Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 174 reviews
on June 2, 2012
Came today! I am, actually, an audiophile and have been for years. One of those crazy people who spend ridiculous money on this stuff. Will say, the travel speaker market has been so utterly crappy that when a small form factor that at least doesn't make your ears bleed comes along, you take notice. There are many things to love about this speaker.

1) It's not as small as the Jawbone, but there is a minimum amount of acoustic space necessary to create credible bass.
2) Great design decision to use the cubic inches for bass, instead of trying to squeeze stereo sound into a package that is so small there is utterly NO meaningful separation (I'm looking at you Jawbone, Bose, Phillips, anyone who brags about a "stereo" device no wider than 3/4 the width of your listening space is blowing marketing smoke.)
3) Here's the killer feature: you buy 2, you can get true stereo separation in whatever hotel room you stay in, without having to check an extra bag.
4) The treble is pretty darn nice too. Smooth. These were definitely designed by a sis/bro who gets our priorities.

No, it won't replace your Martin-Logan electrostatics, Klipsch horns, LCD-3s,HD-800's, Krell, Marrantz, Amps, etc. But all the right compromises, and none of the wrong ones were made in design of this fantastic travel speaker.

PS: I had no prob pairing it with my iPhone 4, MacBookPro 2010, or MacBookAir 2011. Couldn't get it hooked up to my Sammy GalTab 7 Plus, but not done trying. Don't know if mine already had the firmware update. But I suspect the Mac issues might be limited to certain chipsets used in certain production runs.
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2015
I have used these speakers for 14 months. I think the quality of the product is inconsistent. I bought two and then a third within months of none another I liked them so much. Sound was clear, no hissing or popping, bass volume ok for my needs., volume loud enough to fill my living room space, connection to both my IPhone 5 and MacBook was easy to complete. The BUT? The first set (of three), I returned directly to the manufacturer for replacement within 3 months of purchase (through Amazon). The plug to recharge the battery quit working on all three of the speakers. The units were all replaced and I was sent 3 new items. Now 11 months from the replacement, two of the three units rattle if the volume is raised to a certain point, perhaps a bad "woofer" (do those things still exist?). So I give it a 4 for quality of manufacturing, I paid $99 for each one- I rather try a different brand when I have to replace the units because I expected them to last longer than a year without an issue and the cost has gone op for these speakers! For the cost I'll upgrade to Bose.
on April 14, 2012
If you purchased the new Lumia 900, then this is a must! Actually, this is a great wireless speaker for any Buletooth device. Connecting to your devices is simple and easy, the design and quality of construction rivals anything Apple produces, and most importantly, the sound quality is superb. The speaker projects the sound upward and easily is able to fill a room. Surprisingly, the bass is also very good. I own the new iPad, a Lumia 900, and an HP laptop. You start to really apperciate the sound that comes out the Nokia Play 360 once you connect it to your device and hear the sound transition from the device to the speaker.

Another great feature is the ability to pair two devices to the speaker, and easily transition back-and-forth to both devices. The battery life is also very impressive. I'm not sure if it will last the full 21 hours as advertised, but I do know that it easily lasted 8-10 hours yesterday on only a couple of hours charge. The portability of the speaker is also a plus. It's lightweight, and it comes with a well designed neoprene carrying case. Another feature that it has is the ability to sync with a second speaker for wireless stereo sound! I haven't tried this feature out yet as I do not have two, but I will be picking up a second after this post.

The only critisism that I have, and this is really a non issue, was that the bottom blue rubber base had a powdery grim on it. This was easily cleaned off, and must have been residules of the manufacturing process. Really a non-issue. This speaker really is beautiful!

Lastly, and surprisingly, yesterday when I was using the speaker with my cell phone and recieved a text message. My phone, through the Nokia Play anounced that I had a new text message, read it to me, allowed me to respond back verbally, and sent the text off, all without a need to push a button. That might not of surprised you, but it was the first time it happened to me, and I didn't even know that was possible!

I like this speaker! Hope you will as well. Nokia's design and quality seem to be returning back to their high, high standards!
88 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2014
Incredible speaker and what I expect from old Nokia. It works very well, sounds fantastic, lasts a long time, and most importantly, has an easily and cheaply replaceable battery.

Unfortunately, it doesn't support APTX which is a huge bummer. My new phone has APTX and it cannot deactivate it. So it will connect to the Nokia 360, but it won't play any sound. I've done quite a bit of research on it, but there doesn't seem to be any work around for it. I'll have to just use this one with my laptop, but that's not really what I bought it for. I want one that works with my phone so I can take it out fishing, camping, put it on my counter when I cook, in the garage when I'm wrenching...
on September 6, 2013
A friend purchased the Bose Soundlink 2 last month, on my recommendation. Excellent sound as expected and blew away the Big Jambox. This was before I researched this last gen Nokia. The overall sound and features of a pair of these Play 360's is better than the Bose, making them the best out there. The 360's almost match the Bose in sound quality, volume, portability and weight. Where the Nokia's bests Bose is in price, replacable batteries and most importantly with the speaker separation, the stereo effect is better than any other bluetooth/portable speakers out there.

---------------

Sep. 12, 2013 update. All the above is still accurate and now I can confirm 20+ hours on the battery life at medium volume.
review image
on January 30, 2013
This speaker is built solidly and has a nice rugged feel to it, and the sound quality is fantastic. I would never expect a home theater system sound coming out of this speaker, but still, the quality is impressive. The highs are a little lacking but the mids and lows are surprisingly good. On the other hand, the volume is not optimal. While it has the capability of getting loud enough to drown out one person speaking, but it will not overpower a room of people like some other larger, more powerful systems. That being said, the quality is pretty amazing. There is not heavy bass (obviously) but it is very noticeable, and the port on the side of the device moves a good amount of air. The main advantage this speaker has is its portability. If you are looking for a speaker with great sound and portability, this is the one for you, as long as you don't want your music loud enough to overpower a room full of people.
on September 28, 2013
Got a pair of these. Exceptional build quality and packaging. Sound quality cannot be compared to more expensive wired Bose speakers: not enough of powerful bass or clearest treble. But still, the sound is very good: both clear and loud for a large room. These speakers are nice for listening to movies, radio and all types of music when connected to a tablet or a phone. They are not tiny, but you can pick them up with one hand and carry around. They don't take too much space on a desk either.

More convenient in use than other small Bluetooth speakers:
- Charges via a micro-USB port. Any USB charger will work, with any micro-USB. Each speaker comes with its own charger. A Li-Ion battery lasts a long time and is replaceable.
- Has the standard 3.5mm headphone jack for analog input. Each speaker comes with its own cable, too. Having standard connectors for both charging and audio input blows away other mini-speakers that require special unified cables for both charging and audio input.
- It is easy to pair two of them for stereo output. Then it works for either Bluetooth or wired input. The second speaker always receives (stereo) audio wirelessly, you can move it around without tangled cords.
- If two speakers are paired, the volume control works on either speaker as well as the power-off button: both will be turned off. You will need to turn each on separately, but they will automatically and quickly re-connect wirelessly. The pair will work with either Bluetooth or wired input to one of the speakers.
- NFC works perfectly for switching the speaker on and automatic Bluetooth pairing.
- Two Bluetooth sources can be used, you won't need to repeat the Bluetooth pairing procedure every time the source is changed.
on August 31, 2013
I really enjoyed my "Oontz Angle" because of the wireless feature. My only complaint was that it had an obvious lack of bass. Decent sound, but little to zero "oomph".

Enter the Nokia Play 360. I went ahead and ordered 2 of these since I liked the idea that they can link and give you TRUE stereo separation.

Positives:

1. VERY GOOD BASS - Rivaling decent computer speakers - even nearing the quality of some computer speakers WITH subwoofers.
2. The speaker-linking to get true stereo separation WORKS. No other bluetooth speaker system (to my knowledge) can accomplish this. HIGH MARKS on this feature.
3. Sound quality - Look out Jambox, you have a competitor that has better features AND better sound at a LOWER price!!!
4. If you ignore the price (or even not in the case of Jambox) - these speakers blow away ALL other bluetooth speakers (that I've tried).

Negatives:

1. A bit pricy. You're looking at NEAR Jambox price to get two of these in order to fully appreciate the awesome stereo ability. (BTW - Remember - FULL stereo, NO WIRES!!!)
2. You can only link 2 of these. Nokia - you're on the right track - make options to link multiple in mono-mode - or multiple in SURROUND SOUND mode and you will decimate your competition.

Bottom line - If you're willing to spend the money - these guys ABSOLUTELY provide the bang for the (extended) buck. AWESOME bluetooth speakers. I will be buying more for my kids and such. I like my "Oontz Angle" and will still use it for portability (maybe at the office) - but the Nokia speakers simply blow away everything else I've tried for sound quality.

- Ron Donofero
on September 12, 2014
This speaker is about the size of a coffee mug so it's very portable. The sound is rich and full, nothing like a normal portable speaker. Oh the NFC feature is just the coolest thing ever. however, i only got to use it for about 2 days before the battery just died. would not hold a charge and wouldn't even work when plugged in. So i'm giving it a 3 star because i had to return it.
on July 8, 2012
The Nokia Play 360 is a great portable speaker. The sound quality is really impressive. No, it is not comparable to audiophile studio speakers, but it is great for playing music off your phone or iPod. I've listened to it side-by-side with other comparable speakers and this is definitely higher quality sound than the Jambox or Satechi. That improved sound does come in a slightly bigger package, but it is still quite compact. If space and size are at a premium, you might want to compare sizes... If you're looking for a convenient speaker with great sound quality to use at the beach/pool/parties or in your office/workshop, this is a great choice.

The bluetooth connection is a great feature and makes it easy for multiple people to help contribute their music. The included 3.5mm male-to-male plug makes it easy to connect a device that does not have bluetooth. The battery life is also great. One full charge lasted me 4 days playing for 6-8 hours each day at about 80% volume.