Nokia MD-12 Rechargeable Bluetooth/NFC Wireless Portable Mini Speaker with Built-in Microphone for Smartphones/Tablets - Orange
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Item Weight||0.1 Kilograms|
|Battery Average Life||15 Hours|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
About this item
- NFC pairing
- Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
- Maximum music playback time: 15 hr
- Maximum audio output: 95 dB at 0.5 m
- Nokia Original accessory
Customers also viewed these products
Top rated from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Nokia brings you this powerful, sweet sounding mini portable Bluetooth speaker. Perfect for the summer. Compressed size without compromised sound Listening to your favourite music is now simpler than ever. With its ultra-compact design and coming in a range of beautiful colours, the MD-12 is small enough to slip into your pocket. Perfect for those times when you need to be on the move at a moment's notice. Big bass experience Don't let its small size deceive you. This little guy packs a load of power. Engineered with the latest technology, the MD-12 is designed with an actuator built in, creating a big bass effect when set on nearly any surface. Superior battery life for more listening fun With NFC included, just tap your NFC-enabled phone to the speaker and you're all set. Or use Bluetooth and stream your tunes wirelessly and dance the night away with a guaranteed 15 hours of music play on the rechargeable battery. Wire-free efficiency Be wire-free with Bluetooth and NFC. And combined with a long-lasting, rechargeable battery, keep the music pumping all night long on a single charge. Conference calls outside the office Take your office meetings with you wherever you are by joining your conference calls on-the-go, with the built-in microphone.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The source of the disappointment comes when directly compared to the JBL Micro Wireless Ultra-Portable Speaker, which for less money, is overall a better experience.
Things i noticed when directly comparing the two brands i have....
- The JBL has Volume Control on the Unit itself, the Nokia does not, requiring the Phone itself for it's Volume. This is obviously somewhat annoying if your Handset is in a different room to the Speaker and you wish to adjust it.
- While the Nokia certainly has some Bass Kick for such a small unit, it's overall sound is somewhat tinny and hollow. By comparison the JBL has a rich, full sound, and doesn't suffer from distortion at high volumes that the Nokia sometimes exhibits.
- The JBL has a small integrated Handle for hanging the speaker on a Wall, by comparison the Nokia is magnetic, if you want an Audio Fridge Magnet. The unit itself is a bit heavier than the JBL, so let's hope that magnet is a strong one.
- The JBL will turn itself off after a sustained period of inactivity once playback has stopped (ideal for those who fall asleep to Audio). I have yet to test this on the Nokia, but there's no mention of such a function in it's brief Manual.
- On a Windows Phone the Nokia can be placed as a Live Tile, which shows how much Battery percentage it has left. Not a feature of the JBL.
- The Nokia can be used with Voice Calls, the JBL is purely a Speaker.
- As well as having a hollow sound in comparison to the JBL, it also doesn't go as loud. Even turning up the Phone to 30 (of 30) as the volume still sees it noticeably quieter than the JBL. And as mentioned, the Nokia suffers from distortion at those volumes, an issue i've never noticed on the JBL.
Overall, while beautifully designed and colourful (the orange is the full-on Day-Glo variety that the photo doesn't do justice) in comparing the direct competition, the Nokia sadly falls short.
As both units are around the same dimensions (about the size of a Hockey-Puck), and the JBL can be bought for less money, and deliver noticeably better sound, i'd have to say future choices in this market will see me leaning towards JBL Units.
Top reviews from other countries
Der Klang ist für so ein kleines Teil wirklich super, vor allem weil der Höhenbereich schön klar gezeichnet ist und so nie das Gefühl von Blechbüchse aufkommt, man kann lange entspannt hören. Für mich ist der Lautsprecher perfekt in Größe und Gewicht als Teil meines Motorradgepäcks, wo er wenig Raum einnimmt und sehr robust ist.
Elle possède de nombreuses qualités:
- très compacte et robuste
- grande autonomie (je n'ai jamais fait vraiment attention, mais au moins 10h)
- qualité & puissance du son vu sa taille
- NFC pour faciliter l'appairage des téléphones
- microphone (pratique pour faire un appel en mode main-libre ou conférence)
Je ne vois qu'un unique inconvénient qui peut facilement être corrigé en choisissant bien son support: les basses sont gérées à l'aide du support sur lequel est posé l'enceinte. Leur qualité dépendra donc du type de support (bois, métal, plastique...). En pratique, j'ai toujours eu des basses satisfaisantes sur des surfaces stables, dures et épaisses (tables, meubles, lave-linge...)