- Size (LWH): 7.28 inches, 7.68 inches, 2.17 inches
- Weight: 0 ounces
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 7.2 hours
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 320 hours
Nokia N97 mini 8 GB Unlocked Phone - U.S. Version with Full U.S. Warranty (Black)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Unlocked quad-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 frequencies and US/International 3G compatibility via 850/900/1900/2100 UMTS/HSDPA plus GPRS/EDGE capabilities
- Smaller version of N97 with 3.2-inch touch-enabled screen and flip-out QWERTY keyboard; GPS with free Ovi Maps navigation; Nokia Navigation Accessory Kit
- 5-megapixel camera/camcorder with Carl Zeiss optics; Wi-Fi networking; Bluetooth stereo music; 8 GB internal memory; expandable via microSD (up to 16 GB)
- Up to 7.17 hours of GSM talk time (4 hours on 3G networks), up to 320 hours (13-plus days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: Handset, Nokia Navigation Accessory Kit (mobile charger, mobile holder, holder easy mount), rechargeable battery, charger, connectivity cable, wired headset, cleaning cloth, quick start guide
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The N97 Mini's face slides open at an ergonomic angle for easy viewing while typing on the full QWERTY keyboard.
Capture high-resolution photos and DVD-quality video using the 5-megapixel digital camera.
And the N97 Mini comes with a Nokia Navigation Accessory Kit, which includes a mobile charger and Nokia mobile holder with easy mount that enables you to mount the N97 Mini to your dash or window.
The N97 Mini includes 8 GB of on-board storage and is expandable via optional microSD memory cards (up to 16 GB in size). It also includes integrated Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11b/g) for accessing open networks at work, home, and on the road from a variety of wireless hotspots. You'll also be able to connect to a wide choice of peripherals--including stereo headphones--using the Bluetooth 2.0 with Enahnced Data Rate (EDR) capabilities.
The 5-megapixel camera offers high-quality Carl Zeiss optics, 16:9 and DVD-quality video capture, and support for services like Share on Ovi for immediate sharing over HSDPA and WLAN. Other features include an easily customizable home screen, access to both personal and corporate e-mail, Quickoffice document viewers, TV-out capability for displaying photos and videos on external televisions, stereo FM radio, USB 2.0 connectivity, and up to 7.17 hours of GSM talk time (4 hours when using 3G networks).
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider, and it offers quad-band connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz). It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
Additionally, this phone can be paired with 850/1900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA 3G networks in the United States (as well as 900/2100 MHz 3G networks found around the world, including in Europe and Asia). When paired with a compatible 3G network, you'll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services--from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming, and take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive data service via the EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music, and videos, and uploading of images and videos, involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
- Fast 3G connectivity via 850/900/1900/2100 MHz bands (HSDPA)
- Quad-band GSM connectivity for global voice roaming
- Gorgeously colorful 3.2-inch touch-enabled display with 640 x 360-pixel resolution and support for up to 16.7 million colors. The resistive touch screen includes haptic feedback so you know when you've pressed a key or onscreen menu, brightness control, an ambient light detector, and an orientation sensor that effortlessly switches from portrait to landscape viewing.
- Personalize your home screen with widgets that bring live feeds from social networks, news agencies, and weather services. Add bookmarks and contact shortcuts to your home screen so that your favorite Web pages and friends are just a tap away.
- Full QWERTY keyboard flips open from the left side, and the display pivots to up to a 35-degree angle for easier reading of the screen while you're typing.
See larger image.
- Integrated GPS receiver with free Ovi Maps enables you to find your route quickly and easily, whether walking or driving. Use the Walk pedestrian navigation to find your way, or the voice-guided Drive navigation to find the best route. (Learn more)
- Built-in compass keeps you pointing in the right direction and the map adapts to point the same way you do
- 5-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics with up to 14x digital zoom, dual LED flash, auto-focus, and Cover Flow viewing of photos with finger motions.
- Capture DVD-quality videos (640 x 480; VGA) in a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio at 30 frames per second (fps). Other features include MPEG4/3GPP formats, up to a 90-minute clip length, video stabilization, scene settings, and video light.
- Upload your photos and videos to Ovi Share and share them online with friends and family.
- Secondary camera on front for video calls (QCIF resolution)
- 8 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB in size.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock. If your laptop is Bluetooth enabled, you can connect wirelessly and enjoy dial-up networking (DUN profile); note that additional charges may be applicable.
- SMS and MMS messaging
- Organizer tools including calendar, to-do list, notes, clock, converter, and voice recorder
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Supports e-mail accounts from more than a thousand ISPs (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3), as well as Gmail, Yahoo! mail, and Hotmail. People who use Microsoft Exchange at work can access their email using the Mail for Exchange mobile email client, which comes pre-loaded (an Exchange email account is required and your Exchange Administrator must have enabled your account for synchronization).
- Document viewer compatible with attachments like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and PDF files.
- Digital audio player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, eAAC, and eAAC+ formats. Control your music with just a touch by adding the media player widget to the home screen.
- Stereo FM radio with RDS capabilities
The Nokia N97 Mini weighs 4.87 ounces and measures 4.45 x 2.07 x 0.56 inches. Its 1200 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7.17 hours of GSM talk time (4 hours on 3G networks), and up to 320 hours (13+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, plus 850/900/1900/2100 3G networks (HSDPA).
What's in the Box
Nokia N97 Mini handset, Nokia Navigation Accessory Kit (mobile charger DC-6, mobile holder CR-117, holder easy mount HH-20), rechargeable battery (BL-4D), charger (AC-10U), connectivity cable (CA-101), wired headset (AD-54, HS-45), cleaning cloth, quick start guide
Lonely Planet guide.
- Maps for over 180 countries and free map updates
- Drive and Walk navigation available in over 70 countries with real-time voice guidance
- My Position enables you to find your current location easier and faster than ever.
- New one box search for quicker access to finding places and addresses.
- Save your favorite places and routes, then synchronize them with your Ovi account over the air.
- Car navigation with voice and visual instructions, lane assistance and speed limit information. Now also with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Pedestrian navigation with routing through pedestrian zones and shortcuts, pathways through parks and buildings, stairways and plazas. Now with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Get real-time weather information including a 5-day forecast, for your current or any location found via search.
- Lonely Planet and Michelin offer you dynamic access to the best and most relevant editorial travel content for over 1000 destinations. Find thousands of listings for sights, restaurants, hotels, shops, nightlife, and more. Look these places up on the map and get to them with Walk and Drive navigation.
- Discover the events happening near your location on the map or any place found via search.
- Share your location on Facebook--where you are, what you are up to, and finish with a photo.
No Hidden Costs
The new version of Ovi Maps comes with all the maps and high-end, car grade navigation features you need for free, and is yours to keep for the life of the smartphone. No additional licenses are needed for extra countries, regions, or services like traffic information and city guides. Data charges from network operators may apply.
Voice Guidance and Traffic Information
Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation comes free for both drivers and pedestrians. For drivers this includes lane assistance, traffic information, safety camera, and speed warnings. For pedestrians, this includes shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones for over 100 cities around the world, as well as 6,000 3D landmarks in over 200 cities to help you find exactly where you are.
Unique Hybrid Technology
Ovi Maps is built on an advanced technology called hybrid vector maps. Vector maps are high quality but less data intensive and allow you to continue to navigate even if you lose your network connection. This means that maps downloaded or updated across a network connection are about half the size of bulky bitmaps used by other mobile map providers. The hybrid technology ensures that, unlike other providers, any downloaded map data is stored on the device for future use.
No Network Connection Required When Navigating
Avoid expensive, battery-draining network connections with Nokia's unique hybrid technology. Maps can be pre-loaded on to your Nokia smartphone so you can set Ovi Maps to offline mode, saving battery power, and the navigation system will still work. This is particularly useful for those worried about data connection costs when travelling abroad, or when you are travelling through areas with little or no network coverage.
Best Global Coverage
You take your mobile with you wherever you go in the world so, as standard, voice guided navigation for both pedestrians and drivers is available for 74 countries in 46 different languages, and there are maps for over 180 countries. This gives you the best maps with the largest global coverage for free.
Top Customer Reviews
Although it says I bought the phone from Amazon I actually bought it direct from Nokia. I canceled the Amazon order when I thought they had the wrong color. I'm sorry that happened because buying it from Amazon would have been a better experience. (another edit: since installing the new firmware, any stability issues the phone had seem to have been solved)
My original review:
The quality of the materials and the fit/finish & construction is the first thing I noticed, taking this out of the box. It has nice surfaces everywhere, a shiny steel bezel on the front and highlights around the bottom section, a matte black (brownish) metal finish on the bottom with a steel battery door and camera lens bezel. The battery door latches securely (and easily) unlike any phone I've ever owned. The phone feels heavy in a high quality way. It fits in your hand in a way that makes it feel much thinner than you would expect from the measurements. The flare at the bottom makes it feel more secure in your hand. The raised lens bezel makes it easy to avoid inadvertently using the camera lens as a finger grip.
so many pros...
-- Touchscreen is very responsive and has kinetic scrolling and it's easy to stop the screen without accidentally launching something.
-- Browser is full screen and looks great.Read more ›
When the N97 mini became available, I was initially put off by the negative reviews, including those that made it seem like less than the n97, but for about the same cost. I'm glad I ignored those reviews. This is a phenomenal phone, starting with the phone. In my opinion, Nokia is matched only by Blackberry when it comes to signal strength and call quality, and I don't understand why professional reviews just gloss over the phone capability - for me, it's one of the most important features of a phone. The home screen is highly modifiable - something that was a deal killer for me re: iPhone (I don't want to know that I have an email; I want to be able to see the email itself without having to dig down through four menus). The web browser is snappy and excellent. The size is perfect. Build quality far exceeds that of the N97, and is on par with the E71. The touch screen is very responsive - I've read a lot about resistive vs. capacitive; however, I was never comfortable with the iPhone but feel that mini works very well.
If you're on AT&T and are bemoaning the fact that you can't get a decent Android phone, then get this. You'll be happy you did.Read more ›
With that out of the way, here are the impressions I have:
1) This is a well-built phone with nice use of metals and higher quality plastics. It feels great in the hand - solid and compact. There is no creaking whatsoever (you can't even tell straight up that the phone has a keyboard) and the hinge seems durable and well designed - time will tell. On the negative side, I have noticed that there is a little light leak coming from a couple of the keys and the camera key also feels a little stiff.
2) I found the keyboard to be tactile and I was able to adapt to it pretty quickly. There is enough space between the keys to make typing a relatively accurate experience. The space key is slightly offset which may throw some people.
3) The overall feel of the OS is pretty zippy. Coming from a Nokia N95 8gb, I am definitely experiencing a speed increase in menu transitions and application load times.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it is old fashion now and it is expensive comparing to other smart phonesPublished 12 months ago by Ahmead M. Shaban
This was due on Feb 17 but on the due date, I was told it was destroyed in transit and they had no new stock. This was very disappointing. Read morePublished 17 months ago by L. Hetue
Grreat phone. Solid build. Showed the height of nokia. For it's time (and still holds up to today) a robust phone with plenty of features (still best GPS on phone). Read morePublished 20 months ago by K. Reevers
It was by far the worst purchase of my life. The phone was slow, had awful battery life, struggled with simple tasks (making a call, for example), had resistive touch screen that... Read morePublished on December 6, 2013 by Stefano
Nokia, at one time, was my favorite phone. The Nokia N97 has changed that for me. The on/off switch doesn't work so I need to remove/replace the battery to start up the phone. Read morePublished on September 9, 2013 by Di Huynh
Just is my upgrade from my n95 which died after 5 years. This is the perfect in between phone for those who like some of the features of a smart phone just without the price tag... Read morePublished on August 31, 2013 by c88m87