Nokia N900 Unlocked Phone/Mobile Computer with 3.5-Inch Touchscreen, QWERTY, 5 MP Camera, Maemo Browser, 32 GB - U.S. Version with Full Warranty
- This unlocked cell phone is compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile. Not all carrier features may be supported. It will not work with CDMA carriers like Verizon Wireless, Alltel and Sprint.
- Optimized for WCDMA 900/1700/2100, Quad-band EGSM 850/900/1800/1900, Optimized for 3G networks on WCDMA 900/1700/2100 Quad-band EGSM, 850/900/1800/1900. Does not support 3G on AT&T network.
- Mobile computer with full cellular voice and messaging capabilities, 3.5-inch touchscreen display, slide-out full QWERTY keyboard, and powerful Maemo 5 operating system
- 5-megapixel camera/camcorder; GPS for navigation and location services; Wi-Fi networking; Bluetooth stereo music; digital media player; personal and corporate email
- What's in the Box: handset, battery, travel charger, stereo headset (WH-205), video out cable (CA-75U), cleaning cloth, operating instructions
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, Straight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon, Boost or Virgin.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Enjoy fast application processing and multitasking on a live Dashboard. ARM Cortex-A8 600MHz and total available application memory up to 1GB (256MB RAM + 768 MB virtual memory) Experience the full web with Maemo browser. Browser powered by Mozilla technology, full flash 9.4 and AJAX support. Personalize your own panorama desktop on the 3.5 Inch 800x480 pixel touch screen. Fast wireless broadband. WiFi and HSPA data 10/2.0 Mbps. Chat with voice calls, internet calls, instant messages and SMS. Merge your phone book, Skype contacts and other contacts into an all-in-one address book. Share your status, location and mood with your friends. Keep multiple IM and SMS conversations going and move easily between them. Email on the go with rich HTML and full QWERTY keyboard, Pre-installed Nokia Messaging that mobilizes up to 10 personal email accounts. Take high quality photos and wide screen videos using the 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics. Tag photos with keyword cloud to best describe the moment and find them easily later on. See where photos were taken with the automatic geotagging. Share to Ovi Share & Flickr or store in the massive 32 GB internal storage.
Update your Nokia N900 with the latest software.
Combining a mobile computer, cell phone, high-quality camera, and portable media player into a single device, the Nokia N900 unlocked cell phone offers fast 3G connectivity, global roaming capabilities, and a wealth of messaging capabilities to keep you in touch with family, friends, and business associates wherever you roam. It runs the new Linux-based Maemo operating system, which brings the benefits of your PC to your mobile world. Enjoy fast application processing and multitasking on the N900's live dashboard--a panoramic home screen that can be fully personalized with favorite shortcuts, widgets, and applications--and experience the full web with the Maemo browser and high-speed wireless broadband connectivity. It's all accessed via the N900's 3.5-inch high-resolution touchscreen as well as the device's slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
The Nokia N900 mobile computer/cell phone features a 3.5-inch touchscreen as well as slide-out full QWERTY keyboard. Learn about all the N900's features in this Nokia Demo Guide PDF.
The quad-band Nokia N900 GSM/EDGE phone makes it easy to roam globally and stay in touch with voice and text messaging, and this model is also ready to run on 3G networks both in the US and internationally (900/1700/2100 MHz HSPA), enabling fast downloads and streaming multimedia while on the go. It also includes integrated Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11b/g) for accessing open networks at work, home, and on the road from a variety of wireless hotspots. You'll also be able to connect to a wide variety of peripherals--including stereo headphones--with the Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) capabilities.
With the integrated A-GPS sensor, the device intuitively understands where it is, giving you the ability to search maps for addresses and points of interest using the Ovi Maps application and route a path to your destination.Learn about all the N900's features in this Nokia Demo Guide PDF.
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
When paired with a compatible 3G network, you'll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services--from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming--and be able to take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive data service via EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos, and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
Taking its cues from the world of desktop computing, the open source, Linux-based Maemo software delivers a PC-like experience on a handset-sized device.
- Fast 3G connectivity with broadband-like speeds via 900/1700/2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA.
- Integrated assisted GPS (A-GPS) receiver for navigation using the Ovi Maps application as well as for geotagging photos and accessing location services used by popular social networking sites. Switch between rich 3D, satellite and hybrid map views.
- 3.5-inch touchscreen display with built-in accelerometer and 800 x 480-pixel resolution. (Learn more)
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard as well as virtual onscreen keyboard. Speed your typing up further with smart on-screen features and word completion.
- Maemo 5 software and user interface with direct touch logic, 3D accelerated graphics, and multi-window multitasking menu logic. (Learn more)
- 5-megapixel Carl Zeiss autofocus camera with dual LED flash and sliding lens cover for protection and camera activation. (Learn more)
- Capture WVGA 16:9 video in higher than DVD resolution.
- Digital audio and video playback with multi-format compatibilities plus TV output (cable included) and FM radio.
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits. (Learn more)
- Wi-Fi networking for accessing the Internet from home, corporate and hotspot networks (802.11b/g); includes WEP, WPA, WPA2 security protocols.
- 32 GB internal memory expandable up to 48 GB via optional microSD cards (up to 16 GB in size).
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS, mobile instant messaging (with presence-enhanced contacts), personal and corporate email (with support for Exchange and viewing attachments).
- Easily set up multiple email accounts with support for popular email providers.
- Keep multiple SMS & IM conversations going and move easily between them.
- Mozilla-powered full HTML browser with support for Adobe Flash player and ability to keep multiple web windows open.
- Organizer tools including calendar, clock, notes, calculator, and sketch
- Full range of applications including Ovi Maps, PDF reader, and RSS reader
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
The Nokia N900 weighs 6.38 ounces (with 1320 mAh lithium-ion battery) and measures 4.37 x 2.35 x 0.77 inches. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as the 900/1700/2100 MHz HSPA 3G frequencies.
When you're ready to start typing email or text/instant messages, just flip the N900 on its left side and slide the face up to reveal the full QWERTY keyboard with predictive typing capabilities. The display pivots to an angle that makes it easy to read the screen while you're typing. The N900 also includes a kickstand that enables you to place the device on a desk or airplane's seatback table to watch videos.
The Nokia N900 has 32 GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 48 GB via optional microSD cards (up to 16 GB in size).
The Nokia N900 packs a powerful ARM Cortex-A8 processor, with up to 1GB of application memory and OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics acceleration. The result is PC-like multitasking, allowing many applications to run simultaneously. Switching between applications is simple, as all running content is constantly available through the dashboard. The panoramic home screen can be fully personalized with favorite shortcuts, widgets, and applications. Thanks to the browser powered by Mozilla technology, web sites look the way they would on any computer. Online videos and interactive applications are vivid with full Adobe Flash 9.4 support. Maemo software updates happen automatically over the Internet.
Tag photos with keywords to easily find them later on with a keyword cloud display, and see where your images were taken with the automatic geotagging. The camera offers an auto-focus Carl Zeiss lens with two-stage capture key, dual LED flash, and JPEG/EXIF still image file format. Other features include a full-screen viewfinder, dedicated camera key, sliding lens cover for protection and camera activation, and a photo editor. Upload your photos and videos to Ovi Share and share them online with friends and family.
The N900 can also capture videos in a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio at 800 x 480 pixels and 30 frames per second (fps). Additionally, the N900 includes a VGA camera on the front for use of video calling services (dependent upon carrier; additional charges applicable).
After shooting photos and videos, you can connect the N900 to an external monitor or TV (NTSC/PAL) using the included cable, and control playback via UPNP (WLAN supported).
In addition to the integrated hands-free speakerphone, this phone provides the latest version of Bluetooth connectivity--version 2.1 + EDR--which makes pairing with an optional headset, as well as other Bluetooth-enabled devices, a snap. It includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and phonebook access. And with the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
Bluetooth profiles include: A2DP (stereo music streaming), AVRC (remote control), HFP (hands-free car kits), HSP (communication headsets), FTP (file transfer), OPP (object push for business cards, calendar items, and pictures)
- Up to 32 GB internal storage
- Total available application memory up to 1 GB (256 MB RAM, 768 MB virtual memory)
- Supported protocols: Mail for Exchange, IMAP, POP3, SMTP
- SMS and instant messages organized as conversations
- Support for Nokia Messaging service
- Instant messaging and Presence-enhanced contacts
- Multiple number, email, and Instant Messaging details per contact, and contacts with images
- Integrated hands-free stereo speakers
- Logging of dialed, received, and missed calls
- Speed dialing via contact widget
- Ring tones: .wav, .mp3, .AAC, .eAAC, .wma
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) with WEP, WPA, WPA2 security; designed for continuous TCP/IP connectivity
- Capability to serve as data modem via USB connection
- Music playback file formats: .mp3, .wma, .aac, .m4a, .wav
- Video playback file formats: .mp4, .avi, .wmv, .3gp; codecs: H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV, H.263
- Video streaming: H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV, H.263 in .avi, .mp4, .wmv, .asf, and .3gp containers
- TV out (NTSC/PAL) with Nokia Video Connectivity Cable (CA-75U, included)
- FM radio (requires headset to be attached) and FM transmitter
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now, it's main value would be as a portable device running a very vanilla flavor of linux. If you need to mobilize some software written for linux without porting it to Android, there's a good chance you could deploy to this device without many changes (assuming you have ARM binaries). And if you can't, it's easily capable of X11 forwarding over ssh. The flip out keyboard is great for emergency command-line work, and the cell-connectivity works well.
It all adds up to an internet connected linux device running X11 in your pocket anywhere. If you have this specific need, there likely isn't an easier solution. you can literally fire up the terminal and forward X11 over ssh out-of-the-box!
This phone was.. Magic. It was truly ahead of its time and ahead of the curve, and it is very very unfortunate that it lost support from Nokia so soon after its inception.
I have only fond memories of this thing- Maemo worked wonderfully (for the most part), skype integration was nothing short of a miracle, facebook and IM integration was amazing, and just thinking about how I used to fiddle with the device's software gives me that lovely little rush that it used to give me back in the day. Decent camera, great multimedia capabilities and a great keyboard (man, I miss that).
This thing was with me for about 3.5 years until it got stolen on a backpacking trip to Vietnam. It was a great little phone, and I really, truly wish there was a contemporary version of it.
If you used it today, though, you might not be impressed- it's 800MHz processor is not very impressive compared to other flagships and its operating system has all but fallen from grace.
Still, it used to be a kick ass phone, and that's how I'd always remember it.