Nokia Steel – Activity & Sleep Watch
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 24/7 seamless tracking - Automatic walk, run, swim & 10+ activities recognized. Plus calories burned & distance
- Sleep monitoring - Sleep cycle analysis plus silent vibrating alarm with Smart Wake-Up to wake you at the optimal point
- Premium materials - Stainless steel, chrome hands, silicone sport strap
- Automatic synchronization - Visualize trends and data on your smartphone with the free Nokia Health Mate app
- No charging - Up to 8-month battery life
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Styled for life. Built for health.
Activity tracking helps you move more, feel better, and sleep better - but only if the tracker works with your life. Nokia Steel lets you run, walk, swim, or dance the night away without your phone. There’s no charging and no button to press - Nokia Steel automatically tracks everything and syncs to the Nokia Health Mate app to give you in-depth metrics, personal coaching and more.
In the Know & On the Move
Track activity at a glance. The tachometer-inspired sub-dial tracks progress towards your daily goal. And there's no button to press: Nokia Steel automatically detects and tracks all activity, including walk, run, swim, and sleep.
H2O & Ready to Go
Nokia Steel is water-resistant up to 5 ATM (50 meters - 150 feet) and automatically detects swimming, so you can shower with it and view your water workouts in the Health Mate app.
Sleep Tracking, Silent Alarm & Smart Wake-Up
Nokia Steel automatically detects light and deep sleep cycles, sleep interruptions, and sleep duration. Set an alarm in the Health Mate app to wake with a gentle vibration at the optimal point in your sleep cycle.
No More Charging
No need for any cables or dock - Nokia Steel operates on a standard button cell watch battery to provide up to 8 months of battery life.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here's where it absolutely shines:
- No more charging! Nokia Steel is powered by a regular watch battery which lasts roughly 8 months. Mine lasted almost a year! Replacing it is easy and can be done at home or at any jewelry/department store.
- Connects to your phone via Bluetooth then quietly and effectively collects your activity data, and syncs it to the phone app. It will automatically detect a wide range of activities, their duration and intensity, while the app will calculate the calories burned, etc.
- Sleep patterns tracker. The watch/app will tell you how well you slept and how long.On top of that, you can enable a silent, vibrating alarm by using the app. This is a big plus to anyone who hates those annoying sound alarms.
- The time keeping is superb. The watch is extremely precise since it syncs with your phone. If you travel a lot, changing time zones, adjusting the watch is not an issue. It will immediately pickup the new time from your phone's network / carrier.
Nokia has made several noticeable design improvements to both the watch and the app. First, the app is updated a lot more frequently with true improvements each time. Also, the wrist band has been slightly upgraded. The band material fills softer and stronger at the same time. The buckle has also been redesigned and secures the watch on your wrist a lot better.
Overall, the watch helps me to stay on top of my personal health goals and progress. The app can also import all the data to Apple Health. It keeps track of your weight history, shows the normal ranges for weight, body far, muscle mass, and BMI. Nokia has also promised nutrition tracking, syncing with MyFitnessPal, Runkeeper integration, and other notable improvements.
The watch fits exceptionally well with professional attire, casual, or even work out clothes. It has truly been a focus of attention at several business meetings and events. Considering its price and features, the watch is an excellent choice, and I highly recommend it!
Setup: Getting the watch setup is incredibly easy. Once taking it out of box and downloading the Healthmate App, it took me about two minutes to sync. There is a tiny button on the inside of the watch that you press with a special little tool and this enables the watch to pair with your phone. It's actually pretty cool to see the watch adjust it's time to that of your phone. The process was very user-friendly and even someone who struggle with tech with have no problem.
Looks: I actually like that it looks like a normal watch and not a smart watch. Living in a big city, there are times I would not feel comfortable wearing a watch that is easily recognizable for its brand and cost. The Nokia Steel looks sleek and offers the health tracking I was looking for. The band is rubber (but you can buy many other colors and types online to switch it out) and the face is white with silver accents. I have a small wrist and I love the size- big but not huge. It is lightweight and completely waterproof. Since it uses a standard watch battery, I don't have to worry about plugging it in.
Function: Outside of telling time, the watch updates your steps in real time even if your phone is miles away. The smaller dial charts your progress toward 10,000 steps but you can adjust to any step goal you desire. The Nokia Steel monitors steps and sleep activity. You can purchase a higher priced model for BPM tracking. I found the step and mileage tracking to be very accurate based on other apps I use. The sleep tracking is slightly less accurate. Sometimes it picks up that I'm taking a nap, most of the time it doesn't. The night time tracking seems accurate based on the times I'm awake. It also charts the time you are in light and deep sleeps based on movement. I have included pictures of the app experience for reference.
Syncing with app: This is the reason I gave the Nokia Steel 4 instead of 5 stars. When I first started using the app, it did not sync automatically. I had to "pull" down the screen to force the watch and app to connect. Since then, the developer has updated the app and it is supposed to sync in the background without you needed to force it to sync. I feel like it does this about half of the time. For instance, it is currently 4pm and when I opened the app to take screenshots for this review, it had not auto-synced since 11am so I had to manually sync it. This isn't a huge deal since it doesn't affect the progress toward your step goal on the actual watch face which, for me at least, is the ultimate motivator and therefore value of having this watch.
Health benefits: I have definitely increased the number of steps I take each day since using the watch. It is so fun and rewarding to watch the dial climb closer and closer to 100%. There was a time where I never got to 10,000 steps unless I was hiking or at a museum. Now I hit my goal at least a few times each week thanks to the motivation from the watch. I feel better and have lost a few pounds without altering my diet in any way.