contacts.
Overall, this is a great replacement for the old phone that came with my T-Mobile pre paid plan.