Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Powered by Bing, Cortana is the worldÃ†s first truly personal smartphone assistant. Like a real assistant, sheÃ†ll get to know you.
Nokia Lumia 1520 Product Overview
The Nokia Lumia 1520 puts more in your pocket with a six-inch, full HD display, 20 megapixel PureView camera, and powerful quad-core 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 800 processor to power you through from day to night, making your day seamless for work, play, and everything else in between.
Its sleek and thin frame at only 8.7 mm thick makes it easy take your day with you wherever you go. Powered by Windows Phone 8, it is designed with you front and center to offer you more than a smartphone: It’s your personal creative tool to keep you inspired, connected, and productive on the go.
See more, Do more.
With a six-inch, super-sensitive, full HD display and great readability in sunlight, the Nokia Lumia 1520 is the perfect canvas to tell your story on. Get the most out of your day with a 3400 mAh battery that can withstand 24 hours of talk time and up to 32 days on standby, leaving you worry-free to tackle all your favorite apps, documents, and games while leaving the charger at home. The battery and display also give you a better gaming experience, making games look and play better on the large screen while loading faster and running smoother with the powerful processor.
Tell Better Stories
Nokia Lumia 1520 is perfect for being creative on the go without limits. It features a unique combination of creative, hands-on tools like Nokia Camera, Nokia Storyteller, and an amazing 20 MP PureView camera that embraces creativity whenever and wherever. Ensure that each photo is the way you want it using Nokia Camera with the ability to manually adjust focus, ISO, shutter speed, white balance and exposure. Take advantage of the ability to reframe and recrop high-resolution photos to create a new story every time with options to add captions and explore a whole range of creative effects and filters with exclusive photo editing tools. With Nokia Storyteller – a Nokia exclusive for Lumia 1520 – tell your stories the way they’re meant to be told and by sharing and organizing photos into events using interactive HERE maps.
Fit for Business
Unlike other smartphones, Nokia Lumia 1520 features built-in Microsoft Office to view and edit Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, and OneNote documents on the go with ease without losing any original formatting. Be productive and keep your creative streak going with the ability to secure important files right in your pocket. The large screen is perfect for viewing documents, keeping up with news on the web, or reading books and magazines. Stay connected with Microsoft Exchange, Lync, and SkyDrive with the option to save documents and return to them whenever it suits you, as well as enterprise-level security to give you peace of mind.
More Apps Powered by Windows Phone 8
Let Nokia Lumia and Windows Phone show you the difference in smartphones. Powered by you with the people and things you care about, it’s as personal and unique as you are with you at the driver’s seat. Windows Phone 8 is built to work seamlessly with Windows PCs, tablets, and Xbox consoles so that files, music, pictures, and videos can be conveniently accessed however you want. Discover over 190,000 apps that are powered by Windows Phone to give you the best experience a smartphone can give.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here are few things I feel great about this phone:
1. The system is fast and smooth - hardly feel delay when switch apps.
2. Integration with Office makes open email attachment so convenient and productive
3. Photos took by the camera are crispy clear and I have not tried to adjust the settings yet.
4. Live tile, man, I love live tile. With a 6 inch screen and adjustable tile size, all my calendar appointments, the weather, the battery usage, the news app I installed, all dynamically displays like music. A quick glance and I know what is going on and what I will up to, no app launch is needed!
5. The voice enabled Nokia GPS drive is accurate, clear and LOUD, it will retire all your GPS device forever.
6. If you use Skydrive, the integration with Skydrive is really smooth and seamless.
7. Battery performance is exceeding my expectation. With LTE or WIFI (I even don't know which I am using now), after a relatively heavy 2~3 hour web usage and a full day random use, I can still have 50% power left by the end of the day.
Now are few things I don't feel great about:
1. I really want to have the App/function to automatically mute my phone in working/sleeping hours but seems it is not supported on Windows phone
2. The phone is big as we know, so one hand dial is virtually impossible. If you are driving, even pick up the call will be a problem with one hand(I know, I know, don't drive and .....)
3. I still wish I can have those missed Apps I had on Android, comparing those app I installed on Galaxy Note (about 20 of them), I found all my apps in Windows Phone App store except 3 are not available.
btw, anyone want to jump to windows phone, you can check here for available windows phone apps: [...] then you can decide if some critical Apps are missing when you switch the ship.
* This phone has one of the best battery life, it has a huge 3400 mAh battery, and i generally have 50-60% left at the end of day (1)
* This phone has one of the best screens. Full HD 1080p and the best outdoor visibility (2)
* The second best camera in any phone right now, best being lumia 1020. 20MP camera which takes great photos in low light and OIS makes photos/videos crisp. OIS (optical Image stabilization) means the lens uses mechanical ball bearing and magnetically powered motors for stabilization during photo as well as video. Or put more simply the lens moves in the opposite direction to compensate for any small hand movements/vibrations to make the photo/video more stable.
* To my knowledge, only two smartphones right now can shoot photos in RAW/DNG ( Lumia 1020 and Lumia 1520 ) (3)
* One of the loudest and best speakers on any phone. No need to buy the small $100 portable bluetooth speakers, because the speakers on this phone are loud enough.
* The best innovation in this phone is audio recording. Phone has 4 HAAC microphones, and allows directional audio capture for the best noise free recordings of events (4)
* Nokia owns the Here Maps(Navteq) so you can download offline maps for anywhere in the world for free. Thats right, you have a worldwide GPS with the up-to-date maps. No need to use crazy amount of cellular data while using google maps or worrying about losing navigation when there is no data connection far from cities
* I use my smartphone to check time, but hate clicking the power button every time. Lumia 1520 comes with Glance screen which is always on, shows time and notifications without touching the device. Uses only 4-5% extra battery a day.
* Another Lumia exclusive feature is double tap to wake, comes in very handy while phone is sitting on your desk.
* In cold weather ability to use your phone with any gloves, also comes in very handy versus buying special gloves for most other phones.
This is a large phone, so be mindful of the size before u order. It fits comfortably in my pocket(even jeans), and my hand ( I dont have giant hands). I picked my wife's iphone 4 recently and it felt like a flip phone. Its amazing how quickly we adapt, whats normal to us changes quick. I am of the opinion a large display phone (phtablet) is better than owning two separate devices (phone and tablet).
Almost everyone who sees my phone makes a comment, but i have noticed that only iphone users are generally almost hostile about the size of Lumia 1520. iphone users think owning an iphone is cool, but in reality something that 50% of the population owns cannot be cool by definition. I am not saying owning a Nokia makes you cool automatically but an iphone is def not cool anymore. Also, many of these iphone users might run to buy a bigger phone when apple makes one (5)
Android is a great option too but I wouldn't buy an android phone because of the malware issue (6) and in general of google poilcies, in Eric Schmidt's own words (7)
So to wrap up i think this is one of the best smartphones hardware wise and Windows Phone is a great OS, so if you are in the market for a new phone give this a try, go to your local At&T store play with it and more competition means us the consumer wins.
Links from above: