- Size (LWH): 4.25 inches, 1.77 inches, 0.55 inches
- Weight: 0 ounces
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 10 hours
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 504 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Nokia C1-01 Unlocked GSM Phone--US Version with Warranty (Dark Grey)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 1.8-inch LCD display
- Unlocked dual-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/1900 plus GPRS data capabilities. Slim candybar-style phone in dark gray, perfect for voice communication and text messaging
- VGA camera/camcorder; microSD memory expansion; Bluetooth stereo music; personal organizer tools; web browser
- Up to 10.6 hours of talk time, up to 500 hours (20+ days) of standby time; released in January, 2011
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, compact charger, wired stereo headset, operating instructions
- Unlocked dual-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/1900 plus GPRS data capabilities
- Slim candybar-style phone in dark gray, perfect for voice communication and text messaging
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
A stylish, reliable phone with a host of multimedia and messaging features.
Nicely affordable for those who want a mobile phone for voice communication and text messaging, the sleek and easy-to-use Nokia C1-01 unlocked cell phone packs all the tools you need to stay in touch with everyone who matters to you. Keep up with what's happening in the world by surfing the web on the built-in browser, texting with friends, and staying in touch with easy e-mail access.
The phone's music player makes it easy to play your favorite songs, and with the embedded Bluetooth streaming music profile you can listen to your music via optional wireless headphones or share tunes on a compatible speaker dock. The Nokia C1-01 also features an expandable memory slot with room for a microSD card of up to 32 GB (sold separately), perfect for storing music as well as photos and videos captured via the integrated VGA camera/camcorder.
Other features include an FM radio (with recording capabilities), personal organizer tools, 3.5mm headphone/headset jack, and up to 10.6 hours of talk time.
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider.
- Dual GSM band with GPRS capabilities for data.
- 1.8-inch LCD screen (128 x 160 pixels; 65K color depth)
- Standard alpha-numeric keypad
- Series 40 OS
- VGA camera/camcorder for shooting photos and videos on the go
- Music player compatible with MP3 and AAC formats
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Hands-free speakerphone Easy access to personal e-mail.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 64 MB internal memory
- SMS and MMS messaging with common inbox
- Access to personal e-mail via popular services including Ovi by Nokia, Yahoo!, Windows Live, and Gmail
- Opera Mini web browser with support for HTML, XHTML, and WAP protocols
- Organizer tools including calendar, clock, world clock, calculator, expense manager, and converter
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- MicroUSB connector with USB mass storage capabilities
- Included games
- Stores up to 1000 contacts
The Nokia C1-01 weighs 2.78 ounces and measures 4.25 x 1.77 x 0.55 inches. Its 1020 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 10.6 hours of talk time, and up to 500 hours (20+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS frequencies.
What's in the Box
Nokia C1-01 handset, rechargeable battery, compact charger, wired stereo headset, operating instructions
Top Customer Reviews
I just needed a simple phone I could use for my T-Mobile service. I don't web browse on my phone. I don't really use my phone that much to begin with actually, so while I had a normally billed plan, I was planning on switching to prepaid as I discovered it was $10/mo cheaper, and didn't lock me into a contract. My first ever cell phone(s) were Nokias, so I figured I'd go back to my roots and pick this one up.
Long story short, it does exactly what I hoped it'd do. All I needed it for is calling and occasional texting. While I don't find the texting to be quite as intuitive as it was on my previous Samsung phones, in all fairness I have to concede that that might be due to the fact that I'd had Samsung phones for several years, and my first forays into texting were on them - they were all I ever knew.
The only gripe I have with this phone, besides the aforementioned texting learning curve, is that there's just a tiny bit of lag time for it to execute a command. It's not terrible, but it is noticeable. Oh, and the camera isn't much. I daresay my old T-509 had a better camera, and it was five years old! But then again, I wanted a basic phone, that is what I paid for, and that his what I got.
What I like about the phone:
Battery life - I'm not sure if the claimed 10.6 hrs of talk time is accurate, but it is a solid battery
MicroSD - I can put pictures and music and whatnot on there, and use them as my background, or ring tones (free, simple, and unlimited possibilities), or play them through headphones (standard head phone jack!)
Radio - A feature I'll probably never use, but is kinda cool. You HAVE to have the headphones plugged in for the radio to work as they are the antenna, but reception was surprisingly solid when I was testing it. However, you can't play songs from the radio on speakerphone for all to enjoy the way you can with songs off the MicroSD card.
Small - Fits in my jacket pockets well, the keys autolock to avoid too many pocket dials.
I had no trouble getting it to work with my T-Mobile service. I just popped in my SIM card and it worked. I did have to call T-Mobile tech support to have them help me with SMS messages, which weren't going through or coming in. They had to send me some text that wrote some settings to the phone's memory, but it was quick and painless. It also survived the conversion to prepay and is working just fine on that plan now. For $50 I'm fairly satisfied.
The phone was purchased several months ago and continues to operate, while taking it's share of beatings in our hot, humid climate, while continuously moving back and forth between the cold of IT Server Rooms and the outside heat. From being left in the car all day in the sun, from time-to-time, the Phone has also survived countless drops, from desk to floor, bed to floor, pocket to road drops. Yes, it does look beat-up, but...all the buttons are still in place and they all work. The only issue I am now seeing is the response time, going from home screen to whatever your choice, be it application or checking your address book. Not a big problem.
There are no dropped calls issue or problems with the signal.
The upper part of the phone heats up during long conversations, but this is to be expected and conversations were either transferred to speaker or ended to avoid too much RF exposure.
Multimedia was not used.
The phone is very good and you will not be disappointed in using this phone as your first or as a backup.
There were no problems with Amazon or with the shipping of this product.
My son loved the phone the minute he opened it and it worked perfectly. Two days later, however, it became unregistered. I contacted our service provider and the customer service representative thought it might be the phone. That made no sense to me since it had worked for two days. She brought a supervisor into it, and after a couple of downloads to the sim card, the phone turned on and has been working beautifully ever since.
The phone has a one year manufacturer's warranty. I hope that we never have to take advantage of it, and at this point in time I would have to say that this phone was an excellent deal for the price.